Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Died when

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Everyone in my guild used to get annoyed because I refered to Oggat and Ioci as 3rd party. They weren't me, they were my digital buddies. My toys, sidekicks, whatever.

The day of CU, I logged. Oggat first and I got the naked Oggat and a respec screen. It wasn't him. It sort of looked like him but it wasn't him. It never was again. Respec after respec, he was digits.

The day I left NGE, I had a vendor in one of Ioci's houses. It had millions of uber resources, 5 times as much grind ones, clears, vet rewards, pearls, elite weaps, ca's, aa's, all the leftover BE components on Ahazi. (that I purchased the day of NGE release) everything under the many SWG suns. I deleted the vendor, deleted the house, logged and deleted the images of Oggat and Ioci. They died and SWG died too.

The last straw came when our guild leader, Draroo had his toon scorched by one of the 'strategic damage' changes that made him obselete. Draroo used to live to update swgcraft. I see he isn't doing it anymore. They took a year to obliterate their playerbase, trying to absorb the damage, hoping they could off set it with new blood. The grass was greener on the other side. Greener now because of a 250K exodus from SWG.

Don't know what you are doing now, Draroo but I know what that kick in the face felt like when your wookie was made into a rug. Oggat and Ioci were the same. Cheap imitations of what they were. Ignore this SOE and LAE. I'm just another stoopid gamer who doesn't understand the complexity of business.

Comments

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by free2play

The day I left NGE, I had a vendor in one of Ioci's houses. It had millions of uber resources, 5 times as much grind ones, clears, vet rewards, pearls, elite weaps, ca's, aa's, all the leftover BE components on Ahazi. (that I purchased the day of NGE release) everything under the many SWG suns. I deleted the vendor, deleted the house, logged and deleted the images of Oggat and Ioci. They died and SWG died too.

Sounds like when I allowed Bradshaw of Ahazi to die for the final time (a few days into the NGE).  Tears in my eyes, I typed in "delete bradshaw lightyear" in the confirmation window.  He may not have been the most influential character of all time on Ahazi, but Bradshaw made a great posterboy for the pre-CU era and all that made it great.

He was a newbie helper, organizer of groups, fearless warrior, talented crafter, patient teacher, generous friend.  SOE decided to trade in 250,000 Bradshaws for 6 million drooling, self-centered, whiny brats that can't even pay their own subscription.  I am so happy that 5.9 million of them obviously said no thanks.  It serves SOE right.

No thread mentioning Bradshaw is complete without mentioning his sidekick Babacca, the best friend one could have.  Or Jenlest, a classy young woman who taught Bradshaw much about tenacity and devotion.  Good friends...digital or not, they are and will be missed.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• KylrathinKylrathin Member Posts: 426
    This thread is really entirely too depressing to respond to with any details.  I guess the only thing I have to add is it took a long time for the Jedi to return after the Sith had their revenge.  But there was light at the end of that tunnel, and I believe there is light at the end of this one.

Expect more updates.

There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum

• GloomingGlooming Member Posts: 1

Loming Doom, here was in beta and had played from the begining but could not bare the sad day after CU and have been back twice in hope they will get the message and fix what they destroyed. I hope the light at the end of tuunel is not a train. 

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941
    After testing the NGE alot on the test center and talking to my friends I knew I wouldn't be sticking with the game past the NGE going live. So my last log in was on the day before it did and I loged off in my house. Left the character still alive on their database as whatever they store non convereted Pre NGE characters as. Didn't really feel like tiding myself up for them.

• Feliis-FOADFeliis-FOAD Member Posts: 38
    SWG died 4/27/2005

The event of 11/15/2005 just kicked over the traces of what was left.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Hipiap Flyingdust: Elder Ranger/Elder Carbineer/Elder BH/Elder Artisan/Elder Politician/Elder Medic/Elder Marksman/Elder Rifleman; jedi village 444441; Intrepid; 19 Master Badges; Master Spy.

