Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helping out: "tell me what to play"

It seems every 3rd message is someone that doesn't want to take the time to research a game. Of course, I have a theory that now you need to post to get a rank high enough to vote for EvE a 10, and a 0 to everything elese.

I thought a few of those post, while bizarre, may be people actually wanting help finding a game that suits them.

perhaps some type of simple poll could be made, something like the bartle test. That take some a input and make a selection of games that may fit the particular player.

Posts like, "Game A or B what's the difference" is allot better than "Tell me what to play". type messages.

Then of course you'd  need a sticky message to that test, and we can just beat people over the heads for not looking at it. . 

People like little tests, it may be a good value added service for the site?

-=-=-=-=-
"The beauty of MMORPGS is the merging of gaming and chatrooms. EQ is really just AOL merged with a fantasy game" -billus8

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% Test learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Comments

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    I'm willing to build the test. Maybe I'll just toss one together and put it on my site and just post the link everytime someone asks.

-=-=-=-=-
    Chess the orginal hardcore PvP game!

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% Test learn what it means here.
    Yee: Ach: 85% GRE: 65% AFF: 15% Imm 15% Test Click here to learn about it.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Sounds like a good idea.

For some reason i have this obsession to dance with the glove...

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"