Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

N Korea threatens U.S with "annihilating strike and a nuclear war"

gamertag - Swaffle House

Comments

• FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321

I wonder why bush & company went looking so hard for a military conflict in iraq when they could have waited for an ACTUAL threat to fall in their laps. ::::07::

-- I need a nerf --

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    ...I would have just said the same thing as the OP. My god. 

Joined - July 2004

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    I hope both sides realize their responsibility here and act accordingly.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

after all the bombings, wars and conflicts between nation the american government has cause it was only a matter of time before it came back to bite them in the ass.Every great civilisation or nation has been defeated eventually and america is no different,if the america government keeps up these bully tactics eventually someone will come along and kick theyre ass,and i for one wont shed a tear.

p.s America is about to get owned.

Originally posted by ronan32

after all the bombings, wars and conflicts between nation the american government has cause it was only a matter of time before it came back to bite them in the ass.Every great civilisation or nation has been defeated eventually and america is no different,if the america government keeps up these bully tactics eventually someone will come along and kick theyre ass,and i for one wont shed a tear.

If this breaks loose I can assure you that it's not only the USA that is getting owned.
  • ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    I have no doubt if this world is to be destroyed, it will be because of the american government,it makes ur people look like idiots that you voted in a madman as your president.

I have no doubt if this world is to be destroyed, it will be because of the american government,it makes ur people look like idiots that you voted in a madman as your president.

Refering to me? If so. Fyi I'm not american, not even close.
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Don't expect a nice reply from a post like that. As for my views, I expect those to be just "bully-boy tactics". Sure they may have the know-how and the technology to launch a missile at a neighbouring country, but would they really want to? How many nuclear capable countries are feeling threatened by North Korea, a good half dozen right?

If they even came close to launching a missile, the UN would sit on their hands as usual, but the "axis of good" would be on North Korea like flies on shit.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Because we all know that Ireland has had nothing but a peaceful and blissful past. I wonder what the property value is on that glass house you live in.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

First off all, the nukes Korea says they have can be easily shot down, they are not very advanced. Secondly N. Korea and America have always been going back and forth at each other but noone ever does anything. Same situation here.

P.S. When it comes to nukes U.S. owns all.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

Originally posted by seabass2003

When it comes down to nukes, the first one to launch owns all.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Originally posted by Anageth

How many nukes do you think N. Korea has? I'm not sure but I guarantee its less than the U.S. has. For every 1 they have I am confident we have at least 10.

U.S. NUKES OWN ALL!

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

How many nukes do you think N. Korea has? I'm not sure but I guarantee its less than the U.S. has. For every 1 they have I am confident we have at least 10.

U.S. NUKES OWN ALL!

Wasn't it said that five nukes, all detonated at the same time, would ultimately throw enough dust in the sky that it would be an ecological disaster? Who cares if you have 3 or 300, it's still a deadly weapon.

You'r stunning intellect shows through here. You'd like to see America "get owned" (glad to see Global Nuclear Threats are a game to you) just out of spite? Well, let's visit your logic and see how fast your potato loving little island would last in the grand scheme of things if N. Korea were to launch at the U.S.

Does N. Korea possess the nuclear capability to wipe the U.S. off the global map? No, sheer land mass alone would present them a problem there. Sure, they could fire off a couple good shots at key sites (and hope everything hits since no one truly knows what ICBM counter-measures are in place). The U.S. could and most likely would retaliate. This is one place where I will gladly concur that the U.S. won't bother to wait for U.N. sanction to react, nor should we since the U.N. would only get the vote out in 2020 whether they should all gather to vote about reactions.

Does the U.S. possess the nuclear capability to wipe N. Korea off the map? Yup, just about every square inch. It'd be genocide for the N. Koreans. Not that I would expect THEIR "madman" to graps that.

Now let's just rule out the U.S. reactings with nuclear capabilities. I think at that point we'd just give Japan and S. Korea a nod and let them at it. Both countries are none too fond of N. Korea and both are quite capable of devouring them militaristically in a short time.

But, alas, the sleeping ogre, China. Any reaction would most likely get China to react. Truth be told if China goes to war you can say hello to WWIII. No matter how you want to state your views on American Policy we would not have started WWIII, N. Korea would with the first shot. Now it WWIII enuses that other island to the west of you, you know it, England, is going to be involved. Guess what THAT means for your little Potato-land? You're involved now. Unless the IRA runs around bombing some more cars to prove their point in some protest to the governments reactions, who knows.

The U.S. has been beaten in conflicts before, even if many Americans don't want to admit it. Did that make us hide in a corner, no. 65 years ago we saw what a devistating attack on our soil did to galvanise our country. 5 years ago we saw what a major terrorist attack did to our resolve. If N. Korea were to "nuke" us it would probably be the worst possible imaginable thing for our enemies. Right now we're a country devided in debate. That'd go out the window pretty fast. Why do you think Osama and Al-Queda haven't pulled off a dirty bomb or nuclear strike on U.S. soil? They have the capability no matter how people want to ignore it. But even Osama isn't stupid, he realises that there's probably be some really quite neighborhoods in the Middle East for the next 75-100 years.

But, really, it's good to see that our of spite you want to see 100,000s of people die in nuclear assaults. It's good to see your OWN countries history has taught you anything. And it would be nice for you to figure out that it's the attitude that YOU have just showed that keeps the U.S. going with it's "Who gives a shite what they say" mentallity.

I'm not sure what's worse in the long run... Bullies being the spokespeople for their country, or morons.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

Malachi1975. He is living in Ireland and not in Northern Ireland .

I think you can say that it's 100% sure that this isn't going to happen. You can say what you want about both sides, but they aren't stupid.

U.S. NUKES OWN ALL!

