Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG suggestions for a lady

Hello, well i could no think of better place to ask the above question tbh

My girlfriend want to play a game, but yahoo.games are old news to her, so i had the briliant idea of intoducing her to mmorpg world.

The thing is that she tryied to play LII and after some noob killed her while she was gathering xp, she went depreced and now afraid of mmorpgs.

So could you suggest me a game that would be fun, fun-looking (like rose online i think) , easy to play (shes german btw so if it has german language that would be nice)

btw it has to be free :P

thank you (shes doesn't like EVE-online btw :( )

Comments

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271

Originally posted by robendeca

EVE isn't free, so...? *confused*

Maplestory is free and funlooking

• robendecarobendeca Member Posts: 5
    EVE is what i play, so the tought was whe could play it when i'm at work ^_^

And eve has 14 day trial :P

btw do you have a link for the game you mentioned?

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271
    You have to use IE (not idea why) but here

• robendecarobendeca Member Posts: 5
    ye i got it :P google ftw.

Downloading it as we speak. I also see it's 2D, any 3D someone could suggest?

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Hullolo!

I´m pretty sure that she´d like The Saga of Ryzom.
    It´s trial is free and fun to play, later you´d have to pay for getting to the whole world, but the Trail in is almost a game in itselv

Probierts einfach mal aus, der deutsche Server ist "Leanon" und die deutsche Übersetzung is mittlerweile auch OK Die Community is super!!

CU
    MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Flyff?
    http://flyff.gpotato.com/
    I'm a girl and I love it.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

City of Heroes/Villains. All girls like from costume game...

Honestly, I think it it depends what kind games she would like to play. Does she like from action and fast gaming like City of Heroes/Villains and WoW? Or does she like from slower games like Everquest/DAoC? How important is character look for her? Smack & hit, think & smack or think & think? EvE Online is great game - but not for player who wants to play character...

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

City of Heroes/Villains has the best dressing up system, girls can't fail to enjoy it. There is a German server

There isn't any ganking.

If she like the Matrix movies (a lot) she might enjoy Matrix online, again lots of costume options and gank free servers, very good emote systems. But dire gameplay.

• TorchsingerTorchsinger Member Posts: 12

Keep her away from Fung Wan online.. they think it's funny to kill noobs especially girls :(

(PK penalties they get for doing so are pretty much a joke).

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,264

I recommend one of the cartoony looking games.  Ragnarok Online, FLYFF, ROSE are probably good choices since there are alot more women who play those games; I think its something like 70% male to 30% female which is pretty large proportion for an mmo.

Also she might wanna try >.> <.< ... There >.> No Joel 4.0's right?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    I recommend World of Warcraft. there are german servers for it (with a german client, so the entire game is in german) its the best mmorpg to start in. everything is very basic and nothing is really complicated. play on a pve server and she will have no fear of getting playerkilled.

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Saga of Ryzom has nice, vibrant graphics, a German server, and an unlimited-time free trial. There is little or no PKing on the starting island, Silan, unless she enters the small arena area, which warns that it is a PvP zone and there's usually no one there anyway.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• vqlyvqly Member UncommonPosts: 275

for anybody who has never experienced mmorpgs before, I would always suggest WoW. It's like the gateway drug for mmorpgs.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by robendeca
    Hello, well i could no think of better place to ask the above question tbh

My girlfriend want to play a game, but yahoo.games are old news to her, so i had the briliant idea of intoducing her to mmorpg world.

The thing is that she tryied to play LII and after some noob killed her while she was gathering xp, she went depreced and now afraid of mmorpgs.

So could you suggest me a game that would be fun, fun-looking (like rose online i think) , easy to play (shes german btw so if it has german language that would be nice)

Well...if you ever are willing to go P2P.....

I would highly suggest City of Heroes. From the get-go you have a masssive selection of costumes to choose from and can spend hours just tooling around with the character customization. The world is more on the colorful side and is ligther in theme then your average fantasy MMO. The game is easy to get into and doesn't require you to play 10 hours to accomplish something. Your girlfriend could hop on for just a few hours and have fun while making progress. Another reason I recommend this game is if you ever plan on playing a MMORPG with her, I'd recommend this even more. The class system is designed so that the two of you could play characters with different powers, but are compatible to be a successful two-hero team, which would allow you two to play alone with each other or expand and join up with other players.

• DoutrandeDoutrande Member Posts: 39

Ryzom has the friendliest community I have found in a MMOG so far. As already mentioned the free trial is unlimited and quite nice.

Edit: It also has decent character customization, crafting options, stylish visuals, and "cute odd looking animals", which the "stereotypical female gamer" is supposed to like - you'll have to judge for yourself how well your girlfriend fits into that stereotype of course.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

It’s not free, but I would recommend WoW on a PvE server for someone just starting out in the MMO world.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378

Originally posted by Gameloading
    I recommend World of Warcraft. there are german servers for it (with a german client, so the entire game is in german) its the best mmorpg to start in. everything is very basic and nothing is really complicated. play on a pve server and she will have no fear of getting playerkilled.

lol WoW its not for girls!

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Originally posted by rockin_ufo
    Lol, forums, they're not for children...

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Huh? Since when are MMOs for only certain gender? Of course WoW is for women too.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Well some girls dont really like orcs an taht stuff

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

Really, well I had a good 30-40 women in my guild, they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Ladyluck77Ladyluck77 Member Posts: 12

So... you're an orc? 

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself xD.  Sexism, not fun.

Anywho, as for your gf, I know you want to do a free game, but right now Saga of Ryzom has a trial where you can spend as long as you want on the noobie island, and the noobie island is pretty big.  Otherwise... I'd say you should try FlyFF.  It was pretty fun, I tried it out a little while.

Perhaps Guild Wars?  It's supposedly a CORPG (Cooperative Online Roleplaying Game,) but regardless it's pretty fun, and not very hard to understand so it could be a good stepping stone. Hope you find something for her. 

And forums are not for children.

but why would WoW not be for girls? I met more girls while playing WoW then you did in your entire life.
    Night elves are pretty popular among girls.

And creepy men.

Originally posted by Anageth

And creepy men.

*looks at avatar*

I say no more...