Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The way to bring back CU or Even Pre CU!

PalatinePalatine Member Posts: 65

I have recently quit SWG as i cant play this game anymore  after 3 years. This is mostly to do with the state of the game and how i can remember it was the best game i had ever played. Now its the worst!. I'm a Star Wars nut and if SWG would have been any other game i would have quit ages ago. I also think this is the only reason many of the player base still play, 'Its Star Wars, but not Iconic'.

Anyway, the only way i will give SOE or LA any more cash for subs would be if they rolled back to pre CU or brought the CU back. The way i think they should do this is by giving everybody who is currently playing a respec to any proffession they like, including Jedi. Not all players out there would be Jedi, but i must agree that it would be the most popular profession. However, its not like we have a server full of Jedi already is it! lol

The way to deal with those who want to be Jedi would be to bring back XP loss. If you want the alpha class you work for it! I would also bring in a system whereby if you lost all the xp for a box you would loose the box and the ablility for that box. It essense the strong survive and the weak die. This would be more in keeping for the timeline.

I'm sick of people, or noobs saying that there should not be an alpha class becuase they pawn, BULLSHIT! I was never a Jedi, i was a BH and i could take down most Jedi with a good 45min fight, the right template, buffs and foods. If you didnt understand the foods, buffs and which template to use then you had no hope in hell of taking a full temp Jedi out.

Get a grip SOE and LA and bring us that game back which involved thought, community, effort and ultimatley pleasure.

I'm sure anyone (apart from the kiddies) would opt for the kind of roll back i have suggested rather than the broken crap we have now.

SORT IT!

Comments

• XhyronXhyron Member UncommonPosts: 40

Originally posted by Palatine

I was never a Jedi, i was a BH and i could take down most Jedi with a good 45min fight, the right template, buffs and foods. If you didnt understand the foods, buffs and which template to use then you had no hope in hell of taking a full temp Jedi out.

What fantasy world were you living in?  45 mins for killing a Jedi?  HAHA.  You are either lying or talking about duels that no one would interfere with.  I killed many a Jedi bounty(even have screenshots of a bunch of dead ones from early 2004 when i decided to start SS'ing my kills) and the fight never lasted more than 20 - 45 seconds.  If you didn't kill them in under a minute they would either run away, friends would come to assist, or other bounty hunters would beat you to it.

But getting back on the subject at hand, fuck exp loss.

3 deaths and you restart was the only way to go; with 1 death decaying a month.  That way when Jedi get to 2 deaths, they log out and leave the character idle until they can play again, thus solving the retarded problem of what I like to call the Starport Jedi.

• PalatinePalatine Member Posts: 65

That was the longest fight. Try killing a really good player with force run 4 and heals coming out of their ass.

Please dont call me a liar, why would i lie!

That was the longest fight. Try killing a really good player with force run 4 and heals coming out of their ass.

If this is a bounty there is no way this could possibly have happened.  You mean to tell me for 45 minutes not a SINGLE other BH showed up and the Jedi didn't call in any of his friends(if he had any) to help?  You guys just went at it for almost an hour then finally beat him?

Sorry, just sounds a little on the fairy tale side from my prospective.  I unlocked a Jedi on 12/18/2003 and still opted to play my Bounty Hunter over grinding it out(granted I still did play it).

In my months upon months of hunting Jedi, I never had a bounty pan out like 12 rounds of featherweight boxing.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Xhyron

If this is a bounty there is no way this could possibly have happened.  You mean to tell me for 45 minutes not a SINGLE other BH showed up and the Jedi didn't call in any of his friends(if he had any) to help?  You guys just went at it for almost an hour then finally beat him?

Sorry, just sounds a little on the fairy tale side from my prospective.  I unlocked a Jedi on 12/18/2003 and still opted to play my Bounty Hunter over grinding it out(granted I still did play it).

In my months upon months of hunting Jedi, I never had a bounty pan out like 12 rounds of featherweight boxing.

I actually watched a Swordsman take down a Jedi and it took over an hour. Full-template biggest-egotisticical-asshole on Intrepid. We all gathered to watch and took great glee at laughing at his corpse.

I even took bets.

Of course, that was in the glory of pre-cu.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• whodixonwhodixon Member Posts: 28

I was never a Jedi, i was a BH and i could take down most Jedi with a good 45min fight, the right template, buffs and foods. If you didnt understand the foods, buffs and which template to use then you had no hope in hell of taking a full temp Jedi out.

What fantasy world were you living in?  45 mins for killing a Jedi?  HAHA.  You are either lying or talking about duels that no one would interfere with.  I killed many a Jedi bounty(even have screenshots of a bunch of dead ones from early 2004 when i decided to start SS'ing my kills) and the fight never lasted more than 20 - 45 seconds.  If you didn't kill them in under a minute they would either run away, friends would come to assist, or other bounty hunters would beat you to it.

But getting back on the subject at hand, fuck exp loss.

3 deaths and you restart was the only way to go; with 1 death decaying a month.  That way when Jedi get to 2 deaths, they log out and leave the character idle until they can play again, thus solving the retarded problem of what I like to call the Starport Jedi.