Myrian Flyingdust: Master Entertainer; Intrepid

Harlan Flyingdust: Master Dancer/Master Musician/Master ID/Master Entertainer; Pre-Pub 28; Intrepid

Teekie: Elder Artisan/Elder Dancer; Lowca

All cancelled

*edit*

I mastered every NGE profession excluding Medic via the use of Respec kits (the old ADK's), not my respec tool.  Deleted my respec tool after deciding on Spy.  RIS quest completed on 1-1-06

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    swg died when the first jedi unlocked, and was revived when they were nerfed into a starting profession.

• Blaze323232Blaze323232 Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by pirrg
    swg died when the first jedi unlocked, and was revived when they were nerfed into a starting profession.

i ought to smack u upside the head....if u've ever played that game for more than 2 minutes u'd know what u said was really dumb...

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Dritzz Darkwood of the Galaxy Corbantis died a horrible and lonely death when suddenly millions of his patients screamed out in agony and left him an empty waiting room...

Now he is a digital ghost and I will always treasure his memory and the hundreds of people he treated/buffed/helped...

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    SWG died on the first Bounty hunter nerf

Squal'Zell (Master Bounty Hunter) died 2 days later when a master dancer/TKM (terakasi master for those who do not remember) killed me before i got 1 shot on him.

what can i say that dancer had more defence than a master bounty hunter...

i kept playing for a while longer but the BH nerfs came to be a common thing every single update

i was to a point where i was saying "ok what did they nerf this time...."

then came the famous line i will never forget... that does make no sence at all...

" we would like to keep jedi rare to keep the storyline in the starwars universe, therefore lets give every one a jedi character."

to me SWG is dead but at the begining when there was at the most 1-2 jedi per servers, a master bounty hunter was feared in solo 1-1 PvP but had problems in group fights, where they actually had a chance of killing the jedi like their role in the SWuniverse, that was a perfect game, better built than any other MMO. it was a revolution.

to bad they failed and changed everything
    maybe they should have listened to the MANY MANY sugestions that became frustrations that became flames that became 250 000 canceled acounts.

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by Squal'Zell
    SWG died on the first Bounty hunter nerf

Squal'Zell (Master Bounty Hunter) died 2 days later when a master dancer/TKM (terakasi master for those who do not remember) killed me before i got 1 shot on him.

what can i say that dancer had more defence than a master bounty hunter...

i kept playing for a while longer but the BH nerfs came to be a common thing every single update

i was to a point where i was saying "ok what did they nerf this time...."

then came the famous line i will never forget... that does make no sence at all...

" we would like to keep jedi rare to keep the storyline in the starwars universe, therefore lets give every one a jedi character."

to me SWG is dead but at the begining when there was at the most 1-2 jedi per servers, a master bounty hunter was feared in solo 1-1 PvP but had problems in group fights, where they actually had a chance of killing the jedi like their role in the SWuniverse, that was a perfect game, better built than any other MMO. it was a revolution.

to bad they failed and changed everything
    maybe they should have listened to the MANY MANY sugestions that became frustrations that became flames that became 250 000 canceled acounts.

I don't believe it is the BH role to hunt Jedi like you said. Maybe in the SWG Universe, but not the real SW Universe, which is what SWG is supposed to live up to. In my opinion BH should be better than any other fighter and should have taken longer to Master or even should have been unlockable like Jedi. But Jedi should always be more powerful, because they are in the real SW Universe.

Originally posted by nthnaounI don't believe it is the BH role to hunt Jedi like you said. Maybe in the SWG Universe, but not the real SW Universe, which is what SWG is supposed to live up to. In my opinion BH should be better than any other fighter and should have taken longer to Master or even should have been unlockable like Jedi. But Jedi should always be more powerful, because they are in the real SW Universe.

remember in EP3 when master jedi got killed by a few clonetroopers. so not really they are not the most powerfull in the real SW universe

Originally posted by Blaze323232

i ought to smack u upside the head....if u've ever played that game for more than 2 minutes u'd know what u said was really dumb...

Played the game since october of 2003, now if youll excuse me im off to enjoy my jedi that took me a total of 10 seconds to acquire.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

ROfl -- Your no doubt in my mind clueless.

