Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsubscribing... lol

NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
I had to get a laugh when I unsubscribed to EQII today. As I unsubscribed it first asked me a 27 question servey. Ok.. interesting I thought.

Than, the funny part. It matches answers to the servey and tries to get you back in, and then they even put a "i'll give it another try" button next to the "let me freakin quit already".

I found it funny, lol.

Comments

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357
    I've cancelled my account 4 different times (although I currently play once again).  You'll only get a survey the first time.  And oh yeah.  Try and find a AAA MMO out there that DOESN'T have a "I'll Give it Another Try" type of button at the bottom.  If you were running a company, you wouldn't want to lose customers, would you?  At least there's no problems with the system, and once you cancel, they actually stop billing you.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

I just cancelled my account as well and encountered the same survey. I may be alone in this, but I always fill out the surveys completely and honestly, because I'm hoping they'll use the information to make this or future games better.

It makes sense to try to retain people rather than just let them go. I was actually impressed with Sony's ability to tailor a response to my concerns.

• DarkikonDarkikon Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Yeah, same here the first time I cancelled, but I have since returned. Nowhere near as bad as say...AOL :)
  • SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230
    blizzard do a similar thing when you cancel WoW, and it shows a crying peon, to say you upset him. almost made me wanna resubsucribe to make him cry again ;)
    seems to be a growing trend in companies now, got the same when i cancelled my mobile phone contract too.

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O