Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GWF

brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
If I buy GWF does it come with the orginal?

Comments

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    No but it is the expanision u can play it with out the first 1, but if u get really invold with some of the GW:F things u need to get the first 1

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

nope doesn't come with the original

My advice would be to buy Factions, play through it, then buy the Original and play that. By the time you're done, there'll probably be a 3rd one

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

ya but u will go back an buy the oringal thts y i bought that first because i like both an i didnt want to pay 50$ at teh beginnin im not goin to buy GW:Fi get it for my b day in july then i will get teh 3rd one

• j03s0m3b0dyj03s0m3b0dy Member Posts: 40
    Factions does not come with the original, its an expansion of the game and does not contain ne of the stuff from the original such as the weapons, looks, weapons, skills, and maps. Both games offer many different things to the game. factions offers the pvp aspect of the game by adding the aliance battles and newer maps etcs. Propheices has a better story line that makes the pve alot more fun (my personal opinion). But in order to play guild wars intently with a guild or for pvp, i think both games are recomended because of the skills needed from both factions and prophecies to play pvp or gvg. If i just started out, I would buy factions. Good luck with the game, I'm addicted. yikes....

• HuntressqueHuntressque Member Posts: 35
    No! it doesn't come with the original. All you can get is the GW Factions only, original is not included on it but for what I've heard from my friend GW Faction is pretty nice compared to the original. By the way, he bought his expansion cd key at gamersloot.net, you can try to check it their too just in case.

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Huntressque
    No! it doesn't come with the original. All you can get is the GW Factions only, original is not included on it but for what I've heard from my friend GW Faction is pretty nice compared to the original. By the way, he bought his expansion cd key at gamersloot.net, you can try to check it their too just in case.

As per everyone else, you don't get both.  Factions is NOT an expansion pack.  It is a standalone game that you can join with Prophecies by adding the Factions CD key to your pre-existing account.

I found Factions storyline shorter (not sure if it was just me or not).  Overall I enjoyed both of them immensely and do not regret buying either of them; and I've been playing since the beta over 13 months ago.

They also seem to have added some "grinding" into the game, as in the accumulation of Faction.  I was in a guild where if you didn't transfer at least 10k to the guild you were booted.  How they knew I will never know, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out.  Any alliance that controls a town has to grind out faction like mad to maintain it.  It's called faction farming ("ff" for short).  It's not something I do much, as I got this game to avoid grinding and farming.  And I've enjoyed not doing it up to this point.  I personally can't stand a game where you have to repetitively do the same thing over and over and over.  And worst of all to actually pay someone for the privilige to do it.

If you do buy factions first, you'll miss out on how the two storylines merge, and would be well-advised not to take your Factions character over first.  Make a Prophecies character, otherwise you appear half way through the Prophecies campaign and have to run all the way back to the beginning to get the whole story.

At least if you start with a prophecies character you don't start half way through the Factions Campaign.  All you really end up missing in the initial trianing island.
    Ya i was goin to get GW:F 1st but then i thought i would miss the hole story line so i got GW im goin to get GW:F soon its goin to be fun but i have to get it after that Dragon festivale sucks

• KorneliusKornelius Member Posts: 54

Well, we all hope that there will be other "Dragon Festivals"...and, there are still parties for Halloween and Christmas... ::::01::

GW- Warrior lvl18 - Monk lvl4

i no

• JJ Member Posts: 11
    i ghave been looking at getting guild wars factions my self, if i do so, i will want to make a PvP guild later on when i get more experienced in the game. Shouls i own both guild wars and guild wars factions before i go and make a guild (PvP)?
  • VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640
    Personally, I doubt that it matters. If you only own GWF, then you'll be a bit more limited on your skill selection than someone that has both GWP and GWF, and a different set of skills than someone that only has GWP. That's the only real difference. Granted, it can only help if you have both.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    if u wanna have real fun with guild wars buy original then expantion ;) beleive me its better that way