Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great adventures

WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

Will i find in this game great Adventures like alien envasions that we need to do raids to kill the big alien boss on his space ship?

How is the population on europien servers?

Wath do you do at end game wen you are not pvping?

Thx for your replys

Comments

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    Yes and no. There is an alien invasion storyline and a zone with a crashed spaceship, but it's all pretty static.

The end game is mostly PvP or finishing up story arcs. There's only one raid encounter in the game at this time.

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

Wath do you do in that raid?

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Its called Hamidon.  A large foe that takes around 75+ people to defeat, taking around 2 hours.  The reward is a special enhancment that affects two aspects of a power per slot as opposed to one for the normal enhancements.  It used to be a daily occurence(at least for me around 7pm Pacific time) but since Issue 7 some things have changed so it is not as frequent as it used to be.  Also, more people are probably trying to figure out the equivalent on the CoV side, which is not really raid content(its a series of missions for one team, a strike force) but the reward is similar as is the time commitment(if you are really good).
  • TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    It takes roughly 100 heroes to take down a floating blob and its many smaller blobs. It's challenging, but not impossible, and well done in that it takes the coordinated efforts of every hero present. Unfortunately the floating sparkly blobs aren't much to look at. I'd have preferred a giant robot or a galactus-sized bad guy. There is a story to the blob, something about trying to take over the world with plant people or some such thing (I never paid much attention to the stories).

• jaytravisjaytravis Member Posts: 10

Here's an overview of how the game works, which I think answers most of your questions (I can't answer anything about the European servers):

During the course of the game you will receive various "Contacts" who each provide a series of Missions, usually themed around one or two of the villain factions. These missions, for the most part, take place in Instanced Maps (a single mission can be beaten in under 30 minutes). Some of these missions are completely stand alone, while others are part of a "Story Arc", which are all part of a series of linked missions. Sometimes the final mission or two in a Story Arc will feature a big boss.

There are also Task Forces, which require groups to play, at various levels. Task Forces usually take 4+ hours to complete and must generally be done in one sitting. Task Forces almost always end in a big boss fight.

Several of the missions, story arcs, and task forces are concerned with alien invaders. To my knowledge, I don't think you go onto their ships per se, but there are a few "high-tech laboratory" maps that look kind of like the interiors of alien vessels (or at least the "Death Star").

There is also a "Crash Zone" which is an outdoor, non-instanced map which features a large crashed space-craft and numerous, re-spawning aliens to fight.

END GAME:

The end-game of CoH is sadly rather skimpy. You can fight, as described in posts above, "Hamidon", the giant non-moving blob thing, which some people enjoy, but I found more tedious and boring than anything.

Or there's PvP, which takes place only in PvP zones. Because the game was never originally designed with PvP in mind, there are some (in my opinion) problems with the way it's been implemented.

Really, if you play CoH, the journey up to level 50 *is* the point of the game. The end-game is basically non-existent.