Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard new relase date now more like Q1 2007

2»

Comments

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by baphamet

from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMO

My guess is summer of 2007.  Whn Brad starts talimg about hoping to get the game out by March at least to me it makes Summer much more realistic.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Zippy

from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMO
    My guess is summer of 2007.  Whn Brad starts talimg about hoping to get the game out by March at least to me it makes Summer much more realistic.

yeah, that could very well be the case.....if it does go to summer that means that would be almost 2 years of beta lol thats crazy.

• jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by Zippy

yeah, that could very well be the case.....if it does go to summer that means that would be almost 2 years of beta lol thats crazy.

if the beta leaks are even close to true, they'll need the extra time until summer 2007 to make the game playable and avoid it being an unmitigated disaster like dnl or mourning

Originally posted by jonaku

Originally posted by baphamet Originally posted by ZippyOriginally posted by baphamet from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMOMy guess is summer of 2007.  Whn Brad starts talimg about hoping to get the game out by March at least to me it makes Summer much more realistic.
    if the beta leaks are even close to true, they'll need the extra time until summer 2007 to make the game playable and avoid it being an unmitigated disaster like dnl or mourning

vanguard will be nothing g near the disaster that is Dnl, i will bet money on it right now. and i admit i don't know a whole lot about ageofmourning, but i do know it was a scam.

yeah i am extremely confident it wont come close to that bad even in a worse case scenario. and please lets not start another flame war jonaku, if you want to have a legitimate discussion about vanguard i am fine with that...but lets keep it civil please.

Originally posted by ZippyOriginally posted by baphamet from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMOMy guess is summer of 2007.  Whn Brad starts talimg about hoping to get the game out by March at least to me it makes Summer much more realistic.

vanguard will be nothing g near the disaster that is Dnl, i will bet money on it right now. and i admit i don't know a whole lot about ageofmourning, but i do know it was a scam.

yeah i am extremely confident it wont come close to that bad even in a worse case scenario. and please lets not start another flame war jonaku, if you want to have a legitimate discussion about vanguard i am fine with that...but lets keep it civil please.

i was keeping it civil. is your definition of civil to withhold any contempt or criticism for the game?

contemptuous <> uncivil

disdainful <> uncivil

CIVIL = Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; not rude: a civil reply.

are you now going to accuse any complaint about the game as being inherently impolite/uncivil and therefore against forum rules and thus worthy of banning/locking/deletion????

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

Originally posted by ZippyOriginally posted by baphamet from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMOMy guess is summer of 2007.  Whn Brad starts talimg about hoping to get the game out by March at least to me it makes Summer much more realistic.

i was keeping it civil. is your definition of civil to withhold any contempt or criticism for the game?

contemptuous <> uncivil

disdainful <> uncivil

CIVIL = Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; not rude: a civil reply.

are you now going to accuse any complaint about the game as being inherently impolite/uncivil and therefore against forum rules and thus worthy of banning/locking/deletion????

Who pays you to do this?

Originally posted by Vengeful

contemptuous <> uncivil

disdainful <> uncivil

Who pays you to do this?

no one. it's community service. like giving blood to the red cross. it's my small way of contributing to society.

Originally posted by Vengeful

contemptuous <> uncivil

disdainful <> uncivil

Who pays you to do this?

i like the way u dodged my castigation of ur attempt to squelch my dissent. i see what u did there.

contemptuous <> uncivil
    disdainful <> uncivil

man you give me a headache...i just meant lets not start a flame war, it seemed as if you were attempting to have a civil discussion and i wanted to keep it that way.

all i am saying is, if you intend on starting a hate/flame war and/or start insulting me or anyone els for whatever reason then i no longer want to have anything to do with it.

I'm tired of bickering with you and i am here to have a discussion about vanguard, nothing more...

if you have a negative opinion and disagree with mine, thats fine just lets keep it civil thats all I'm saying.

• wyzwunwyzwun Member Posts: 328

My concern of vanguard is what i have seen. I dont have to be in the beta program to see the game, footage is every where (just need to know where to look). After watching the video footage and then reading everything from FoH... there is nothing that makes this game look FUN to me. Thats why we all play games, to have FUN.

