Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye Eve

natasnatas Member Posts: 135

I have had 3 years of good and bad times in eve. But it is time to move on.

I fell asleep last night with my guy docked doing nothing...

I wake up this morning and what do i get.

user Towmater is banned 
Last Login: 2006.06.29 02:12
Number of Visits: 470
Reason: EULA Violation - macro use
Ban lifted on: Permabanned

Now mind you i was docked and i do not ever mine....so wtf

The gm's have been on crack lately..then again they have allways been suckin the crack pipe.

I also had a gm steal and char from my account a long time ago over a year ago. He claimed the person he transfered it to had proof it was ebayed to him. Am i the only 1 who sees the irony in that last statement.

I believe he transfered the char to himself. But thats only my opinion not nessarly fact.

Anyways im done the game was going in the wrong direction for me personaly anyways.

Mooooo™

Comments

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189
    Aw that blows  sorry to hear that must be realy sh&t to lose a 3 year old character. Dont you want to petition it I mean GMs are only human.
  • natasnatas Member Posts: 135

Just for info the banned char was fairly new not a vet char.

The vet char will be ...How shall i say this......Recycled for cash.

Mooooo™

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by natas

Can I have your stuff?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

Can I have your stuff?

Not unless your a GM.......

Mooooo™

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975
    Thanks for your post.  I've been contemplating getting back into Eve for a while now and this BS gives me good reason to stay away.

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383
    Something more than a little fishy about this thread. Probably the fact that, while macros are a violation, CCP doesn't ban for macro-mining. If you don't believe me fly around Metropolis high-sec for a while and see how many are there and have been for months, there's 35-40 just in 1 group pushing 8 months old.

That you would have 2 major issues with your account and not have petitioned either of them stretches credulity even further.

Even if that's the case there's also the griefer thread on this board, too.  I originally left the game because about half of the game's content was for an area with non-consentual PvP and primarily dominated by people fighting with a strong advantage (doing it as a group, having a nice T2 ship with T2 gear, whatever).

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

user Towmater is banned 

The GMs in EVE do fairly thorough checking before banning people for macroing (hence why the same groups of macroers have been seen for months before getting banned).

What you are is a macroer who got caught. I'd say sorry to see you go, but I'm not.

Good riddance.
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I like how his user name was stolen from a character in the movie "Cars" that was just released on the theater..

yet he claims its 3 years old, or is this is a new character..or by some stretch he has some witt and came up with that name before the guys ad pixar created larry the cable guys character for the movie?

just an observation

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

In my work every day i find so many Stupid people, That the last 2 posts very well shows stupidity is not inherent to bus riders. "Yes im a bus driver"

No matter what you think i have done my job i have saved at least 1 person from re-upping an eve account

I understand your denial of what is what. I was just like you, I towed the party line.

Attack the attacker only im not attacking im running.

Get out from in front of the computer before its to late,- Look deep into your soul and say WTF am i doing here in la la land wasting my life staring at this idiot box.

Now what game can i play next

Mooooo™

• RomokoRomoko Member Posts: 95
    yeah, Rayx0r... you  might be on to something... but never the less, srry to see a fellow EVE player leave. good luck on you next MMO...

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189

To Mylon

Every mmo has griefers mate.

To Natas

Good luck with you next game

ps. what u going to do with your stuf mate?

• LasraikLasraik Member Posts: 170

Someone got caught cheating

If you weren't cheating then petition it.

• TreborLockeTreborLocke Member Posts: 72

user Towmater is banned 
    The gm's have been on crack lately..then again they have allways been suckin the crack pipe.
    I also had a gm steal and char from my account a long time ago over a year ago. He claimed the person he transfered it to had proof it was ebayed to him. Am i the only 1 who sees the irony in that last statement.
    I believe he transfered the char to himself. But thats only my opinion not nessarly fact.
    Anyways im done the game was going in the wrong direction for me personaly anyways.

I find a few things wrong with this.  Firstly is that you've been with the game since the beggining and have NOT petitioned to have your account reinstated.

Second, CCP is a little more proper so the fact user is lowercase is a bit off along with the fact you're missing a :.  So, before you give the excuse of that you typed it in, why not copy the whole statement in so we can actually believe it?

If my character was banned for cheating and I wasn't cheating I'd be a little more ticked off, I'd be flaming angry.  I'm sorry sir, but I think you're just someone trying to hurt the good reputation EVE actually has.

(1997) UO --> EQ -> Runescape -> DAoC -> WoW -> EVE + WAR (2008)

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

user Towmater is banned

Nobody gets banned for macroing so fast. Also, everyone who I know or heard of who actually got banned (from game or forums be it for a few days to permanently) deserved it. IF you have been wronged, then I am sure that you could iron out the problem by contacting a senior GM or directly CCP.
    But if the game started to bore you anyways, consider it a lucky coincidence, and motivation to quit playing and do something more constructive with your time :)

Originally posted by Mylon
    Thanks for your post. I've been contemplating getting back into Eve for a while now and this BS gives me good reason to stay away.
    So somebody posts crap on the forums and you take his subjective view of the situation as fact without looking further? Hmm, and there I go wonder how the masses can be so easily manipulated.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

First ban for macro abuse is a temp ban, so you either got one before or you are lying.

