Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LAG

ZythylZythyl Member Posts: 86
After last night's nightly server-down, my character experience massive
lag while walking or running or moving... when stationary, my
character's environment is lag-free; as soon as he starts moving, the
lag kicks in. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Cheers.

------------------------------

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Game On!

Comments

• pg0987pg0987 Member Posts: 57
    I played a little tonight and had no problems.  Not sure what your issues is.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

not sure which server you are on.First thing to do is ask ingame if anyone else has such problems.If its a generic problem its worth posting on the  eq2 forums about it.

If not wait till today's downtime and see.If problem persists try updating your graphics driver.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

That sounds totally video performance related. I would try toning back some video settings and see if something changes.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• couyoncouyon Member Posts: 5
    one of the reasons i stopped playing EQ2 is because of the lag i experianced in the cities,,i could barely move myself.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Even on balanced settings, you should not be getting lag. Just try updating your graphic drivers and make sure you have a decent graphic card and memory at that.

If you got 1gig memory and a $150.00 graphic card, you may suffer from performance still. My advice as stated before by another poster if your still on a single processor.

Get 2gigs memory and at least a $250.00 (nividia oc series or a ati x series graphic card) for your system.