Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com player reviews

AntiocheAntioche Member UncommonPosts: 132

I found this to be very amusing. Some idiot said DAOC was just an Everquest clone with crappy graphics. I don't know what DAOC he was playing but DAOC with Trials of Atlantis exp pack looks way better than Everquest with it's 7 or 8 expansions. Would be nice to inform these morons of just how stupid their reviews really are. Especially the idiot that said DAOC has no music or sound effects. Maybe you should turn up your volume. Anyway, how about a friendly poll.

My opinion doesn't matter anyway.

It is pathos we lack, and this lack of pathos makes the worlds we explore quite stale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Antioche

Comments

• EvilbillEvilbill Member Posts: 9
    out of those, i think probably eve, but ac2 blows them all away

• AntiocheAntioche Member UncommonPosts: 132
    actually star wars galaxies has the best graphics, but that game sucks so bad I didn't want to include it. AC2 isn't much better.

My opinion doesn't matter anyway.

It is pathos we lack, and this lack of pathos makes the worlds we explore quite stale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Antioche

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77
    I think Horizons graphics take the cake from this list, and the RPg measures up to the graphics, making it a balanced game, and not a graphics show pony. image

• GetafixGetafix Member Posts: 19
    When Dark Age came out it had the best graphics, now Horizons and some others will or have likely surpassed it but one thing's for sure - Dark Age has Waaaaaaaay better graphics than Everquest whose graphics are just as sucky as AC1 except AC1 was a lot more fun to play than Everquest. I actually like the the trend to a more fanciful graphic style like World of Warcraft is bringing out as opposed to trying to get more and more realistic - I don't want realism in a Game - i prefer and nice obviously fantasy environment.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     FFXI's are the best, hands down.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • theektheek Member Posts: 3
    mumm mumm got to love that eye candy. DAoC does have great graphics, but I agree that the new MMO's are looking very nice. But I still believe is that one of the things that make DAoC a GREAT game is the game play. You know that little thing that a look of folks look over in the name of come on now say it with me " eye candy" looks are important, but beauty is always skill deep.... as for the popele that seem to still play EQ... I think they live by the " drink till it looks good" imagemoto. so lets review. eye candy... good. game play...good. beer.... even better. image

• rizeanrizean Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by mobettah
    I think Horizons graphics take the cake from this list, and the RPg measures up to the graphics, making it a balanced game, and not a graphics show pony. image

I've played both and horizons lose hands down with the Trials of Alantis expansion and is on a compareable level with the SI's expansion and beats out the DAoC classic engin but shouldnt it?

Rizean of Iseult 50 SM/RR2/ML5
    Moge of Iseult 50 Warrior/RR2/ML2
    Pomho of Iseult 50 Healer/RR2/ML5

Rizean of Iseult 50 SM/RR3/ML6
    Pomho of Iseult 50 Healer/RR2/ML6
    Koah of Iseult 46 Shaman
    Moge of Iseult 50 Warrior/RR2/ML2