Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incredible Similarities?

KanisKanis Member UncommonPosts: 42

I'm the type of person to be constructive in my criticism of products, and this applies double to projects that aren't finished (aka Betas). But there are similarities in Knights Online when compared to Savage Eden that just bother me. I know that in the industry of Online Role Playing Games that there will always be 'common' content, but the things these two games don't have in common are fewer that the one they do share.

Now I'm not picking I just wanted to know how many people have tried both, and know if I'm the only one who thinks this way… this is in NO way a rant and I don't want it to turn into one, I just want to know if the issues I have at this time are warranted.

Thanks as usual for reading my post, appreciate the comments.

"Common sense is NOT common!"

Comments

• koadminkoadmin Member Posts: 20

Greetings from Knight Online,

I would like some clarification on what sort of similarities are you taking about? In terms of gameplay?? graphics?? or perhaps that both our parent companies have purchased publishing rights for certain games? I need some clarity before i give an official comment on behalf of Terra Ict.

Regards

• KanisKanis Member UncommonPosts: 42

Well wow I have to say thanks for taking interest in my post first of all, I find it great to see people who are involved with the projects actively seeking user feedback.

The similarities that I speak of are many, but I'll keep it to the few that seam to jump out at me…

• The storage (banks)
    • The basic interface (though cleaned up greatly still very similar in feel)
    • The skill system (gaining ranks and purchasing abilities in the tab up to your level at a limit of one point per skill per level - some exceptions)
    • The crafting (place item "a" on weapon/equipment "b" gain a bonus +1 level etc)

Don't take any of this as a negative, I was just wondering about the 'mirroring' of game concepts from one to the other; and you answered my unasked question of "if" the game was published by the same company.

I feel that Knights Online is a much more refined game that Savage Eden (this is only my opinion) and I can see possibilities for where the game can/could go.

And since I have you answering questions (making a comment image ) I was wondering if we could see a gem/crafting faq anytime soon. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    They're all based on diablo two type gameplay and layout.

• koadminkoadmin Member Posts: 20

Greetings fron Knight Online

We value feedback and opinions from everyone. As for faq's we are all working on it and it should be up soon * i need a vacation after this*imageimage

Regards