Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta tester view point

DarthoriousDarthorious Member UncommonPosts: 70

Well I got into the beta and all I can say is wow and I don't mean WoW lol...

When I first started playing I thought oh great another point and click to move game and then I soon realized why.

If you had to use your keyboard to move well you would need a third hand and it actually is very easy to get use to unlike most other point and click to move games.

The beta testing is capped at level 50 but from what we've heard it's actually gonna be level caped at around 150.

Graphics wise I turned all the graphics completely up and it ran smooth with no jitters or anything on a 3.2ghz 1gig ram 9800pro graphics card.

So far there are so many quests you wouldn't even have to grind if that's not your thing.  Quests rewards are XP and money.  The xp rewards are raised with your level and you get quests for almost every level.  I did soley quests and it took me to about lvl 12 or so then I did have to grind out 1 level then did quests up to my current lvl of 23 and my quest log is still packed.  Only bad thing about quests is you have a weapons skill that can only be brought up by using your weapon, thus they have target dummies to wack on if all you do is quest.

There is pvp channels and will be guild wars also.  Pvp is pretty much you can wack anybody if your on the pvp channel.  Basicly they have 1 server and several channels (mini servers) for the beta test.  Griefing other players will get you 130 minutes in jail automaticly. Such as PKing someone over and over again.

From what we hear groups don't really start untill around lvl 70 and then I've been told it gets really interesting at lvl 100+.

Target lock works like it should and an auto fire feature so no button mashing other than specials and trying to do combo's.

One other thing though it is a good thing to grind every so often because you can get some really nice armor and weapon drops off the mobs.

I've also been told that we (beta testers) are only seeing a small portion of the content.

All in all I'm thinking this is gonna be a pretty big hit as it out does COV, COH, GW, SWG.

This game seems pretty much done IMO I would say 90% at least as there are virtually no bugs in the game other than quest mispellings and a few xp exploits we found.

Edit:

I never mentioned WoW because I'm not quite sure how the total end result of the game will be sense we're capped at 50.  Never mentioned FFXI because that's just a completely diffrent game style.

Comments

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by Darthorious

All in all I'm thinking this is gonna be a pretty big hit as it out does COV, COH, GW, SWG.

The game won't be hitting store shelves, only available via the net. Most of the people I've talked to that play a popular MMORPG about the game had no clue it even existed. And those that I know who've participated in beta say they have no plans to stick around once the game goes live.

I just don't see what basis you can say this game will outdo GW and CoH/CoV. lol

• Perdition_ukPerdition_uk Member Posts: 181

The game won't be hitting store shelves, only available via the net. Most of the people I've talked to that play a popular MMORPG about the game had no clue it even existed. And those that I know who've participated in beta say they have no plans to stick around once the game goes live.
    I just don't see what basis you can say this game will outdo GW and CoH/CoV. lol

I wonder how many poeple you have "talked too". But anyway, to be honest if it's just something different  I'll give it a go. I'm so bored of the MMOs that are out now (and from the postings on this very site I'm not alone in this). Something more "arcade" like and simply fun sounds just the thing to liven up the genre to be honest.

As this is an EU based release (the servers are in the UK (Manchester)... Yay for me, they are 60 miles from my house!) I assume you will not have heard much about it if you are in the US.

It might end up being a big ol' pile of crap, but it might be something fresh and new. I'm looking forward to trying it.

As for "out doing" GW, CoH etc. GW is pretty simple to out do if you are not into PvP as you can complete it in a couple of weeks, and I can't comment on CoV/CoH as I've not played them. I liked GW, and enjoyed it, but it hardly has long term appeal. I think the majority of people play it through, then just dip into it every so often. Lets be honest here, it's GWs pricing plan which makes it so successfull (and fair play to them for doing it that way).

The one thing that strikes me about Cabal though, and that sets it apart from other games, is the quality of the Beta release. From what I have read on the beta forums the bugs are few and far between. How many other games can say that in closed beta... or even after release in some cases. Any company that can run their closed testing well enough to get a game of this quality out for closed beta deserves a shot IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684
    This might just be because it's in beta, but I do think more and different new armor should be made.

And more options in character creation.

But who know?

I need to start doing more, and get past lvl 20 first. ( I have a lvl 16 Wizard. Pretty fun. )

Groovy.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I have a 47 wizard, 39 force archer and 21 force shielder. Here is my take on the game.

The game is pretty fun, with lots of quests in the beginning, fast gameplay, easy to learn and understand. Towards lvl 42 or so the quest xp slows way down, you will get 3 or so quests then nothing so it is grind grind grind til your next lvl which of course gets very tedious.

The graphics are nice, though I do wish there were more customizable characters,  and armors, having the same 3 sets of armors for all the classes gets old quick.

Get rid of the target dummys! servers are full because everyone is afk skill grinding on them, causing lag also. and please get the alt tab to windows option. when I am bored I like to flip and read mail, talk to buddys etc.

