Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

:( Chaos on Turbines Asheron's Call forums, "Server upgrades" result in MAJOR PROBLEMS

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Supposed downtime for "server and hardware upgrades" has resulted in myself as well and over a hundred other players not being able to connect now for over a week... and if we do actually connect.. we red link and lose connection within 5 to 10 minutes tops.

Almost seven years Turbine has been running AC. The servers were taken down 9 days ago I think now... and the problems and chaos continue. Very patient and devoted player base, but how long will their patience last?

Now, all servers are down with no notice at all. Unexpected crash of the servers it looks like as the forum mods always let us know ahead of time when they are doing scheduled maintenance or taking the servers down to work on them.

9 days now and the problems only seem to be magnifying.

Is this excusable for a 7 year old game client and Turbine who has ran the game for almost 7 years??

- Zaxx

Comments

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by zaxtor99

Wow that sucks. I'm sure Turbine will let players have two free weeks of playtime...

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by Anageth

Originally posted by zaxtor99

Wow that sucks. I'm sure Turbine will let players have two free weeks of playtime..

They better or a whole lot of cancels.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    This is why you use this mystical thing called a "Test Server"  helps get user feed back without ruining the main servers.
  • kahnzkahnz Member Posts: 244
    that is gonna look bad for any new players that downloaded from the D2D recently. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I don't think that will be a big problem since AC has already hit its peak; doubt many new players are joining.
  • Amnesiac07Amnesiac07 Member Posts: 103
    Ouch I feel your pain there.  AC is hovering at about 10k subs too, doubt they can afford snafus of that magnitude.  Good luck!