Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best dueling class on Albion

I am starting DAOC, what would be the best dueling class on Albion?  I want to do good at RVR but i more concerned about beating people 1v1. 

Thanks

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Duels really do not happen in DAOC.  I mean you can consentually duel a member of your own realm because you want to, but there are no rewards for it.  People do it for practice or to good around. 

In RvR you will very rarely have 1 on 1 battles.  Even if it starts that way, chances are someone will come by soon and get involved. 

The best chance you have for one on one battles would be if you played an Infiltrator.  Assassin classes either go solo, duo, or group.  So, if you are interested in dueling one on one in some type of melee, this will be your best chance. 

However, you will find far less frustration playing a Scout.  Not exactly set up for a duel, they are far better solo and groupers than assassin classes. 

• Thawolf878Thawolf878 Member Posts: 36
    Well, me and two other friends just bought the game, were always dueling each other to see who is better so i want a class thats going to be good 1v1

• pwncoreypwncorey Member Posts: 56

Arms/Merc for tank
    Minst/Friar/Reaver for hybrid
    Fire Wizzy/Sorc/Cabby/Theurg for casater

^
    yes i realize i named nearly all the classes
    which means they all have their benefits

• OttomarOttomar Member Posts: 26

A good melee heretic can beat most other melee classes. Reavers and friars are very tough too.
    It all depends on what you enjoy really, there are benefits with all classes as someone before me stated.

Tanks:

Mercenary: Hard hitting meleer with a few tricks up his sleeve
    Friar: Staff wielding class with self buffs, high evasion and weapon styles that heals him/others.
    Reaver: Hybrid tank with spells and nice positional weaponstyles.
    Armsman: Pure tank wih ability to use polearm (and other weapons ofc). Lots of health etc.

Rogues:

Infiltrator: Assassin with ability to use poison, stealth and critical strikes.
    Minstrel: King of versatility. Has songs and "spells" to help him. Can stealth and melee aswell.
    Scout: Bow using assassin.

Casters:

Sorcerer: One of the best soloing classes in albion. Lots of versatility but low health.
    Wizard: Fire, earth or ice spells... :) Nasty nuker
    Cabalist: Caster with pet. Can be very dangerous when played correctly.
    Theurgist: Very versatile. Casts temporary pets among other spells.

Other:

Necromancer: PvE god of Daoc. Can take down other classes too but is best used for PvE where they really, really shine.

Heretic: A hybrid with option to be meleer or caster. Nice solo class on classic servers.

Tried: Most MMO's, Playing: EQ2