Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In game footage here!!

2»

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    woow thanx for that!

• LockeINDLockeIND Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    Looks good, but I dont like the arcade style combat - kinda button mashing it seems to be.
    From what I've read you use skills which open up the opportunity to use other skills, and it continues on like a chain. I don't see how you could really button mash in that case.

yeah, i agree; korean style button mashing dumbed down to console standards, sounds like a cross between lineage-diablo II-guild wars...

and GW has some nice tactical pvp combat, but it gets old fairly quickly...  it seemed to me that the players were just standing there getting beat on while they used their most powerful specials, i sense 3 move combos over and over...

things like this will continue to happen untill devs make specials do less damage vs an enemy the more times you use it...
  • jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by LockeIND

things like this will continue to happen untill devs make specials do less damage vs an enemy the more times you use it...

Or make them on a timer and situational like in WoW. Example, half of WoW's rogue skills require you to be behind your enemy... and since enemy doesnt like showing u its back, youd have to play around with stuns to land backstab.
    Even the timer alone wouldnt completely solve button mashing effect. Id love to see skills that have some sort of requirements to execute, like be stealthed, be behind the enemy, score a critical hit, dodge etc etc.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• LockeINDLockeIND Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by jimmyman99

Originally posted by LockeIND

Or make them on a timer and situational like in WoW. Example, half of WoW's rogue skills require you to be behind your enemy... and since enemy doesnt like showing u its back, youd have to play around with stuns to land backstab.
    Even the timer alone wouldnt completely solve button mashing effect. Id love to see skills that have some sort of requirements to execute, like be stealthed, be behind the enemy, score a critical hit, dodge etc etc.

I have a concept in my head that crosses SWG, GW, WoW, and SoR.  Its a combo system, that doesnt require timers... (though they could be implemented or ahve the player disiplined not to use them...)  if there was a combo system that forced players to choose different specials to use depending on what was used before, it would be the best evolving combat system around.  for instance you could do a finishing move at any time, but if it did enough damage to kill a player it would do 10 damage... but if the player had 11 life left it would only do 3 damage as it didnt finish, if the special finish was used a second time it would do a amax of 7 damage...  or maybe the damage would be reduced to half for a certain time.  that would stop mashing...

so every time u used a special it would unlock a seriers of specials that could be chosen from, so every attack situation would change.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    WoW has this implemented, except they have it mixed up with timers. I realy loved WoW's combat style. EQ2 has similar combat, but they also have heroics which more what you are descibing LockeIND.

I hope games will have a similar system becuase combat that doesnt require tactics and strategy is just boring

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• b3g0rb3g0r Member Posts: 32
    They also said that u can pvp while flying :P

anyone knows somethin about that if this is true ?

yes or not i ll try that game for sure and i hope that there ll be no farmers that will PLVL chars and etc

i was a big fan of lineage2 till i saw this things like 2 months players hiting 77 3rd class with full a grade weaps & armors also S grade  ..... FFS LAMERS

Keep it real and see u in AION

• DisturbingDisturbing Member Posts: 25
    They said that you can only use flying for transportation.  Flying WILL have more abilities which will not be realeased for a while. (So they plan on increasing flying abilities to do more but for now only transportation)
    This source is 100% true information from a translated chineese site :)

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    graphics look amazing.