This is a statement from a player that has not played since launch and or is now a freebee Jedi.

And man does this stand out.

I swear I just laughed more at this one...

Played the game since october of 2003, now if youll excuse me im off to enjoy my jedi that took me a total of 10 seconds to acquire.

nevermind my statement -- you proved it lol.

It is sad, you have no idea what effort meant or is.   But on the flip side I am glad you did not get a real in game Jedi the way it was meant to be, you DO FIT the freebee Jedi type much better then one that earned it.

Lol, do me a favor though -- PLEASE attend a summit meeting and tell everyone there your a freebee Jedi...LOL

(Just watch out lol)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by iskareot

It is sad, you have no idea what effort meant or is.   But on the flip side I am glad you did not get a real in game Jedi the way it was meant to be, you DO FIT the freebee Jedi type much better then one that earned it.

Lol, do me a favor though -- PLEASE attend a summit meeting and tell everyone there your a freebee Jedi...LOL

(Just watch out lol)

He must have been the guy who started this thread titled " Cannot wait for my uber 80 jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " right before the NGE. He later changed it to "Poopy poop" out of embarrassment of making an ass of himself. Sounds like him. Read and laugh http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=npe_discussion&message.id=96558&query.id=28648#M96558

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

iskareot, well said.
    a true jedi is one who sat down
    and grinded 3 hiden master professions
    or
    Grinded all master professions
    or
    did the trials (3week rotation quests)

and even more those who worked with their new padawans to get 1 million xp just to get 1 box
    (i dont remember the exact number of xp you needed to get master padawan. i believe it was 2.7 billion?)
    oh and to add to that jedi get 1/3 of  the xp that a regular char would get.

i know of a jedi knight who got his jedi at the master all professions stage and kept his crystals and saber. now he has a uber saber that no 10 second jedi can ever dream of crafting (its actually not possible anymore to craft a saber that strong)

question: did they reset all characters + skills + items when the new system (10 second jedi system) was inserted?

and no that jedi knight was not me. i have no such patience nor time to do that kind of marathon.

• WufaWufa Member Posts: 132
    Well I guess I'll add mine, I was in Omen on Lowca, not sure if any of you played on Lowca or not but there it is. We were a large guild 100+ members the day before CU launched. The day CU went live there was my beloved Character Wufa. 1 box from unlockign through the village, and there he sat on Dathomir, unable to move because of his stats, and he was never the same. I played untill NGE Launched, and by september before that my 100+ person guild was down to 10 people, we had to move our city, because of all the old homes of our previous guildmates. Then we joined another large guild and the day before NGE launched they were down to 10 people, and well the NGE sucked so I killed my character and then seeked refuge here with the rest of us outcasts.

Because SOE doesn't care about it's customers it wants the large score, too bad it just can't listen.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Feliis-FOAD
    SWG died 4/27/2005

The event of 11/15/2005 just kicked over the traces of what was left.

I'd have said "Defiled the corpse" but otherwise I'd agree.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by tillamook

(Just watch out lol)

He must have been the guy who started this thread titled " Cannot wait for my uber 80 jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " right before the NGE. He later changed it to "Poopy poop" out of embarrassment of making an ass of himself. Sounds like him. Read and laugh http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=npe_discussion&message.id=96558&query.id=28648#M96558

my forum name is Pirrg-Freemoon, feel free to search for it and check out my posts. <3

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

(Just watch out lol)

my forum name is Pirrg-Freemoon, feel free to search for it and check out my posts. <3

Yeah I know who you are, you complained about wanting elder robes, which no one has given you yet. As far as I'm concerned you could have been that guy screaming about getting his uber Jedi. Either way you never got to experience the days when Jedi had more abilities and people were happy to have you in a group because you could heal them while tanking something, or you could do tons of damage while taking little. Now you get to play the "light" version of Jedi. Really I consider it like playing a Jedi mod. Only a skin, but at its core like all the rest.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

(Just watch out lol)

Rofl wrong shows what you know.... but nice try.