There is flat out no room for another EQ, you got idk, 8 of them? why another? It just disturbs me to hear people complain about how EQ pre SoV was this amazing mmo and how PoP ruined it... Want a raid game? you got WoW / FFXI and more... you still got EQ! i mean, thats what it is about... because if it is a sandbox you want, you will not find it in VG (thats why we have EvE)...

so who are we trying to attract here? all 20 of the people who hated PoP? (thats a joke BTW) in another year, will anyone here even remember PoP... i mean PoP wasnt a bad expansion ... I think its time to get past this, i mean even brad says he thinks most of the changes that went in to EQ was good... (and yeah you can find a quote on that)

Rites of the Four Horsemen
    http://www.rotfh.com

• CylusSigilCylusSigil Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by wyzwun

My concern of vanguard is what i have seen. I dont have to be in the beta program to see the game, footage is every where (just need to know where to look). After watching the video footage and then reading everything from FoH... there is nothing that makes this game look FUN to me. Thats why we all play games, to have FUN.

I'm sure that it's been said before but keep in mind that the majority of negative information posted on the FoH boards comes from individuals that obviously dislike the game enough to disregard the NDA and the risks involved in breaking it.  On the other hand, you generally won't hear from the people that actually enjoy the game because they wish to remain in beta and won't take the chance of getting the boot.  So, obviously, the flag in the tug-o-war is generally going to be on the negative side.  That doesn't mean that there isn't 1, 5 or 10 people out there that enjoy the game for every 1, 5 or 10 that don't. 

I enjoyed the game well enough to play it to the level cap and that was just on my main toon*shrugs* 

Originally posted by CylusSigil

I'm sure that it's been said before but keep in mind that the majority of negative information posted on the FoH boards comes from individuals that obviously dislike the game enough to disregard the NDA and the risks involved in breaking it.  On the other hand, you generally won't hear from the people that actually enjoy the game because they wish to remain in beta and won't take the chance of getting the boot.  So, obviously, the flag in the tug-o-war is generally going to be on the negative side.  That doesn't mean that there isn't 1, 5 or 10 people out there that enjoy the game for every 1, 5 or 10 that don't. 

I enjoyed the game well enough to play it to the level cap and that was just on my main toon*shrugs* 

Are you a Sigil rep? The problem is you have been in development for almost 4+ years and you don’t show us anything. All i hear is "Secret Sauce", it seems to me that you don’t want to get expectations high, imo you don’t want to be exposed. Well my expectations considering the last generation of mmo’s is sky high, we as consumers deserve something better then the steaming pile of excrement that has been unleashed upon us over the past 2 years.

Question is why do I care? Well I care because I have helped build a pre-launch guild and a community here in Vangaurd. Its people like me who genuinely care about the game (unlike SV, a site that is complete propaganda). I want to know if I should cut losses (lost time) and rebuild that community in a good up and coming mmo (IE Tabula Rasa) and not wait for this self-proclaimed savior of the mmo genre… Angerr may bet money that this game wont turn out like DnL but frankly, right now given the information and the leaked videos… that’s what it looks like.

You want to know whom your competing with? It’s game’s like FFXI. That’s who your competition is. Can you make a game that’s going to pull subs away from a very polished and deep title such as that? Is Vanguard even going to be as good as EQ2 (I would say no as of right now)?

If you go and read the old faq, one of your major selling points is I should leave my current game (FFXI) because well… maybe im getting bored (lol), or because of a failing economy… those are not selling points, that is MMO reality.

We read about how there are maybe 100? Active beta testers? I mean, your going in to closed beta 3 and out of the thousands , you can only get 100 or less to show up? I just can’t ignore this and say “well its just beta”, every game I have beta tested that had a bad beta guess what? It was a bad game.

Are you a Sigil rep? The problem is you have been in development for almost 4+ years and you don’t show us anything. All i hear is "Secret Sauce", it seems to me that you don’t want to get expectations high, imo you don’t want to be exposed. Well my expectations considering the last generation of mmo’s is sky high, we as consumers deserve something better then the steaming pile of excrement that has been unleashed upon us over the past 2 years.

i agree they are not trying to get expectations to high, god knows we seen what happens when you purposly hype your game beyond what you are able to deliver (Dnl).

and if your expectations of mmo's are "sky high" then good luck finding a game that meets those expectations, i am not saying vanguard wont but when you have such high expectations for a up and coming game you are anticipating then the odds of that game delivering for you isn't very high.

again i would bet money that vanguard wont be nowhere near as buggy or the overhyped POS that is Dnl....you can say that vanguard looks unfun or buggy or whatever but Dnl was unplayable for most players all the way up to post release, no way in hell vanguard will be that bad i guarantee it.