I give this game a 6/10. I have played worse korean mmmorpgs, this one is better then most of them with not as bad as a grind. I will play open beta and make up my mind then if I will pay to play this game.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by Riverstar

I have a 47 wizard, 39 force archer and 21 force shielder. Here is my take on the game.
    The game is pretty fun, with lots of quests in the beginning, fast gameplay, easy to learn and understand. Towards lvl 42 or so the quest xp slows way down, you will get 3 or so quests then nothing so it is grind grind grind til your next lvl which of course gets very tedious.
    The graphics are nice, though I do wish there were more customizable characters,  and armors, having the same 3 sets of armors for all the classes gets old quick.
    Get rid of the target dummys! servers are full because everyone is afk skill grinding on them, causing lag also. and please get the alt tab to windows option. when I am bored I like to flip and read mail, talk to buddys etc.
    I give this game a 6/10. I have played worse korean mmmorpgs, this one is better then most of them with not as bad as a grind. I will play open beta and make up my mind then if I will pay to play this game.

But again.
    It IS still in Beta form.

I *Think* there are some more maps and places to explore then just the places on there.

But right now, what they need to do is add ALOT more to it.

Groovy.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

That is why I am going to see what they add in open beta, see if it is enough to want me to pay for this game. It is a pretty good game. But right now I would not p2p with it.

• FelipeeFelipee Member Posts: 13
    Well Im playing this too on the closed beta and well I liked the game
    etc and etc... but if it turns to P2P after beta I think that for P2P
    there are many others better games to play paying Im many time looking
    for a good FREE MMORPG that I like... but it is hard when I find or it
    get p2p in a moment or cant run in my PC and etc etc... but well Im
    enjoying this until it get p2p I will stick with this... a good game
    from what I have seen until now...

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    It reminds me of MU online for some reason, but better. I like the fast paced combat and combos especially and I agree that they need to add more textures to their armors since basically everyone looks the same, I upgraded my gear several times and couldnt see a difference between that and the starting gear. The music when you enter a dungeons is cool, sort of like in Dynasty Warriors. The quests gives some nice rewards, but it still follows the same old fedex type of quests and kill 10 wolves and come back for your reward. It is a nice game, but imho I wouldnt pay to play this, it lacks depth, story, and it feels like another silkroad online game.

• MonkDaddyMonkDaddy Member Posts: 35
    So far im enjoying the beta testing immensely.  Thats not to say its a perfect thing, Dungeons get old fast and an inability to control your movements if any monsters are around you can be a bit annoying trying to find an open space to click on.  Crafting well its expensive and fails alot lol so not too much new there, but I still find myself pouring money into it.  beta community thus far is pretty much buying selling spam and insults though when the game goes p2p I imagine most of the 'kiddy garbage" will die down.  I realize it sounds like Im downing the game her ebut i really have been enjoying it and do plan to continue in open beta and p2p.   Good bad or indifferent the game is addictive at least for now but only time will tell.  Ive had no issues with leaving a shop open overnight, dont get booted like some other mmo's ive tried in the past.  The ability to change servers without reloading the client is great.  Overall i think the closed beta is going very well I personally havent had any issues/bugs that I'm aware of and I find myself logging in when I get free time =)

• Perdition_ukPerdition_uk Member Posts: 181
    /agree

I'll probably subscribe too, purely for the fact that Cabal FEELS
    different when you are playing it. It doesn't feel like just another
    MMORPG, but that it's got a style all it's own. Yes there are things to
    work on. There are not enough different looks to the armour, and the
    community just now is a little young, but a subscription will soon take
    care of that.

It's not perfect, but it IS fun. I'm enjoying it a lot.

• MonkDaddyMonkDaddy Member Posts: 35
    Im pretty much in the same boat as you there. Im enjoying the game immensely and open beta will haev a lvl cap of 75 and I hear that will be raised as soon as someone hits it.  which will be nice for testing out higher mobs 9as we can be mroe powerful to actually go up against them) quests and higher levels of crafting.  Now since im on crafting lol lemme just say random is the word to describe it.  transmuting objects the end result of how many items you get is random whether it will fail or not is random what % or # bonus you make is random and if te item has +'s or not is random lol thats a lot of random but God I still find myself craftign everytime I scrape up 500k or so LOL, It may just be Im not all there but, I am having a good time.  I am looking forward to open beta and eventually p2p.  Being a US player on the EU closed beta Im probably going to try and learn how to set up a good proxy to continue to play there for open.  I just hope that there will be no area ip bans for the p2p as Id rather not have to mess with anything to log in and play.

• joe11joe11 Member Posts: 12
    Im in to the closed beta stage but haven't got around to actually tring it yet.  From the posts above it sounds very promising though and ill be sure to post back here with my thoughts :)