Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: The Drow

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

It was revealed quite some time ago that the second module for DUngeons and Dragons Online, Twilight Forge, would include a new race. We have also known for quite some time that that race would be Drow elves. Today, we get some statistical information about this new race:

Most Drow choose a life of adventure out of necessity, given the dangers of their homeland. Still, they greatly desire personal power, and many Drow take up the mantle of adventurer seeking to satisfy their ambitions. The majority of Drow follow the evil scorpion-god Vulkoor, though exposure to the cultures of Stormreach has brought a few of them to less malevolent deities.

The elves of Eberron were born on the mysterious southern continent of Xen'drik, where they were slaves of the giant kingdoms. Tens of thousands of years ago, Elf slaves rebelled against their masters. Unlike other Elf races who fled the continent, the Drow stayed behind on Xen'drik. Today most of the Drow live within the ancient giant ruins, hoping to take vengeance on their former masters and to learn the secrets of the giants' long-lost might. The Drow believe that they alone preserve the dignity and valor of the Elf race, dismissing the rebels who fled to Aerenal and their Valenar heirs.

Only recently, a few Drow have allied themselves with foreign-born heroes who have come to Stormreach. Members of the Venomblade tribe led by Elder Durandimon, these skilled warriors, cunning trackers, and wielders of arcane power have joined their might with their new friends to turn back to the tide of evil that threatens both human-dominated cities and the wilds of Xen'drik that the Drow claim as their own.

In order to gain the approval of the drow tribes and access one of their great heroes for your side, you must first prove yourself a hero of renown. To do this, succeed in many of the quests and adventurers located about Stormreach. In each of those, you’ll gain favor that’s noted in your own adventure compendium. You get more favor the more difficult the quest, especially if you dare to accept challenges that are hard or elite. Once you’ve reached a certain amount of favor, the drow will send you a message through Stormreach’s new mail system about the availability of their bravest and strongest.

• +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Also known as dark Elves, Drow are nimble, clever, and magnetic, but physically delicate.
  • Magical Defense: Drow are immune to magic sleep effects, and they gain a +2 saving throw bonus against Enchantment spells and an additional +2 Will save bonus against spells and spell-like effects. Finally, Drow characters begin play with Spell Resistance 11, and this resistance can be increased as the Drow gains levels.
  • +2 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks: A Drow's senses are extremely sensitive.
  • Bonus Weapon Proficiency Feats: Drow are proficient with the rapier, shortsword, and shuriken.

Read it all, here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Dislike the game.... Like drows a lot. I just got confuzzled.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Harafnir

lol

Ahhh Drow hanging with the good races in harmony. Now THAT's D&D.

Joined - July 2004

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156
    ROFLMAO !!!   What a bunch of retards.  Now, in order to play this great new Uber-Race, you will have to repeat *again* all the old, tired, crappy dungeons you have already played through a bazillion times.  Good going, Turbine, on attempting to stretch out your lame, liimited content again.  I wonder when the saps that still play this game will realize what a rip-off it is.  I'm sorry if I offended any of you still paying for this, but jeeze, haven't you had enough yet?
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Sweet, everyone better just reserve their version of "drizzt"!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• jordanclockjordanclock Member Posts: 24
    What? No level adjustment? So we're looking at a race with 3 attribute bonuses and one penalty, spell resistance of 11 plus their level (I assume), and bonuses for certain (popular) saves?

Nasty. Just nasty.

• jordanclockjordanclock Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by remyburke

Originally posted by Harafnir

lol

Ahhh Drow hanging with the good races in harmony. Now THAT's D&D.

Drow in Eberron are actually not that rare like in Forgotten Realms. Still, as I said in my previous post, this could be a very powerful race. Nor are they exactly common in Eberron...
  • uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528
    This is ridiculous!  Drow are way overpowered  to be a player-class!  Warforged would have been, too - except that they nerfed the crap out of them.  3/4 the population is already maxed on at least one character, so 3/4 the population will have drow as soon as they are added - how could anyone refuse?  If they made REAL drow ie. EVIL, then they would be KOS to all non-drow, not allowed in town [Oh, I forgot, there is NOTHING but town!], not served by any shops...perhaps then they would be balanced.  About time Guard Jung earned his pay!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by jordanclock
    Drow in Eberron are actually not that rare like in Forgotten Realms. Still, as I said in my previous post, this could be a very powerful race. Nor are they exactly common in Eberron...

Ahhh I see. Well, in my defense, I stopped playing D&D back in 1994 or so. Played a lot of Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and Ravenloft back in the AD&D days.

Joined - July 2004

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474
    So many other mmorpgs to learn from and they choose the path that panders to the worst aspect of the playerbase.

(remembers their talk of casual players and group development/tactics in beta)

Ah well. This should be expected.......Jedi anyone?