We read about how there are maybe 100? Active beta testers? I mean, your going in to closed beta 3 and out of the thousands , you can only get 100 or less to show up? I just can’t ignore this and say “well its just beta”, every game I have beta tested that had a bad beta guess what? It was a bad game.

Every beta leaker mentioning this issue keeps repeating this number over and over again. Assuming it's true, then this is the most disturbing incontravertible signal that the Vanguard beta is performing poorly. You invite 3,000 to 10,000 beta testers and at most 100 are onlne at a time? All I can say is: "ouch."

Every beta leaker mentioning this issue keeps repeating this number over and over again. Assuming it's true, then this is the most disturbing incontravertible signal that the Vanguard beta is performing poorly. You invite 3,000 to 10,000 beta testers and at most 100 are onlne at a time? All I can say is: "ouch."

Here's a lil' reality check...

Wow has 6.5 million subscribers and 171 severs. Which brings an average of 38,011 active accounts per server.  6 thousand are online on a WoW sever at any given time. Round abouts 20% of the server base. Average player plays about 4.5 hours a day (20% of the day)

Vanguard has only sent out about around 3,500 invites for beta spread out over 8 months. an(I'm not going to get into how many of those were probably wasted on people who lied about their system specs to get into beta and could never run the game). By my math above, we'd be expecting about 600 or 700 people online at any given time, assuming that all 3500 people CAN play the game.

So yeah, maybe 100 players online at any given time is a little low when compared to the playtime and stuff of WoW...but, I wouldn't think so for a game in Beta....a game which said well before hand that it's closed Beta will be used to impliment, test, and fix mechanichs and not just test bugs....call me weird, but I would think most players want to play finished games =P

• grapegrape Member Posts: 191
    No kidding! It's beta. Wow beta had the same problems!

i agree they are not trying to get expectations to high, god knows we seen what happens when you purposly hype your game beyond what you are able to deliver (Dnl).

and if your expectations of mmo's are "sky high" then good luck finding a game that meets those expectations, i am not saying vanguard wont but when you have such high expectations for a up and coming game you are anticipating then the odds of that game delivering for you isn't very high.

again i would bet money that vanguard wont be nowhere near as buggy or the overhyped POS that is Dnl....you can say that vanguard looks unfun or buggy or whatever but Dnl was unplayable for most players all the way up to post release, no way in hell vanguard will be that bad i guarantee it.

I agree with you Angerr but we know DnL is a POS. To say that it wont be as bad as DnL that’s not a compliment. Doesn’t make myself and other active people in the community feel better. Right now, I should feel assured. At E3 Sigil should have shown me something.

For me, sky high is that the new gen of mmos are better then the last? I define better as

A)    Dynamic content – Vanguard is far to static in its current form. Static mmo games as I know them today do not draw me. Do not create an immersive experience. IMO and I hate to say this, WoW is the first game to get a clue on this and this is where instances became a very powerful tool.

B)    Improved animations and effects – Vanguard is looking good imo from this front. In allot of ways though EQ2 on full settings, don’t exactly look all that different from VG… sure color palette aside.

C)    Less of an emphasis on “systems” and “carrots” and on game play, one major issue I am having with vanguard right now. All I see are ways to keep the player coming back. Nothing from I have seen and read screams out “that looks fun”

D)    Creating a true immersive experience. By doing this we recognize the C) and we come to the conclusion that this is not to be mistaken by tedium. Sometimes Angerr I get the feeling you like waiting hours for a boat… I don’t, I still play games like FFXI that make me wait 30 minutes for an airship, that should be taken out. If Travel is a time sink, then that’s a game design flaw.

E)    Story line driven game play, Look at FFXI if you want an idea of what I am talking about. Imo, everyone should play FFXI and at least make it past rank 5. I believe after you do this, your opinion of what a story line in a MMO should be would be completely different. I believe this is the reason why such a game like Tabula Rasa was changed a few years ago… They actually GOT IT.

F)     Don’t make me dislike the game. Far too much I walk away from some games frustrated and annoyed, one example of this is FFXI and its CoP battles. Another example would be the never-ending Plane raids in EQ.

Originally posted by grape

Is this AA forum alt? I mean really what an informative post

/golfclap

Originally posted by grape

Is this AA forum alt? I mean really what an informative post

/golfclap

I dunno...I'm almost tempted to give it a sarcastic reading.