Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zelda MMORPG

Probably been discussed before but I for one think this would be a very cool theme for an MMORPG, what are your thoughts?

On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!

Comments

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    ...We have enough elf-like cretins running around.

Although I'd imagine it'd be fun being a Goron.

Hm.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    that it obviously won't work. its a singleplayer game. how does it have a good theme for an MMORPG is beyond me.

• xxxmonkxxxxxxmonkxxx Member Posts: 257

How would it "obviously not work", it may be a single player game but I fail to see how you cannot use the theme to turn it into a MMORPG.

On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!

It'd be difficult to integrate the whole "Tri-force" concept if thousands of people are playing... 

Originally posted by xxxmonkxxx

How would it "obviously not work", it may be a single player game but I fail to see how you cannot use the theme to turn it into a MMORPG.

Remove the whole actual game, since it has to be an mmorpg, and you will just get your usual fantasy world we have seen oh so many times now.
    I think you are failing to see my point, I think it would be interesting for an MMO to come out, that uses the creatures and whatnot of the Zelda games. Obviously they would need to come up with some interesting a new ideas to make the game fresh and exciting.

I didn't mean for them to take Zelda : Ocarina of time, make it multiplayer and slap a monthly fee on it, sorry for the confusion.

I think you are failing to see my point, I think it would be interesting for an MMO to come out, that uses the creatures and whatnot of the Zelda games. Obviously they would need to come up with some interesting a new ideas to make the game fresh and exciting.

I didn't mean for them to take Zelda : Ocarina of time, make it multiplayer and slap a monthly fee on it, sorry for the confusion.

oh I get your point. the thing is, everything Zelda has in terms of characters has already been done in other MMO's.

Originally posted by Gameloading

oh I get your point. the thing is, everything Zelda has in terms of characters has already been done in other MMO's.

That's cause Zelda is so badass :D

Oh and also I bet the game would be extremely popular due to just having the name "Zelda", much like what happened with WoW

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    Swords, shields, blah.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Instead of using another franchise...we could come up with a unique idea or two for a MMORPG theme. Just a thought.

/imagines thousands of players shooting grappling hooks at each other with usernames like "link448593" and "IBWN3DZ3LDA"

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Instead of using another franchise...we could come up with a unique idea or two for a MMORPG theme. Just a thought.
    /imagines thousands of players shooting grappling hooks at each other with usernames like "link448593" and "IBWN3DZ3LDA"

That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard... unique idea... what a crock...

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Grappling hooks would be fun, actually...

Like, "You! Get over here!" *ka-chink*

...which sounds awfully familiar...

Mortal Kombat MMORPG anyone?
    You know I just thought of a theme that would be better than Zelda, MEGAMAN! HELL YES DUDE! PEWPEWPEW!!!!

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Look at the themes of most MMORPG games. They're all the same nowadays. Very few games are attempting to break that mold (Fallen Earth comes to mind) right now. I myself like fantasy, but I'm always open to something new.Also to add, I doubt Nintendo would ever even consider making an MMORPG on one of their tried and true franchises.

But...it sure would be badass to see a Mario MMO. Hellz yeah.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386
  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    it would outsell WoW
  • SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by baff
    it would outsell WoW
    Kinda like SWG or Final Fantasy? Or maybe the Matrix? ::::12::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    4 things that will outsell WoW;

Starcraft MMO
    WoW II
    Diablo 3
    Warcraft IV

That's it.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

Originally posted by Cymdai

Starcraft MMO
    WoW II
    Diablo 3
    Warcraft IV

That's it.

Oh look, another Blizzard fanboi. Now go play your precious WoW, hah.

Zelda is the best selling game series ever. Although I have no idea what Zelda looks like, I know what it sells like. I think it's sold 47,000,000+ titles to date. (According to Nintendo).

If they make an MMO, it will sell. It will sell bucket loads and it will outsell WoW. Blizzard isn't the only big name in the gaming industry.

Originally posted by SnaKey

Originally posted by baff
    it would outsell WoW
    Kinda like SWG or Final Fantasy? Or maybe the Matrix? ::::12::

For a long time Final Fantasy was the most populous MMO by far with it's 500,000 subs. It was the WoW or Lineage of it's day.
  • BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Starcraft MMO
    WoW II
    Diablo 3
    Warcraft IV

That's it.

What's wrong with liking blizzards great games? Accually...I'd only Like to see the last 2 and mabey the first one.

Oh, and Starcraft 2?

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Starcraft MMO
    WoW II
    Diablo 3
    Warcraft IV

That's it.

What's wrong with liking blizzards great games? Accually...I'd only Like to see the last 2 and mabey the first one.

Oh, and Starcraft 2?

Nothing wrong with liking their games but when somebody says "The only games that will outsell the current most popular MMORPG ever are ALL blizzard games" they sound like a fanboy.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

I think the OP might be interested in Project Wiki
    http://mmohub.net/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=61

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Make it cell-shaded goodness like Windwaker with some awesome cooperative combat and abilities. Give it that great open exploration and discovery feel that all the great Zelda games have. It could be good.

Remember, if you are playing a Zelda game, it doesn't mean you have to be Link...You would just be a citizen of Hyrule...perhaps having your own unique adventures.

It never ceases to amaze me. People always want to be the uber star of the show.

"I wanna be Neo!...why can't I??"

"I wanna be a Jedi...wwwwhaaaaa!!"

"I wanna play Link and save the universe solo!"

Come on people...Tread your own damn paths.

Joined - July 2004