Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE online?

i was wanting to try out EVE online, someone said they have a free trial but i don't see where i can get it, anyone know,  i was wanting to try out the game before i buy, had a few games where i bought and now i don't play them.  i don't see an option to contact the support either, thanks

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Probably best to ask about this in the eve forum :)
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

http://www.mmorpg.com/eve_trial.cfm

Google is a wonderful thing.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Originally posted by rakabil
    i was wanting to try out EVE online, someone said they have a free trial but i don't see where i can get it, anyone know,  i was wanting to try out the game before i buy, had a few games where i bought and now i don't play them.  i don't see an option to contact the support either, thanks

the trial isnt much fun. The best way to approach EVE is to open an account and train all your learning skills to max for the first 2 months, dont even bother playing it.

The beginning of the EVE journey is a slow one, and to get good ships and upgrades you need lots of skill points, which will come a lot faster if you train up w/o actually playing until theyre all maxxed.

Trust me, its the way to go, people even sell characters on ebay with all the learning skills learned.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Arcken

Originally posted by rakabil

dont even bother playing it

Well atleast you got that bit right. Eve is a game where when you are playing it - youre not playing it. Its a really boring point & click although the graphics are nice enough to amuse you for the trial. After the trial you will start to notice the lack of any objectives or content but you will persist playing anyway, bullied by obscene claims that 'only wow players dont understand eve'. I played my character to 5mil skill points with a tier 2 mining barge & a tier 1 battle ship and joined a very successful alliance with regular pvp to realise something I could have realised on the 13th day of the trial - there is nothing to do in eve that isnt boring.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278
    So instead of forming crude words and sounds with your rectum and being altogether unpleasant, why not let the guy just try it?

• AranStormahAranStormah Member Posts: 278
    Read up on the stickied trial piracy guide in the eve section of the forums. It's your best shot at getting a decent taste of action during your trial.
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by magik_fx
    So instead of forming crude words and sounds with your rectum and being altogether unpleasant, why not let the guy just try it?

Just re-acting to the usual eve fanboi claim - "You must give ccp lots of money before you know if you like eve"

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by grimboj

Just re-acting to the usual eve fanboi claim - "You must give ccp lots of money before you know if you like eve"

No, you're doing the same thing the eve fanboys do, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Why not let the guy try it for free and see for
    himself. I'm pretty sure he'll know if he likes it sooner than you will.
  • DarkentwoDarkentwo Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by grimboj

Wow super-troll...by your staggering logic, anyone who plays eve must be a fanboi. Thats really original, did you think that up all by yourself?