Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online,jobs(All here)

7 Classes: Captain, Hunter, Burglar, Guardian, Minstrel, Lore-Master, Champion  

4 races: Dwarf, Hobbit, Man, Elf      

For more information about the races, click http://lotro.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=73

Available to: Man, Elf, Dwarf                          CHAMPION

A true master of arms, the Champion excels at combat, focusing on little other than destroying his foes. The Champion's whirling blades can strike fear into the heart of even the foulest orc, cutting down swaths of their numbers at once. While a Champion's training and armor grants him some survivability, it is not his focus, and a Champion can quickly find himself in trouble when facing several foes on his own.

The Champion will be the class of choice for players that enjoy fast-paced combat with multiple options available at any given moment. Champions can use various weapon styles, but focus on using two weapons simultaneously. With their active play-style Champions are able to consistently cause large amounts of damage to both single and multiple opponents in combat. Their style of combat revolves around the idea that the best defense is a good offense.

Available to: Man, Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit        ARCHER

Woodsman, pathfinder, and master of the bow, the keen-eyed Hunter can use her arrows to devastating effect from a distance. Archery is not the only thing the Hunter excels at, for she can lead her companions through the forest at greater speed than they could on their own, and can set up traps to ambush enemies. The archer is no close-quarters fighter, however, and would generally rather let her bow do the work than resort to her sword.

The Hunter will be the class of choice for players who enjoy striking a target at range.  Clever by nature, the Hunter is known to lure her targets into traps to hinder them, giving her time to use her bow to deadly effect.  A Hunter's knowledge of nature also provides skills that help her and her fellows survive in the wild.  A Hunter's combat style depends on her ability to injure others while staying out of harm's way.

Available to: Man, Hobbit                           BURGLAR

A stealthy trickster, the Burglar can dart in and out of the shadows to befuddle, weaken, or damage foes. An unexpected strike from behind by a burglar can stun or trip enemies, allowing others in her party to combine their efforts for a devastating attack. Unassuming on her own, a burglar would be wise to not be caught alone.

The Burglar will be the class of choice for players that enjoy using cunning and tricks to defeat their opponents. Using concealment, a Burglar can strike from the shadows, taking her opponents unawares. With her wit, a Burglar can show her allies where a foe's weakness lies -- or trap someone in a riddle.  A Burglar's combat style hinges on her ability to outmaneuver and outwit her opponents while hitting them where it hurts.

Available to: Man, Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit        GUARDIAN

A doughty fighter and protector of the weak, a skilled Guardian can face even the toughest foes and survive. The Guardian is one of the few classes willing and able to try to draw more blows onto themselves, so they can retaliate with devastating maneuvers in response.

The Guardian will be the class of choice for players that enjoy drawing the attention of their foes in combat and taking advantage of their missteps. Masters of the defensive arts, Guardians use taxing attacks and irksome taunts to draw and hold opponents' attention, relying on their shield and weapon to turn aside incoming attacks with blocks and parries.  A Guardian's combat style depends on creating openings during an opponent's attack to provide the opportunity for their own counterattack. 

Available to: Man, Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit       MINSTREL

With song and tale, a Minstrel brings hope to places thick with gloom. He can inspire those with desperate minds and heavy hearts to great deeds. In battle, he can turn the tide with songs that strengthen his allies and dirges which strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.

The Minstrel will be the class of choice for players who want to aid their friends, inspiring them to keep going through the darkest of times. With a vast repertoire of tales both fair and foul, a Minstrel restores the morale of his fellows, as well as causing his enemies to despair. Though able to wield weapons, he prefers to let his words, rather than his sword, speak for him. A Minstrel's style of combat is based on maintaining hope no matter what the odds.

Available to: Man                                 CAPTAIN

Bearing her banner into battle, a Captain provides hope and leadership to her fellows, inspiring them to greater deeds. A skilled Captain can rally a party back from the brink of defeat, or seal a victory against many foes. While a Captain is a respected fighter on her own accord, she is primarily driven by her powerful sense of leadership to those fighting around her.

The Captain will be the class of choice for players who enjoy supporting their fellows while participating in melee combat. With her unique ability to plant banners to increase the battle prowess of those near them, the Captain helps to define where a fight will happen. Her battle cries allow her to take advantage of certain events in combat to aid the morale or combat ability of her fellows. A Captain's style of combat focuses on inspiring those around her to glory.

Available to: Man, Elf                        LORE-MASTER

A keeper of ancient lore and otherwise lost knowledge, the Lore-master uses his knowledge of the lesser and greater powers of the world around him to stave off the advances of the shadow for a time, and to treat the wounds and suffering of his companions. In dire need he can use this knowledge to hurt his foes; but this task being extremely difficult, a wise Lore-master would rarely attempt it.

