Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo...

ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Whats everyones thoughts on this game??? Korean MMO's are always gorgeous...the thing about them is they severely lack the RPG part in "MMORPG" And I wonder how NhNGames/Codemasters will handle with westernizing this so it's not as frusterating and suits more of what MMORPG's are becoming over here with character customizing during creation...etc This could easily be one of the nest next generation games if they do indeed make it live up to being that.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I agree with you, the Korean games really have the Art design "down". They always seem epic and beautiful.

Having said that, they sorely lack in character customization. Though I am eagerly anticipating Aion, I am going to give this game a shot.

I currently play Lineage 2 but it really has gotten quite stale of late. So we'll see.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LashersLashers Member Posts: 186

I have been following this one for awhile.  I think because there will be a focus on large scale battle, the customization of say SWG won't be there.  But I do think it will be a bit better that Lineage 2.  The game itself looks to be very well done.  I applied for the beta which I hear may begin next month.  Hopefully I will get in so I can have a first hand look at it!

The PvP looks to be well done and if you check out the screenshots and videos, you can see the graphics are amazing!

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    I agree  that it L2 has gotten stale lately, the design of the game is too spacey, the playerbase seems to gravitate as the map grows leaving little people spread out to make it feel like an MMO even if theres thousands of players on in one server....

I think Korean companies have gotten a LITTLE better with customization (RF) but not much. Hopefully this and Aion will push that alot more.

• cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by whitewolf

I have been following this one for awhile.  I think because there will be a focus on large scale battle, the customization of say SWG won't be there.  But I do think it will be a bit better that Lineage 2.  The game itself looks to be very well done.  I applied for the beta which I hear may begin next month.  Hopefully I will get in so I can have a first hand look at it!
    The PvP looks to be well done and if you check out the screenshots and videos, you can see the graphics are amazing!

hey whered u apply for the beta at? i wanna try and get in on this, im looking for somethin new to play.

nvrmind i found it

• ENVIEEEENVIEEE Member Posts: 11
    i applied for beta as well. im not to hyped about it tho. only 3 races. human, orc, and moon elf. good graphix tho.
  • cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21
    only 3 races doesnt really bother me, i played uo longer than any mmo ive ever played so im used to seeing the same race over and over :) as long as there is decent character customization i wont mind at all ( just so everyone doesnt look the same)

• VideoXPGVideoXPG Member Posts: 268
    I have been keeping my eyes on this one for some time and I look forward to potential beta entry. I would like to see a nice, quality game come out. However, the publisher's of RF Online isn't making this look too promising for me.

• ENVIEEEENVIEEE Member Posts: 11

character customization is the only thing that allows games to pull of such a small selection of races. hopefully we get into beta and well see. but i wouldnt be too hopeful... in my experience, generally speaking, the better the graphix the worse the character customization.

• DKShadowDKShadow Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by ENVIEEE

character customization is the only thing that allows games to pull of such a small selection of races. hopefully we get into beta and well see. but i wouldnt be too hopeful... in my experience, generally speaking, the better the graphix the worse the character customization.

Luckily the game has both awesome graphics and lots of customization. Some armors come in different colors and you can change your character's face/hair/face paint at any time at a NPC for a small fee.

This game seems to have it all - I personally am hyped as hell about this title.
  • Dudeman7475Dudeman7475 Member Posts: 78
    I feel that this game is going to be GREAT, with the all of quests and monsters within the game it seems that this game could be played for a very long time and not get worn out like other MMO titles. Archlord offers alot of features that really make it stand out as 1 on its own

LoL! I hope theres good character customization such as faces and hair...because .....If not it's just a less diverse L2 which is frightening

• chronic05chronic05 Member Posts: 32
    I have played Guildwars for 10 months now i find it a very good game i like the PvE side of the game i am not into PvP part of the game. i want to know is will Archlord be like guildwars u start off a low lvl and do missions ans quest because me and my mate r looking for a new MMORPG to play we just like running around doing quests. So if anyone knows if there is a main story ( besides becoming the Archlord ) what u follow i.e like they have in guildwars.

• KetaminKetamin Member Posts: 4

Im not sure I'm hearing you right. You play Guildwars for pve? and you don't enjoy the pvp? You enjoy quests? Personally I wouldn't be playing guildwars if this is the case, you would probably enjoy WoW or Everquest more which are predominantly quest based and heavily pve.

I have been playing Lineage2 for a while now and agree its losing its appeal, mainly due to it being incredibly badly run by NCSoft which I'm hoping to break away from 'cose their customer service really sux. Archlord looks like a very possible replacement and I can't wait to play it, they seem orientated towards the important things I enjoy in lineage, Graphics and gameplay. Hopefully be able to test this out through beta.

