Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pok

blybzzerblybzzer Member Posts: 9
Okay..Seriously.. Is there any truth to Pokémon Online? Some friends talked about it.. Omg.. Well...I can say that I will not be playing that  Haha

blybzzer

Comments

• gizard89gizard89 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Been hearing stuff about it over years,but nth surfaced.So i guess dont bear much hope about it
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

all i can say is that the DS has WiFi connectivity(lol).  its pretty logical step to add dueling with it. 

though nothing could convince me to play that game again.  collectivity eventually loses it touch.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• arry2002ukarry2002uk Member Posts: 14

Such a game is the logical next step in Nintendo's legendary franchise, it would be a big profit maker too if you consider how much they make already on Pokémon.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    The Pokemon craze has long passed...so I doubt it. No one would play it.
  • RK-MaraRK-Mara Member Posts: 641
    I loved Pokemon games but wouldnt play it anymore.

• HalcaneHalcane Member UncommonPosts: 38
    i use to like pokemon like back when the cards were everywhere but now they are just milkin the series too much if it does come out i'll pick it up to try it out

imageimage
    Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
    Which FF Character Are You?

• powerpackpowerpack Member Posts: 3
    Pokemon... oh gosh...

I used to love that game so much. Especially the OG Red/Blue version. I mean, putting the TV show and cards aside, the games by themselves were pretty friggin' awesome... The concept was revolutionary, too. Heck yeah. It's too bad it got overhyped and all package-wrapped in a pretty pink fluffy pikachu box for little kids to enjoy.

Anyways, yeah... Pokemon online would absolutely ruin the lives of parents who have trouble enough controlling their little tikes as it is. If such a game ever came into existence, we'd have ourselves a new generation of youngling online gaming zombies.

Which might not necessarily be a bad thing...

• UrieUrie Member Posts: 5

Here you go: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl for the Nintendo DS are set to feature Wi-Fi playability for up to 16 players and even voice chat.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/711/711641p1.html

• bracketsockbracketsock Member Posts: 4
    Holy friggin' crap... That's pretty sweet dealin's. I mean, when I played the old games I was always sick of having to look for a friend with the game just to trade crap and evolve. But now interaction must be a lot better. Awesome! Although... I don't really like all the new pokemon coming up. I guess i'll just have to bear with it... as well as all the other 12 year old players. argh.

wow, i sound so kiddy right now.

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    the pokemon games were pretty good, the pokemon "craze" was pretty bad tho, i wonder if i m gonna buy the game for my beloved DS when it comes out... i guess i will probably buy it since the game doesnt show on the outside of the DS and i can always say i m playing some intellectual brain training lol

• Originally posted by naldric
    the pokemon games were pretty good, the pokemon "craze" was pretty bad tho, i wonder if i m gonna buy the game for my beloved DS when it comes out... i guess i will probably buy it since the game doesnt show on the outside of the DS and i can always say i m playing some intellectual brain training lol

lol, hey that brain training game is TIGHT. the first time i played, i got a brain age of 52, though... that was pretty depressing. but it was because the microphone couldn't pick up what i was saying! argh! i think i'll go try again today.
  • ShizofrenicShizofrenic Member Posts: 7
    Pokemon online?!?!?! I liked pokemon when I was like 5 years old
  • asupermaneasupermane Member Posts: 682

The MMO concept of Pokemon isnt bad at all.

going around, training Pokemons' ala beasts and creatures to level up and do 1 on 1 , 2 on 2, and 3 on 3 battles.

Say if it didnt have the past it did, someone could turn it into a cool mmo. 

• NatakeNatake Member Posts: 22
    The online pokémon game is actually called as Ekaiyo Online if i'd spell it right. I know someone in the staff cos shes dutch but shes mean and fast pissed ;D So watch out if you will play the game >_> The game is in development i think still. Or it stopped :D
  • DeviceMDDeviceMD Member Posts: 12
    Haha, a pokemon mmo sounds ridiculous. But I could see it being fun, but not fun enough to PAY for. :P

www.urulive.com

• blybzzerblybzzer Member Posts: 9

I totally agree.. I really don't think that ppl would pay for it.. the 6-10 year olds does not got the money and I doubt that many parrents wants to pay for the game..

blybzzer

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539
    I can't see it turning into a full franchise but possibly a "runescape like" f2p browser MMO? I wouldn't play it but like so many others I used to be a big pokemon fan.

a buddy of mine plays that mmo pokemon, online or whatever.

i tried it, i got owned

U Dont literally walk around or nothing.
    u just build pokemon teams and battle jillions of little p eople onlne

they were good too

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by asupermane

I would play a pokemon mmorpg and I'd imagine a lot of people would tbh - considering the crap thats out atm it would probly be successful

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Originally posted by grimboj

Originally posted by asupermane

I would play a pokemon mmorpg and I'd imagine a lot of people would tbh - considering the crap thats out atm it would probly be successful

this one isnt a 3d mmo, its kind of like imagine online poker or something.lol

but i'd rplly play a 3d pokemon online.

• Thanatosx33Thanatosx33 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Urie

Here you go: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl for the Nintendo DS are set to feature Wi-Fi playability for up to 16 players and even voice chat.
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/711/711641p1.html

Seriously, what colors/ and or precious jewals have they not made a pokemon game out of? They gonna have pokemon black for goths next? Will we control a depressed, emo anti social dude with black lipstick 80 peircings and shops at hot topic? though, dressing like that in fact draws more attention to them...ah, forgot...thats what they want, friggen emos...

Seriously tho, I loved pokemon! I think making an MMO out of it would be kinna fun. It'd be different if nothing else. Heck, Nintendo is known for innovation! You know, that thing that video games lost a long time ago.  I honestly stopped playing pokemon awhile back. I'm older now, and somehow pokemon lives on. I just realized the other day they are still airing new episodes! idk how, but people still watch this stuff? I thought the pokemon generation had done grown up, well at least the earliest generation. I guess theres a new generation of kids?

As far as an mmo tho...it'd be hard to handle, because the target audienc'e age is like what? 10-13? maybe lower? Well, think about it...you couldn't cuss or anything...It'd be hard for older gamers to enjoy I think.

As i said, i think it'd be fun tho.

Don't correct my spelling/and or punctuation throughout this post.

Thank you :P

• lightning560lightning560 Member Posts: 24
    OMG! nintendo is not making this pokemon online game and its going to be called ekaiyo online. (they have legal permission its just that they dont work with nintendo) jeez, if you knew anything about it you would know. I MIGHT play.... for a few days        IF the graphics are good.

You can't hide from the eye...

SHARINGAN!

• lightning560lightning560 Member Posts: 24

There might be another one though( the one you are talknig about)

You can't hide from the eye...

SHARINGAN!

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    Hihi, I would think it funny. I mean kids have to get started early nowadays with games and computers ;)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285

Ehm... Pokémon Online already exists, however it is not finished, but you can download it.

www.pokemonol.net