The Lore-master will be the class of choice for the player that enjoys using the power of ancient lore to aid their allies and hinder their foes. Steeped in the histories of Middle-earth Lore-masters are able to aid their fellows in recovering from maladies caused by the forces of the Dark Lord. They can also use their knowledge to daze, harm, or hinder their enemies, as well as give of themselves to strengthen another. Some Lore-masters are even said to be able to communicate with animals and request their aid. A Lore-master's combat style is anchored in the power of knowledge and using it intelligently to defeat evil.

Creatures of Middle-earth: Neekerbreekers

Throughout Middle-earth there are many forms of insect; some mere annoyances, others more dangerous, and some that are a mystery rarely, if ever, seen. Neekerbreekers once fell into the last category. For ages, they were merely a distracting noise in the dark corners of the Midgewater Marshes, but recently a shadow has passed through Bree-land, and they have become more aggressive and begun to swarm.

Neekerbreekers

Click on this picture for larger image.

In The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, many different varieties of this insect can be found across Eriador, known by different names: the relatively placid Neekerbreeker resides in the marshes of Bree-land, while the fiercer Norbog populates the crags of the Ered Luin and elsewhere. This is only one of many creatures first seen – or in this case, heard – in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings that players will encounter in The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar.

Neekerbreekers

Click on this picture for larger image.

For more information about the website, click http://lotro.turbine.com/

Comments

• SycondamanSycondaman Member Posts: 262
    So is there going to be any wizard-like class ?

• archroidarchroid Member Posts: 46

I think that woud probably have to go with lore-master.I checked on the website and I dont think any more classes would be available....>.<    I  think those classes are their final decision and we cant change it ;(

*PS*:The classes, the people they look kinda ugly, dont u think??lol

Lore-master looks like Bruce Willis..lol  

Yeah, I read about one of the interviews and they said they do not intend for any wizard-style class.  The lore-master is purely a healer with some debuffing abilities.  They said it doesn't fit with the lore because there were only 5 wizards on Middle-Earth, so it wouldn't do to have thousands running around.

Lets call lore-master a.k.a. BruceWillis   rofl

I get what u r saying.But they should at least put orcs as one of the races..that would be cool

<<<<<orc lol

I dont know much about lord of the rings.I only watched the last episode of it and i thought that it was a cool movie.This game rocks coz its free with great gameplay. What class would u want to be?? 

For me...i think of it later

I don't know.. I mean I'll try the game because I'm a fan of LotR.  But I don't think that it can be a powerful MMO since the storyline is so locked in place.  That's the problem with creating MMOs from popular books and/or movies.  But yeah :P Being able to play the bad guys would make this waay more interesting.  The problem is (lore-wise... they're building every aspect on lore, mostly to avoid legal issues and some to satisfy fanbois) that while the good races had many characters exceptionally powerful on their own, the evil races had power mostly in numbers.  Think about it, there were millions and millions of orcs at Sauron's command as well as other forces, but on their own, any orc would be beaten by just about any human, elf, dwarf, and even a few hobbits.  The only real exception is the Uru-kai (sp?).

Originally posted by archroid

I dont know much about lord of the rings.I only watched the last episode of it and i thought that it was a cool movie.This game rocks coz its free with great gameplay. What class would u want to be?? 
    For me...i think of it later

I'd probably want to try a Captain, but all classes look interesting to me.  Usually I'm a caster, but the loremaster will doubtful be able to solo.
  • Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

I thought Elves had magic... didnt that chick (Aerosmith's daughter) do some kinda of magic in the first or second movie?

The screenshots dont look very attractive to me, they seem , I dont know , just dont appeal much to me. I might try it, but I like Summoning , pets and magic in my games.

When does this game come out for beta can any of u guys help me find out.IM not a very good searcher in finding out when it develops so pls do me the favour    =)

Lets wait till the fansite comes out and we will try to look for the skills of each and every job.Then it would be easier for us to decide which class we would want to be.

Feel free to share your opinions to me.   :]

Originally posted by Azure77

I thought Elves had magic... didnt that chick (Aerosmith's daughter) do some kinda of magic in the first or second movie?
           The screenshots dont look very attractive to me, they seem , I dont know , just dont appeal much to me. I might try it, but I like Summoning , pets and magic in my games.

That's what I was thinking.  The elves have a unique kind of magic that's comparable to that Bombadil guy.  But even if that did become a "class" their magic was nothing like what Gandalf could do.  It was much more nature oriented and purely defensive or just fun, not offensive.