20-45 secs? no way man you obiously didn't fight anybody who deserved jedi, unless you had to seriously overpowered exceptional weapon, but considering your talking about friends coming to help the jedi you must be talking about when TEF's were still in place and not the one on one crap SOE brought in later. so given that it most likely was a ranged exceptional weapon which must lead me to rifle?, one of the only ways i could think of all your jedi fights only lasting 20-45 secs would be if you had some great rifle and snipered shot each jedi at the start, what was your temp and did you have an exceptional weapon? Because otherwise i think you didn't keep good racj of time , which can happen when your fighting jedi or even the bh (as a jedi).
  • Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

I played BH's on both Eclipse, and Valkyn pre CU and CU.  I know I wasnt the best BH around by a long shot, but I made several Rebel guilds lists of "Most Dangerous BH".  Not because I was exceptionally good, but more so because I was so active.   That being said, I can easily say that I have had several Bounties that lasted an hour easily with no assists from Jedi friends or other BH's.  At the end of those fights, my hands hurt, and I had a serious Kink in my neck.  But they were fun as hell!!   /Salute to those Jedi. 
  • abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    Ah the great imbalances of Pre CU combat. If only they were fixed instead of resorting to this wretched abortion of a system known as the NGE.

Originally posted by whodixon

20-45 secs? no way man you obiously didn't fight anybody who deserved jedi, unless you had to seriously overpowered exceptional weapon, but considering your talking about friends coming to help the jedi you must be talking about when TEF's were still in place and not the one on one crap SOE brought in later. so given that it most likely was a ranged exceptional weapon which must lead me to rifle?, one of the only ways i could think of all your jedi fights only lasting 20-45 secs would be if you had some great rifle and snipered shot each jedi at the start, what was your temp and did you have an exceptional weapon? Because otherwise i think you didn't keep good racj of time , which can happen when your fighting jedi or even the bh (as a jedi).

Once again, most of my active bountyhunting was in early 2004, before the shit that was the CU and the absolutely travesty that is the NGE were thrust upon us.

I was a master TKA, bounty investigation 3, bounty pistol 4, and smuggler(whatever tree got feign death) so I could get out of a shitty situation by feigning death and waiting for my flag to wear off.

When I took a Jedi mission, they were almost always between 100k-225k, 225k being a Knight.  As a TKA, I was able to jump the Jedi, use the TKA dizzy, TKA knockdown and SPAM the HELL out of spitting rawl until one of there bars was depleted and I win.  If they managed to get up and try to force run out, I would burst run, and switch to my krayt scatter(by marlon) and spam eyeshot until I got the job completed.  All in all a SERIOUS bounty would never take more than me jumping the Jedi and the Jedi falling 20-45 seconds later.  If it ran longer than that, either another BH would show up, or the Jedi's friends would to use my TEF against me.  THAT is where the FD came in quite handy.

My finest example was finding a 225k Knight on Dathomir fighting rancors.  I swooped in, TKA dizzy, TKA knockdown and killed him within 15 seconds.  But, I did not get my reward.  The Rancor he was fighting deathblowed him before I could and I couldn't claim my reward.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

The way to deal with those who want to be Jedi would be to bring back XP loss. If you want the alpha class you work for it! I would also bring in a system whereby if you lost all the xp for a box you would loose the box and the ablility for that box. It essense the strong survive and the weak die. This would be more in keeping for the timeline.
    I'm sick of people, or noobs saying that there should not be an alpha class becuase they pawn, BULLSHIT! I was never a Jedi, i was a BH and i could take down most Jedi with a good 45min fight, the right template, buffs and foods. If you didnt understand the foods, buffs and which template to use then you had no hope in hell of taking a full temp Jedi out.

They tried xp loss on jedi before. They had perma death but jedi whined they might get DCed in combat thanks to the bugs in the game so it wasnt fair to lose their jedi if it was the game's fault.

Then came xp loss and guess what? They used the same cop out as before. "Oh I might get disconnected and die. So it isnt fair."

As for the whole alpha class thing. It has nothing to do with being uber. It has to do with putting one in the game in the first place. Once you do, the majority of players flock to it. Just like before. You cant put an alpha class in a game and balance it out. The majority will flock to it and the whole experiance will be for naught.

You cant make them grind to get it. That is just a time sink and nothing more. Eventually everyone that tries will get it. And we all saw what the holo and village grinds did to that game. You cant put in a true quest system because walk throughs would be online even before the patch hit the live servers. You cant limit the number per server because it truly isnt fair for some noob who just started and has zero chance of becoming one.

Jedi should never have been put in that game. And if SOE truly wants to fix the game the first thing they have to do is bite the bullet and eliminate them. It would hurt but the pain would be far less then what it is now.

Kai
  • pegauspegaus Member Posts: 33

When I took a Jedi mission, they were almost always between 100k-225k, 225k being a Knight.  As a TKA, I was able to jump the Jedi, use the TKA dizzy, TKA knockdown and SPAM the HELL out of spitting rawl until one of there bars was depleted and I win.  If they managed to get up and try to force run out, I would burst run, and switch to my krayt scatter(by marlon) and spam eyeshot until I got the job completed.  All in all a SERIOUS bounty would never take more than me jumping the Jedi and the Jedi falling 20-45 seconds later.  If it ran longer than that, either another BH would show up, or the Jedi's friends would to use my TEF against me.  THAT is where the FD came in quite handy

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Did You ever fight a master powers jedi, i remeber one day i was jumped by 3 bh's and 2 of them were tka and the the other was pistols and that fight lasted for less than 10 minutes the first tka bh kd me and i used force intimadate got back kept all 3 bh's intimadated and proceeded to kill all 3 of them. Force intimadate made jedi very hard to kill. i only ever died 3 times to bh's and 1 bh got me twice because he could head shot me for nearly 5k damage