Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Different approach

OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

A little something I never thought I would see, and I must say, I think this Dev should be put in charge for a while to see if he can turn the ship around.

I agree that the crafter quests were put in hastily and not thought through completely, for which I take full responsibility and apologize. I can't do any major changes to it but I could lower the required number of carbines and rocket launchers that the quest need. Is that a change you feel that I should make? I don't want to step on any toes of servers that have already done a lot of turn ins of the higher number. The change I was thinking of would be 5 carbines and 1 rocket launcher.

Niklas "Swede" Johansson
Star Wars Galaxies Game Designer

An admission of a mistake and a quick fix offer all in one and posted on the official boards no less how often do you see that with swg.

Comments

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Unfortunatly, he still doesn't get it. Yes the amounts are high, but what about the Traders that were told to respec to participate? They could have added in Cart Belts, Armor, Uniforms, Wall Segments, Star Ships, Droids, etc... What about Entertainer Quests to heal CS for Commendations? This is just an INCREDIBLY BAD design overall. Wait till you get to run into Restuss to PVP and you hit Invisable Wall after Invisable Wall...

They BLEW it. They KNOW it. Now they're trying to save their butts, but it's too late... I can't WAIT to here about the SD Summit, lol...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Doesn't matter really.

"If you think this is ...." Players don't think, that's your job, do it. Players pay you to do that.

Hastily put in? I don't care. Neither does anyone else. 'Sorry your car fell apart, it was hastily put together" - see the picture?

It takes about 30 seconds to calculate the crafting speed / kill rate vs. required goals. Players did it, and weren't happy. Is that too much to ask?

But the bottom line is, who cares about apology. What makes anyone think this is semi-honest. How many events were gated/broken from the start. The goals were achieved. Why should this be any different. Having to do 350 of something rather than 500 is still the same grind.

This is the problem with credibility, if I cared, I wouldn't believe it. So many times have statements as such been made, that they have zero weight. If they wanted to do something useful, they would have heeded the TC feedback, not made joke about how useless player's contributions were.

But w/e. Some will praise them for contribution, I call it shannanigans. Actions speak louder than words.

SOE admits mistakes, although not frequently. Yet nothing changes.

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

I know but to even admit to part of the mistakes over there is like some one opening a window and letting in some fresh air.. lol wonder if they will end up firing him for that .

If they have admitted to mistakes before then I missed that and apologize for thinking it was completely out of character over there .

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

SOE dosent make mistakes

They make enhancments

They make things Star Warsy

They make things Iconic

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

I give this Dev maybe another few weeks before they can him... Has anyone else ever seen a Dev make comments like this and live to talk about it...

The fact that he admits he made a mistake about the content being hastily added goes to show they have no desire to fix certain professions... Hell the entire event does nothing more than give Jedis a new hilt, and allows others to buy weapons that everyone else can get...

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I give this Dev maybe another few weeks before they can him... Has anyone else ever seen a Dev make comments like this and live to talk about it...
    The fact that he admits he made a mistake about the content being hastily added goes to show they have no desire to fix certain professions... Hell the entire event does nothing more than give Jedis a new hilt, and allows others to buy weapons that everyone else can get...

Xcathdra

Technically Smedley has admitted to making a mistake (with the way they brought in the NGE).  I don't think that they will fire anyone over making a public apology.  Now if he were to tell players that the next step in this huge event wasn't put into the game...then he might be fired.

Btw, this is a perfect example of how the current developers think.  The huge event that they had planned for Summer consisted of new content for combat characters only.  The only reason that they put in any crafting for this was probably because a developer suddenly remembered that they had two classes that weren't meant for combat.