Either way, this topic is redundant trolling.

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Lasraik

We have a winner!!

Honestly though, if you're leaving... the "your stuff" situation... how do you plan on giving it all to me?

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by SobaMan

Originally posted by Lasraik

We have a winner!!

Honestly though, if you're leaving... the "your stuff" situation... how do you plan on giving it all to me?

Sif Sobaman, his stuffs mine... hope theres some gistii in there ^_^ him getting banned for macroing and all... I would ashume he could afford the best of the best...

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

Originally posted by Stumpy26

To Mylon
    Every mmo has griefers mate.
    To Natas
    Good luck with you next game
    ps. what u going to do with your stuf mate?

Sold it all on ebay...now i can buy that Harley i wanted.

Mooooo™

Originally posted by TreborLocke

user Towmater is banned 

I find a few things wrong with this.  Firstly is that you've been with the game since the beggining and have NOT petitioned to have your account reinstated.

Second, CCP is a little more proper so the fact user is lowercase is a bit off along with the fact you're missing a :.  So, before you give the excuse of that you typed it in, why not copy the whole statement in so we can actually believe it?

If my character was banned for cheating and I wasn't cheating I'd be a little more ticked off, I'd be flaming angry.  I'm sorry sir, but I think you're just someone trying to hurt the good reputation EVE actually has.

Listen fanboi....I never said the account that got banned was 3 years old duface...lol

I said....nm look and read. Reading is fundamental

In fact it was less than 1 month old.

And its missing WHAT?? a :.   Here you log on and tell me wtf its missing....NOT.

Acct name  Towmater  pw 6666

I feel i can post this because the account is banned and no personal info can be had .

So go login and see that the info i posted was correct...then keep it to your self i dont need your conformation of my knowing what happened.

And btw i was angry but not for to long, Just long enough to go see Cars again with the kids. Then see how much fun i can have away from Eve and with my Family.

Also i sence that you think i quoted an email i got from CCP..Since i didnt make that clear ill forgive you and not call you stupid or dumb or whatever.

The quote was from eve login screen thats the window that pops up and tells you your F*****:o)

Mooooo™

Dude, you need to be more careful with what you share here.  I logged in using the info you just shared and already I have your exact street address and name. Anyway, I changed the password and sent you the new PW in a PM so you can repost that if you really wanna share this kind of info.

Originally posted by Mylon
    Dude, you need to be more careful with what you share here.  I logged in using the info you just shared and already I have your exact street address and name. Anyway, I changed the password and sent you the new PW in a PM so you can repost that if you really wanna share this kind of info.

Yadda yadda yadda...yeah what they going to do send me a letter spam the mailman.

Relax its all good.

Retired Eve lover natas

Mooooo™

• tennotsukaitennotsukai Member Posts: 26

Sorry, but this post is BS ..

A few little points that need to be addressed.

First, GMs don't issue a permaban straight away for macro use.. They spend a long time investigating trhe situation first, then issue the ban. This can take several weeks or even months, depending on the situation.

However, they will do an insta ban of e-bay accounts and isk seller accounts.. 

Next, you make an implication against the GM's saying that one stole a character off your account, and the GM had proof that the character in question had been e-bayed to another player and returned it to that player.

WRONG.

CCP, do not allow e-bay sales... The BAN anyone caught selling stuff via e-bay.. They remove e-bayed accounts.. They even give temp bans to anyone buying items/isk/charcters from e-bay and remove the stuff they bought from their account. So if you but a character from e-bay and get caught.. you lose the character end of story.

Though you do  make an implication that the GM stole it for himself, but you fail to understand that GMs are on a tight leash at CCP and that would cost him his job.. and example was the ISD member that got banned and sacked by CCP for trying to steal a event character. No-one outside of CCP knew of this, but rather then keeping it a secret they publically annouced it, to show the eve community they take a very dim view on GM/ISD corruption.

At the end of the day, the truth is you got caught cheating, and it also sounds like you have been busted buying and selling items on e-bay. And since your a little miffed about it you felt the need to blame CCP for catching you.

EDIT: Just need to add and adjust a few things to make it read a little better.

• UomoDiMerdaUomoDiMerda Member Posts: 5
    > Sold it all on ebay...now i can buy that Harley i wanted.

which one? the die cast 1:32 sportster from mattel?

Originally posted by UomoDiMerda
    > Sold it all on ebay...now i can buy that Harley i wanted.

which one? the die cast 1:32 sportster from mattel?

Actualy the Roadster 1200 yellow and black..got 1200$ made a nice downpayment.

Mooooo™