Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicle: BETA TESTERS

A while ago, I searched this site for a game to beta test and finally settled on Rapid Reality's The Chronicle.
Not only is this the most innovative game I've seen, but this is also the most unorthodox company I've ever heard
of! These guys actually listen to the fan base. I'd encourage everyone to go to mmocenter.com and be part of the game design process. If you don't want to drop $20 to join the beta community, you can still have your ideas heard in the forums (which are frequented by the devs).

www.mmocenter.com
p.s. the website doesn't look very appealing because it's the old one. I've seen the new one and it's a LOT better. They just aren't able to release it yet.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    So you pay $20 and you can play the beta?
  • theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by darwa
    So you pay $20 and you can play the beta?

no, you pay to pre-order their service. They plan to release an MMO every few months, and then expand on the popular ones for the community. It's a rather neat idea, except they have no prior design skills, and therefore have taken like a year longer than expected to start ::::15::

I won a beta slot, although I am not holding my breath anymore... especially since MMORPG.com has sent no information about the beta slots since the contest... ::::21::

The company has some nice ideas... whether or not they'll last is another factor entirely

• hm... sounds interesting. but yeah, the gaming industry can be very unstable. Sure, they may listen to the players but will that make them money?

well... i suppose the $20 helps a bit. I'm actually considering to contribute.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

They have currently stopped taking preorders. They said they would start it back up at a later date.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by remyburke
    They have currently stopped taking preorders. They said they would start it back up at a later date.

i'm kind of disappointed in them as a whole. Not because they didn't finish on time, but because they kept pushing how awesome and fast they would be, and that they could do this all so great... then switched engines and decided that everything was now screwed for the next x amount of years. They're just like the Trials of Ascention team... awesome ideas that will never see the light of day ::::15::

Originally posted by ChaoticPasta

A while ago, I searched this site for a game to beta test and finally settled on Rapid Reality's The Chronicle.Not only is this the most innovative game I've seen, but this is also the most unorthodox company I've ever heardof! These guys actually listen to the fan base. I'd encourage everyone to go to mmocenter.com and be part of the game design process. If you don't want to drop $20 to join the beta community, you can still have your ideas heard in the forums (which are frequented by the devs).www.mmocenter.comp.s. the website doesn't look very appealing because it's the old one. I've seen the new one and it's a LOT better. They just aren't able to release it yet.

And yeah, whoever designed their website obviously had never designed a website before ::::15::

• DravenDraven Member UncommonPosts: 29

Even though my development company has never actually made a game before, we are very good and will have an MMO out in 1 year with 18 playable races, full siege warfare, complex political system, cutting edge graphics (screenshots coming soon), bloodlines and an advanced physics engine. Ohh and it will be the largest MMO in existance. Oh and you can also fly on 35 different types of beasts including dragons and pigs. Yes, pigs.

We have the BEST IDEAS of any MMO Development company. Ever. We will be accpeting paypal, visa, MC etc. in a month for pre-orders and will give those people priority when beta starts this fall.

Please stay tuned.

::::12::

Originally posted by Draven
    Even though my development company has never actually made a game before, we are very good and will have an MMO out in 1 year with 18 playable races, full siege warfare, complex political system, cutting edge graphics (screenshots coming soon), bloodlines and an advanced physics engine. Ohh and it will be the largest MMO in existance. Oh and you can also fly on 35 different types of beasts including dragons and pigs. Yes, pigs.We have the BEST IDEAS of any MMO Development company. Ever. We will be accpeting paypal, visa, MC etc. in a month for pre-orders and will give those people priority when beta starts this fall.
    Please stay tuned.
    ::::12::

and your site will be called MMO Axis (as opposed to mmo center...) yes, mwahaha, you are a genius ::::18::::::18::::::18::

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Originally posted by ChaoticPasta
    A while ago, I searched this site for a game to beta test and finally settled on Rapid Reality's The Chronicle.
    Not only is this the most innovative game I've seen, but this is also the most unorthodox company I've ever heard
    of! These guys actually listen to the fan base. I'd encourage everyone to go to mmocenter.com and be part of the game design process. If you don't want to drop $20 to join the beta community, you can still have your ideas heard in the forums (which are frequented by the devs).

www.mmocenter.com
    p.s. the website doesn't look very appealing because it's the old one. I've seen the new one and it's a LOT better. They just aren't able to release it yet.

Apparently they don't listen unless you paid to Beta, and even then according to various Beta testers, they respond by locking your posts.

Read more about this in the Chronicle forum.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh