Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I swear I don't know what it is about this game...

NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

I don't know if it's the nostalgia or what, but I can't seem to stay away from this game.  Tomorrow I plan on reactivating my account for the FORTH time.  I don't know why, honestly, but for some reason every time I leave this game within a month I want to come back.  It's not that I've forgotten why I left the first time, it's just that ... well I don't know lol. 

I'm not saying I won't leave again, but I'm back again.

I think SOE and Blizzard are just going to both ban me for constantly flipping back and forth between subscriptions.

...anyone here on Blackburrow server?

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Comments

• nothing2geinnothing2gein Member Posts: 176

I do the same thing.

I think I am going back to WoW because I have less time for MMOs right now and WoW is more casual

EDIT:  no I'm not...I played the trial for WoW and was reminded of why I quit last time.

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336
    Lol, I also do the same. When I get bored of EQ2 I take a break, a few days or a week and go play WoW, if I find myself making too many alts in WoW then I switch back to EQ2. Just in EQ2 I have a guild to fall back on, in WoW I don't. Oh and they won't ban you for playing both games, they don't care as long as your giving them your money, lol. 

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by nothing2gein
    I do the same thing.

I think I am going back to WoW because I have less time for MMOs right now and WoW is more casual

If WoW was casual i would still have my account.Unless u mean lower levels.
  • Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by hercules

I do the same thing.

It still is a casual game for lower levels. I don't know how the raiding part is though.
  • nothing2geinnothing2gein Member Posts: 176

I do the same thing.

Yeah I meant the lower lvls. I've only gotten to 50 and by then I am sick of the game.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Takata5

I do the same thing.

It still is a casual game for lower levels. I don't know how the raiding part is though.

Yeah at 60 its raid galore and sad part not fun raids if you look beyond the items.Apart from ZG and maybe to some extent MC the rest raid zones are very uninspiring-BWL and AQ.

Another thing is raids there are 40 men which means you need to raid very regularly and a lot to have enough dkp to "buy" an item.

I did this and lucky for me i moved guilds  from a MC capable one to a pre MC guild that formed(this was a while ago though).The new guild was an old EQ1 and DAoC guild and till i left it was solid and finished MC,ZG and we were doing BWl and AQ(left just as AQ opened).

But it took me loads of dkp to even win a single item to the sheer number of players ans frequency of drops.

But i am thankful because my old guild collapsed(a common thing in WoW) after the guild leader and his friends(MT included) geared themselves in epics and then gave a "fook u " sign to rest of guild haha.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

WoW was fun til Blizzard decided that endless rep grinding and mind-numbing raiding was The Fun Thing To DO at 60.  Basically, WoW becomes like EQ1 at 60, if you don't raid there is no point in playing anymore.  They refuse to add non-raid content for some reason.  In patch 1.10 they said it was for the casual non-raiders, but it was a joke.  A series of quests that require large sums of gold, grinding and items from every profession (which require more gold).  There are some Raid Guilds that gave up on doing the "casual" quests!  It was easier for them to get the epic raid loot than the dungeon loot sets. 

EQ2 almost had me last year.  I quit 2 weeks after its release (for WoW) because despite prettier graphics it was an EQ1 grind fest.  Months later I get an email for a Free 7 Day Trial for former players to see all the improvements.  Well heck, I can afford free so I gave em a shot.  You know what?  I actually *did* enjoy EQ2!  Subscribed for 1 month after my free week and began working on my monk and necromancer.

Then the "combat upgrade" hit....

I cancelled 3 days later and uninstalled.  SOE sure has a knack for borking up things when they were going good.  I'm sure many SWG players would agree with that. 

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357
    I doubt you'll find too many people who still play EQ2 who think the game was better before the combat revamp.  It's pretty much general concensus at this point that the revamp was a good thing.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344

Originally posted by Nihilanth

I don't know if it's the nostalgia or what, but I can't seem to stay away from this game.  Tomorrow I plan on reactivating my account for the FORTH time.  I don't know why, honestly, but for some reason every time I leave this game within a month I want to come back.  It's not that I've forgotten why I left the first time, it's just that ... well I don't know lol. 
    I think SOE and Blizzard are just going to both ban me for constantly flipping back and forth between subscriptions.

Hehe, I have done the same thing. I think I am also on my forth reactivation. I have also just canceled, but only due to summer vacation.
    I will reactivate, but if Age Of Conan is out after my vacation then no. lol
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Member Posts: 154
    Also same!  For variety, I've been alternating between EQ2 and CoV.  Don't see the point of playing two fantasy sword-and-sorcery games.  EQ2 and WoW have their differences, to be sure, but not enough to garner my interest in both.
  • Ashen7Ashen7 Member Posts: 10

I doubt you'll find too many people who still play EQ2 who think the game was better before the combat revamp.  It's pretty much general concensus at this point that the revamp was a good thing.

I got EQ2 when it came out, and played it for about 3 months. I tried it again the other day and was very disappointed at how much it has changed....I thought it was fine before....
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Ashen7

I got EQ2 when it came out, and played it for about 3 months. I tried it again the other day and was very disappointed at how much it has changed....I thought it was fine before....

If you thought it was fine before, why leave after only 3 months.

The general consensus is that EQ2 is way better now than it was at release.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

I suggest you find multiple MMOs to play, as many on this thread have. I play EVE online when I'm tired of other games, it's flexible skill system allows you to just start training and walk away or go to bed. World of Warcraft bored the heck outta me, but I might try it again once the expansion is released just to see the new content and the one or two months it'll last.

SWG WOULD have been an option, but I'm not even sure what they're trying to do with it now... it's like they're still beating a dead horse to kill it more o.O. I don't blame the publisher SOE, I blame the stupid development team ^_^.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Plasuma!!!

I suggest you find multiple MMOs to play, as many on this thread have. I play EVE online when I'm tired of other games, it's flexible skill system allows you to just start training and walk away or go to bed. World of Warcraft bored the heck outta me, but I might try it again once the expansion is released just to see the new content and the one or two months it'll last.

SWG WOULD have been an option, but I'm not even sure what they're trying to do with it now... it's like they're still beating a dead horse to kill it more o.O. I don't blame the publisher SOE, I blame the stupid development team ^_^.

I don't blame the dev team for the full term abortion that SWG has become.  Those poor guys and gals are no more than code monkeys drawing a paycheck.  It's the tools up above them, making dingbat decisions, trying to pull in the WoW-esque playerbase that are too blame.  Nevermind Lucas and his pillaging of a once beloved franchise.  At least the X-wing vs Tie Fighter knock off that is Jump to Lightspeed is still pretty fun, so if ever I get bored of EQ2, and need a break, I can go blow stuff up.  Though, if Eve ever got a bit more action oriented, I'd pick that back up, superior space sim that it is.
  • WombaWomba Member Posts: 35

I played about 15 months and took 3 breaks from Eq2 and then i snapped. I just went and grabbed everything from my room and sold em + horse and gave 35plat to guildmember and to stop coming back i finally deleted my characters and uninstalled

Now i have been mainly testing allkind of trials and nothing grabs like Eq2 did...

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Yep.

I started the game when it first released.  Didn't like it and soon quit.

Returned after all the changes and liked it, but I think I grew bored of just PvE.

If I return, it would be to a PvP server.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• RomokoRomoko Member Posts: 95
    are the PvP servers real bad?? i like the whole PvP but not if it's a free for all and u get ganked every ten seconds... are there still reasonable ppl out there?

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191
    World PvP is going to make a return in WoW next patch. Will be interesting to see if it's good enough for me to come back. When they released the BG's I gave up.