Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about the pvp / pve

i was pretty pumped about hearing it announced to be in the game, but now that i think of it they are kinda making a big mistake because thier is no evil faction.  

alot of players misunderstand the term "pvp"  by thinkin it is a shire gank fest. nobody wants this.

the players who want pvp want factionized Team pvp.  Good vs Evil, they want to raid cities, create an  immersion with other players in this fantasy world.  they want it skill based. no click click dumbed down WoW shit.
nobody wants to corpse camp, maybe the people who want to play rogue burglars....

but anyways guys im trying to say to little to late the PvE crew already won because WARhammer online is coming out and has the Good Vs Evil team pvp everyone wants so thats most likely going to be more popular pvp wise

this game could have been the greatest but i dunno ive played WoW 2 years+ now and it seems to me everyone is sick and tired of LOOT grinding.   aka  run a zone 50 times to get gear, then they release a newer better zone aka timesink ya.  raise lvl cap extra.....  i dunt kno i feel mMos are evolving into much more pvp oriented. you kno why?  who wants to raid for 5-6 hours a couple times a week when u can pvp for 30 minutes to whenever and have no time dedication to the game. pvp = more casual friendly then PVE.

the players who like PVE do this,  MON, THURS, SUN   will be raid nights. 3 different instances or whatever.
but now the remaining time tues, wed, sat, fri  ect ect... they have nothing to do. maybe farm gold. or help lowbies out.  wtf is that whats the point of geting geared up? i never could understand this, raiding a zone is fun for the first 3-5 times but after that it becomes so bland repitive and boring, and theyre is no way devs can keep up by releasing new zones so fast.  specially when restricted to new content design and idears due to LOTR.

in short,   PVE raids a couple times a week,  the real time sink should be in TEAM PvP, as long as they make a good reward system.  but of course team pvp will be stupid at launce and wont exist due to my whole argument no "main enemy threat" other players dont have a choice they have to be allianced faction.
dont give me that bullshit about how "orcs dont have free will" or ect ect  thats such an excuse.

late night thoughs with me :D peace

Comments

• Talryn_Talryn_ Member Posts: 2
    Well I would have to say I am more excited about the PvE then the PvP but I still most likly will play it and don't judge it until you play it. Plus they haven't really given us much detail about PvP and they already said no raids which I for one am thankeful for. I am extreamly tired of WoW. It is a game for children in my mind.
  • IbacaiIbacai Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by nyquil
    i was pretty pumped about hearing it announced to be in the game, but now that i think of it they are kinda making a big mistake because thier is no evil faction.  

alot of players misunderstand the term "pvp"  by thinkin it is a shire gank fest. nobody wants this.

the players who want pvp want factionized Team pvp.  Good vs Evil, they want to raid cities, create an  immersion with other players in this fantasy world.  they want it skill based. no click click dumbed down WoW shit.
    nobody wants to corpse camp, maybe the people who want to play rogue burglars....

but anyways guys im trying to say to little to late the PvE crew already won because WARhammer online is coming out and has the Good Vs Evil team pvp everyone wants so thats most likely going to be more popular pvp wise

this game could have been the greatest but i dunno ive played WoW 2 years+ now and it seems to me everyone is sick and tired of LOOT grinding.   aka  run a zone 50 times to get gear, then they release a newer better zone aka timesink ya.  raise lvl cap extra.....  i dunt kno i feel mMos are evolving into much more pvp oriented. you kno why?  who wants to raid for 5-6 hours a couple times a week when u can pvp for 30 minutes to whenever and have no time dedication to the game. pvp = more casual friendly then PVE.

the players who like PVE do this,  MON, THURS, SUN   will be raid nights. 3 different instances or whatever.
    but now the remaining time tues, wed, sat, fri  ect ect... they have nothing to do. maybe farm gold. or help lowbies out.  wtf is that whats the point of geting geared up? i never could understand this, raiding a zone is fun for the first 3-5 times but after that it becomes so bland repitive and boring, and theyre is no way devs can keep up by releasing new zones so fast.  specially when restricted to new content design and idears due to LOTR.

in short,   PVE raids a couple times a week,  the real time sink should be in TEAM PvP, as long as they make a good reward system.  but of course team pvp will be stupid at launce and wont exist due to my whole argument no "main enemy threat" other players dont have a choice they have to be allianced faction.
    dont give me that bullshit about how "orcs dont have free will" or ect ect  thats such an excuse.

late night thoughs with me :D peace

Good news, there are no raids in LotRO. Well, at launch that is and with no intention of putting them in later. So we'll be getting a much more indepth story driven PvE experience.

Bad news, I disagree with your views on PvP with the LotR basis. And seeing as you don't want to hear the "bullshit" , I'll leave it at that.
  • millbromillbro Member Posts: 71
    Isnt Lotr all about war? and fighting evil? What if you want too be on the evil side? i think there missing out on half the player base.. bc i like too be evil chars in most mmo's i roll play like that.. This game could have a awesome pvp system.. can take over towns and such .. would be awsome but looks like its mostly going too be another pve grind fest for items.. who cares about items seriously.. thats all WoW is about and its not a good thing.. you need too have somthing else besides just getting better items.. like trying too take land and kill all humans or somthing like that..
  • IbacaiIbacai Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by millbro
    Isnt Lotr all about war? and fighting evil? What if you want too be on the evil side? i think there missing out on half the player base.. bc i like too be evil chars in most mmo's i roll play like that.. This game could have a awesome pvp system.. can take over towns and such .. would be awsome but looks like its mostly going too be another pve grind fest for items.. who cares about items seriously.. thats all WoW is about and its not a good thing.. you need too have somthing else besides just getting better items.. like trying too take land and kill all humans or somthing like that..

LotRO does not equal WoW. Just because it doesn't have more then one faction doesn't mean it's going to be an item grind. Sorry this won't be the game for you.
  • millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Ibacai

LotRO does not equal WoW. Just because it doesn't have more then one faction doesn't mean it's going to be an item grind. Sorry this won't be the game for you.

Ok so its a item grind or not? bc i hate WoW, it sux.. but your right if i cant choose too be evil or good.. then it prob isnt the game for me.. i like too have more then 1 road too travel
  • nyquilnyquil Member Posts: 97

i have to agree with ya.  they are missing a huge player base.  i like the idear or private instances for pve so players can participate with gandalf and a more story driven pve experience, but you need something on the side.  now a days its all about variety.  id love to run a 1 hour long instance then gather a coupole friends and raid a rohan town, role playing as an orc.

but lets not forget these are companies and what do companies want? to make money. 
    the mmo genre is really lacking passion because they want to create that fast cookie cutter successfull mmo AKA like everquest, now obviously like WoW. hence why so many new MMos are exactly the same, same feel, play and features...... no uniqueness because companies dont want to take a gamble.

well unfortunately by bad planning and DEVS, this game is not going to be the best.   with a story and depth that comes with LOTR they missed out.  but they can still make up for it with a  isenguard expansion, then later a mordor one.   im a fan of pve and pvp at both so ill prob still play this game without the dream pvp. but im hoping down the road they will expand to allow evil characters. then eventually add PVP raids.

and btw to prevent high lvl evil characters campin a lowbi zone like the shire all the devs have to do is make tower blockade points.   aka a tower that will 2-3 hit ne high lvl toon.  ect ect. because realistical even if it had good vs evil pvp u dont want the shire to be taken over.  it would be towns like bre, weathertop.... ect being fought over. as well as some evil places . lata.