Wasn't it said that five nukes, all detonated at the same time, would ultimately throw enough dust in the sky that it would be an ecological disaster? Who cares if you have 3 or 300, it's still a deadly weapon.

I am not sure about that. I know that one good sized nuke going off is messy for the environment period, but I think sometimes people put a little too much emphasis on the power of man over this planet in the long run. I live in Las Vegas which is probably the most radioactive state in the U.S. ( between the mass amounts of nuclear testings, the waste dumps, and the little green men and their versions of S.U.V.s  )

I think it would take more than 5 multi-megaton warheads going off to kick up that much dust. Meteor strike fears have them ranging in at 100s of warhead strengths and even they only have the theorised capability to kick up enough dust to cover half the atmosphere.

In the end though, you're right. It's messy. Hence why no one has used anything of the sort since WWII (and the models everyone sports now are extremely upgraded as we all know). Like I said in my admonishment of Capt. Own-The-US above, though. The deadlier weapon would be the war ensuing after any launch. It would result in genocide for the N. Korean people and massive scale global war after that.

Originally posted by Phoenixs
    Malachi1975. He is living in Ireland and not in Northern Ireland .

I guessed that much by looking up the Google Map, but I was using the general statement to show him that it's just as stupid to assume all Americans deserve this. the 50 states are just as diverse as N. and S. Ireland ;)

I think you can say that it's 100% sure that this isn't going to happen. You can say what you want about both sides, but they aren't stupid.

I'd like to say with 100% certaintly that it's not going to happen. I agree, it is stupid. Personally, I think China themselves might slap N. Korea around and say "Would you stop drawing attention over here already, kid!". I think the fear isn't intelligence as it is insanity. Bush may not be the best president we've ever had (and really we ain't had one of those in a LONG time) but Ole' Jong-il ain't playing with a full deck.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if we let MacAuthur play out part of what he wanted 50ish years ago instead of firing him ;)

• robbykl1415robbykl1415 Member Posts: 294
    Look at all this S*** that everone is talking about.  U.S. would own or North Korea or whoever nuked first, blah blah blah.  STFU.  Thats the reason why S*** like this happens in the first place, cause us as Americans think we are so much better then the rest of the world.  The OP was not about who would win in a nuke war or anthing like that.  This is just another terrorism tactic that the gov is going to use to controlle the population.  Nothing will happen.  And the article was not about who would win or that North Korea was this "bad" country.  All NK said was that they would strike back if we lauched a nuke at them.  Is that so bad to say?  I mean really, would any of you do differenty?  All they were saying was the truth.  Not threating or anything.  So don't do what the gov wants you to do and overreact and become all patriotic and back America in another useless war agaisnt NK or anyone else.  So just stop being stupid and say who would  own who in a nuke war.  In a nuke war everyone looses.  And maybe the "Great United States" will be the last one standing but the earth will be inhabital, so in the end we all lose.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.-
    Frank Zappa

Originally posted by robbykl1415
    Look at all this S*** that everone is talking about.  U.S. would own or North Korea or whoever nuked first, blah blah blah.  STFU.  Thats the reason why S*** like this happens in the first place, cause us as Americans think we are so much better then the rest of the world.  The OP was not about who would win in a nuke war or anthing like that.  This is just another terrorism tactic that the gov is going to use to controlle the population.  Nothing will happen.  And the article was not about who would win or that North Korea was this "bad" country.  All NK said was that they would strike back if we lauched a nuke at them.  Is that so bad to say?  I mean really, would any of you do differenty?  All they were saying was the truth.  Not threating or anything.  So don't do what the gov wants you to do and overreact and become all patriotic and back America in another useless war agaisnt NK or anyone else.  So just stop being stupid and say who would  own who in a nuke war.  In a nuke war everyone looses.  And maybe the "Great United States" will be the last one standing but the earth will be inhabital, so in the end we all lose.

You know, I agree with you really. Despite even my bravado when people spout off crap about the U.S. the whole thing WOULD be stupid. The only thing I want to correct you on is what I highlighted. N. Korea did not say they would launch a nuclear strike if we launched one at them first, they said they would launch an "annihilating nuclear strike against ANY pre-emptive strike". This could mean something as small as sending a few planes over their airspace, something they have been screaming about for years whether or not it's actually happening.

In short the threat is "Even so much as knock on our door too loud and we're going to nuke away." That's just...daft.

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Dear Nerds,

Stop reading only the headlines and, read the article.

Sincerely,

Your mom.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Originally posted by Rufius

Dear Nerds,
    Stop reading only the headlines and, read the article.
    Sincerely,
    Your mom.

Dear 0yr old,

I quote from a section of the article, "Pyongyang accused the United States of driving the situation on the Korean Peninsula "to the brink of war," and said it is fully prepared to counter any U.S. aggression." If you read this thread, this is what we are discussing.

Sincerely,

Anageth.

• janjansonjanjanson Member Posts: 201

I think the NK rulers does this occasionally to make their people feel patriotic and feel good about being under their regime that protects them so well.  Like one time at school this bully I hated punched this guy who was giving me some sh*t, and even though he was a bully (2yrs older) I just couldn't help feeling grateful to him, it was wierd, a total head f*ck.

I don't think we have to worry about NK just yet, maybe in a few years time.

"Oh no noh Hans Bliks!" - Team America

• kris1111kris1111 Member Posts: 8
    hahahaha

• NimuelNimuel Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Kris1111...

dude you'r signature is bigger than the actual freaking thread... You might want to consider changing to a smaller picture...

I'm pretty sure there's a rule about the size of those things somewhere...

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration - courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth." - Henry Mencken

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

"And what would you do with a brain if you had one?" - Wizard of Oz

• kris1111kris1111 Member Posts: 8
    there now my signature is smaller...