• chronic05chronic05 Member Posts: 32
    I like Guildwars because i like to go around doing quest with people i have heard of other games i.e WoW when other people can kill u can steal all yourstuff i just think that just wrong, thats why i like guildwars u cant steal off anyone u cant kill each other unless u r in a arena fighting but even in the arena's u cant pick up the persond stuff who u just killed so i just want to know about archlord or any other game the same when u r in a town or city where u buy stuff and u meet up with other people and go outside the town and it will just be you and your team or will there be other people running around hunting on new people. i know guildwars is ment to be  a  PVP game hence the name but i just want to play something new what is kind of like guildwars where u work together to find out the story of the game and not get mugged every second from super over powerd people in the game just wanting to piss about and someone tell me any info on any other game what might be ok for me ?

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by ENVIEEE

Or large-scale PvP battles/castle sieges that will put a lot of stress on your computer and the server.

• KetaminKetamin Member Posts: 4

So what you seem to be looking for is something clan based where you can pve without anyone spoiling that for you. I'm not 100% sure about WoW because I only played it for a couple weeks before I got totally bored of it. But as far as I know you cant drop anything through pvp. This is often the case for mmorpg. I guess you would need advice from someone with more general experience in many different mmorpg to be able to tell you which ones you can lose items and which you can't. But in my experience, even in lineage2, as long as your careful and know how to play the game you won't lose items. An mmorpg where losing items is easily done would not be successful imo because most people play to progress and if you keep losing your aquired and earned gear then it's really going to upset the players, hence they will stop playing or ebay them, which in turn ruins the games.  

In WoW they can't kill you and take your stuff. Atleast not if you playo n the Normal servers or RP servers. :) Try it out on the Normal or RP servers and you will not have to worry about that.

• DRaculleusDRaculleus Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by chronic05
    I have played Guildwars for 10 months now i find it a very good game i like the PvE side of the game i am not into PvP part of the game. i want to know is will Archlord be like guildwars u start off a low lvl and do missions ans quest because me and my mate r looking for a new MMORPG to play we just like running around doing quests. So if anyone knows if there is a main story ( besides becoming the Archlord ) what u follow i.e like they have in guildwars.

I can tell you for sure Archlord isn't going to be like guildwars, there want be this "instanced" PvE where everytime u leave a town or city u'r alone... Archlord will be a very PvP Oriente game, but i doubt u will drop items upon death... But Archlord will also be very quest based with the number of quests exceeding 2500 there will be more than enuf quests for you to spend alot of time PvE'ing :)

Tho maybe as the others say u should try WoW out :) - on the normal servers you can turn off the PvP :) - meaning you and ur mate won't have to worry about getting ganked when questing...

Vladimirr Dracullia la Secúnda de la Transýlvanïï

Originally posted by chronic05
    I like Guildwars because i like to go around doing quest with people i have heard of other games i.e WoW when other people can kill u can steal all yourstuff i just think that just wrong, thats why i like guildwars u cant steal off anyone u cant kill each other unless u r in a arena fighting but even in the arena's u cant pick up the persond stuff who u just killed so i just want to know about archlord or any other game the same when u r in a town or city where u buy stuff and u meet up with other people and go outside the town and it will just be you and your team or will there be other people running around hunting on new people. i know guildwars is ment to be  a  PVP game hence the name but i just want to play something new what is kind of like guildwars where u work together to find out the story of the game and not get mugged every second from super over powerd people in the game just wanting to piss about and someone tell me any info on any other game what might be ok for me ?

ive also been playing GuildWars for a very long time and from what ive seen in videos and screenshots of this game it will be nothing like guildwars. You will not leave town with a party instead it will be an OPEN world where everything is together, the pvp will be nothing like in guilds wars. Peoples skills will be different, like lets say you have a skill called "Kill" depending on how much SP you put into it you could have a lvl 5 "Kill" spell and someone of the same class as you could have a lvl 3 "Kill" spell. So this gave is nothing at all like GuildWars

• valo_666valo_666 Member Posts: 74
    yea, most korean mmo's lack in the rpg department, rf online was no different...i had fun in rf for awhile but the lack of in depth content disatisfied me for too long...i'm hoping this will be a winner :)

Originally posted by valo_666
    yea, most korean mmo's lack in the rpg department, rf online was no different...i had fun in rf for awhile but the lack of in depth content disatisfied me for too long...i'm hoping this will be a winner :)

same here, i tryed RF for about a month and a half and just couldnt play it anymore. it got so boring from just being a hack and slash, kill this, kill that, game. Archlord seems to have much more content than RFO has so i think that this game will rock all the other MMO's out there.

• NitrockNitrock Member UncommonPosts: 86

Originally posted by Valentina

Whats everyones thoughts on this game??? Korean MMO's are always gorgeous...the thing about them is they severely lack the RPG part in "MMORPG" And I wonder how NhNGames/Codemasters will handle with westernizing this so it's not as frusterating and suits more of what MMORPG's are becoming over here with character customizing during creation...etc This could easily be one of the nest next generation games if they do indeed make it live up to being that.

For me this game looks amazing, because I am a big fan of pvp.