Beta 2 player --- unlocked on 22 first guy I helped we did it on prof 8 when it took time and effort to figure it out.   Now then after I unlocked -- I then did all of the professions, some up to 4 times and then some, after I obtained 141 badges, ran my guild and city -- I also have been part of all the betas in the game up until the NGE --- Now, I will also add that I earned my Jedi and hid -- I HID like we were supposed to, I played and enjoyed and supported the hard system.   Risk vs Reward was worth it -- I loved perma death, I loved skill loss -- I loved being hunted by 20 people as well.

Do not ever once think I showed off, or used my Jedi Knight in any fight club or abuse type fasion, I am known for fighting alone until dead no matter my risk or loss.  I did not run (only in circles around BHs) and by all means knew what it took and how to apriciate the effort needed to be a Jedi in the old system from effort to the loss factor.

I have been hunted by the best won some lost some, enjoyed and did it with decent honor -- there was alot of people may be a few left there that know this trust me.   You picked the wrong Jedi to think I was ever wanting to be Uber --- I was well rounded with him in battle and enjoyed it though.  But in never ceases to amaze me that I can still find some people that would NOT have fit as a Jedi back then...  sometimes they make themselves present in posts to this day lol.

So before you open your mouth kid you need to know a few things from my history on Bria as a decent rebel and fighter with nothing but enjoying the complex system.

The word Uber and Jedi never came from my mouth sport..

iskareot, well said.
    or
    or

and even more those who worked with their new padawans to get 1 million xp just to get 1 box
    (i dont remember the exact number of xp you needed to get master padawan. i believe it was 2.7 billion?)
    oh and to add to that jedi get 1/3 of  the xp that a regular char would get.

i know of a jedi knight who got his jedi at the master all professions stage and kept his crystals and saber. now he has a uber saber that no 10 second jedi can ever dream of crafting (its actually not possible anymore to craft a saber that strong)

question: did they reset all characters + skills + items when the new system (10 second jedi system) was inserted?

and no that jedi knight was not me. i have no such patience nor time to do that kind of marathon.

It was more then that as far as the grind went --- See what people forget is the risk part, they remember or talk about what it took them -- BUT they forget to tell you about what it took to make in that system.

From the times when you made a saber and there was a chance for a CRIT fail, but what you did not know is that when you did have a CRIT FAIL you lost the entire saber and it's contents.... so that you know Pearls WERE by all means not easy to get at all, rare drops and hard to get.   They cost a pretty credit back then so you had to fund it -- BUT you had to be careful of how or whom you got the Pearl from BECAUSE then BH's could also hunt you and kill you , causing you to lose major progress or even a LIFE which by the way did suck BUT THAT WAS THE SYSTEM.   ----

Just a simple thing as a saber would cost (back then this was alot) 20 mill easy at 3rd or 4th gen -- back when it was harder to get creds and it would also draw attention, when you did NOT want it.

But this is just one aspect, there is so many from server crashes to traveling issues that made the (grind perse) more then just that.  It was harder... much harder.   I was a supporter of keeping it that way.   By all means not easy.   IT game purpose and a goal for some.   It also supported the email that was sent to us unlockers that it would be hard and kept rare as a constant goal.  (This of course was before the Holocron days from Hell) --- then it got stupid... but we all know how that ended up.  The xp BY the way at the time was more like 1/4 of the XP -- again with risk involved.

Imagine only being able to die 3 times --- lol for like ten days at a time (due to the fact we did not know the decay on the deaths at first) -- lol  good times though.

(Just watch out lol)

Lol After seeing some of your posts, I will now refrain and just say -- "Yep, you are a NGE Jedi ,that is for sure" -- good luck with that lol.

• duggoduggo Member Posts: 387

iskareot, well said.
    or
    or

Honestly, there have never been true Jedi in this game, they've always been very loose charactures of what we see in the movies/stories.  The ranking of some Jedi over others smacks of people trying to convince themselves that all the time they spent grinding translates into something of worth.

Kudos on unlocking and grinding out an alpha-class toon, but they were no more "True Jedi" than the current class.

Just sayin',

-d

Waiting on: Pirates of the Burning Sea and Pirates of the Carribean Online