Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In game footage here!!

sundaysoulboysundaysoulboy Member Posts: 30

This game shows promise. Graphically looks better than anything around (not suprising since it uses the cry engine). The combat mechanics look fun with a nice 'chain' skill system, similar to some arcade style fighting games (a good thing imo, more skill based).

I hope they can add  the depth and variety needed for an mmo to hold my attention! The PvPvE system sounds interesting depending on how it plays out. I have just given up wow after exhausting virtually all its content (6 different classes to 60 and all raids bar Nax) and its such a shame that all you can do now is repeat the same shit over and over. We want evolving world pvp/pve content godamnit! A power struggle that is always changing!! At least thats what me and my mates want :)

I just hope it gets a UK/EU release =P But its NCsoft so i'm sure it will :)

Anyways, take a look at this and lets start hyping this thing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1LeEpB52o8

Waiting For;
Aion
Warhammer Online
Darkfall
Project Offset

Comments

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    Very very nice. Hopefully the gameplay will be as good as the game looks. /crosses fingers

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    Very nice footage, good graphics and can't wait to be able to fly .

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    One thing is for sure...I'm in love! 

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Sure looks great, doesn't it? Reminds me of Breath of Fire 3 a bit, which is a great thing. Also reminds me a lot of Lineage 2 which could be a bad thing. Can't wait to try it, wonder when it releases?

• cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21
    hmm looks very nice, looking forward to seeing how things playout with this one, good early gameplay video got my attention real quick :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Wow, thanks for that.

This is the first game since L2 that I've been jazzed about. I'm already scheming of ways to try to get myself into Beta.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by g33ksTa

Well, this looks indeed promising... I play L2, so I'm looking forward to try this!

NCSoft rocks!

Aion looks very nice I suppose there using the new unreal engine which pleases me to no end :).
    I heard the music and it's excellent just perfect still don't know about the gameplay or instancing which are two major aspects that cannot be ignored I will have an close eye thought..

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Well, the realm vs realm style (or faction against other factioin) really appeals to me. Graphics are great (though I don't really like the damage indicators floating up from each hit... makes it looks like an Arcade game).

Angels/Demons?

Love it.

If this game pans out I'll drop L2 in a heartbeat.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    Hopefully the Faction vs. Faction will be fun. I really like FFA for Lineage 2 but will try Aion out with the Faction vs. Faction (plus I want those wings ).

• sundaysoulboysundaysoulboy Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Kharmed
    On a side-note Aion looks very nice I suppose there using the new unreal engine which pleases me to no end :).
    I heard the music and it's excellent just perfect still don't know about the gameplay or instancing which are two major aspects that cannot be ignored I will have an close eye thought..

As i stated above it uses the 'Cry' engine by crytek (as used in farcry). Gameplay wise it uses a chain skill system whereby one ability opens up another. Example; You can stun with 1 move, which allows you to use another to knock them down. Once floored a finishing move will open up that does huge damage while they are grounded. Nice!

Waiting For;
    Aion
    Warhammer Online
    Darkfall
    Project Offset

• titandude36titandude36 Member Posts: 19
    omg this game is sooooooooooooooooo awesome im goin to die if i dont try this game
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by titandude36
    omg this game is sooooooooooooooooo awesome im goin to die if i dont try this game

Your poll is featuring Released and highly informed MMO's we don't know much about Aion yet...

• cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21

as long as the pvp goes well ill be pretty happy ;)

• L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240
    would be cool if you could fight in mid-air against enemies or other players 

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    I'm very intrusted in this. I like the fact there are these kinda like over the top very graphical moves. Not to meantion flying wins all.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Hmmmm,stun moves that actually knock people over and allow for super-damage stab moves? I.e- knock people down,actually? And decent graphics also?

Well,to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. If NCSoft can make an easy-to-use control system,this game would be worth my time. I just hope the PvP is fun too; I can imagine battles of decent quality here.

Oh and flying.....well,it sure makes FlyFF look meek all of a sudden. However,no indication of flying combat; not that it matters,but decently-placed flying combat would be a bonus. It'd remind me of the old MU videos I used to watch,except maybe I could actually get to that point in Aion.

Most impressive thing I've seen from NCSoft so far.

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    this game is a must try. i hope theres tons of items, more than wow =D
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Holy sh!t.. that looks awesome
  • LaunvatarLaunvatar Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 127

oops.. double post

ROTFLTHTSASTCMMMWIATIHEPMASCTPATTMTMHAAOTIYFYSFPOSWYLJTMMLTMYB

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Too Hard To Stop And Scaring The Cat, Meanwhile My Mom Walked In And Thought I Had Eaten Poisonous Mushrooms And She Called The Paramedics And They Took Me Too Mad House And All Of This Is Your Fault You Stupid Fathead Piece Of **** With Your Lame Jokes That Make Me Laugh This Much You Bastard

• LaunvatarLaunvatar Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 127

this is

I N C R E D I B L E

ROTFLTHTSASTCMMMWIATIHEPMASCTPATTMTMHAAOTIYFYSFPOSWYLJTMMLTMYB

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Too Hard To Stop And Scaring The Cat, Meanwhile My Mom Walked In And Thought I Had Eaten Poisonous Mushrooms And She Called The Paramedics And They Took Me Too Mad House And All Of This Is Your Fault You Stupid Fathead Piece Of **** With Your Lame Jokes That Make Me Laugh This Much You Bastard

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Looks good, but I dont like the arcade style combat - kinda button mashing it seems to be.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    Looks good, but I dont like the arcade style combat - kinda button mashing it seems to be.

From what I've read you use skills which open up the opportunity to use other skills, and it continues on like a chain. I don't see how you could really button mash in that case.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    From what I've read you use skills which open up the opportunity to use other skills, and it continues on like a chain. I don't see how you could really button mash in that case.

Its really hard to say from the footage, I would have to play the game to say for sure. But what I meant by button mashing is a diablo-style gameplay, where you have a fairly limited number of skills, and out of those skills, you would use just a few, like 2, 3 or maybe 4 skills. That would force player to basicaly use only those select "best" skills, thus resulting in continuous button-mashing to minimize time delay between skill recycle. In contrast, WoW has a HUGE range of skills, some share same recycle time, some have their own. In WoW's case just using the "best" skill is not viable since each skill is "best" for certain situations, thus resulting in much more fluid and varied gameplay - you dont just use 1 or 2 skills repeatedly, but rather use a much broader range of them, depending on the situation.

It looks like a button masher, but looks can be deceiving.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Real nice. And to think I found out about Aion by making a 14-day trial at City og Villians. Since that day(about 1 week ago ) I've been reading and watching everything about it. If it's what they say it will change the face of MMO's forever.
  • mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

I'm not sure how you'll be button smashing this game in the first place.  The game is played WASD just like WoW, if you just sit ur ass and button smash all day you'd die quick...

And by the way, I am definitely impressed with how fluid the characters move...

Sorry for the WoW fanboys but...Aion looks like a winner to me...Of course we'll have to wait and see, but after WoW's success I'm pretty sure Kim isn't so stupid as to hand over the top MMORPG company title to a newcomer like Blizzard. 

Blizzard had battleNet, but a reall MMO?  WoW is their first.

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!