Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lady needs some gaming suggestions!

doLL66doLL66 Member Posts: 19

Alright.  I am big into MMORPG's and need some suggestions for a new one.  I started off in HS playing EQ right after it came out.  Played for about 5 years.  Dabbled in DAOC, couldn't get into it.  Dabbled in City of Villians, was fun but didn't have any sense of heft to it.  Got old quick.  Currently playing WoW. 

Currently I am looking for some new adventure.  The things I enjoy the most in gaming is, of course, PvP, a good story line, and an outlet for creativity whether it be trade skills, questing, etc.  Something that is a break from the common drudgery of nailing levels.

I have been thinking about Guild Wars, but I am not very familiar with the game.  While I see great reviews I have heard some really bad things.  I was also considering playing FF Online, however, it seems that game is difficult to locate.  Also, while perusing and looking up ratings I seen the Neverwinter Nights has a MMORPG?

Any input would be great.  Just want a new adventure to spark my interests!

Comments

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378

Originally posted by doLL66

Alright.  I am big into MMORPG's and need some suggestions for a new one.  I started off in HS playing EQ right after it came out.  Played for about 5 years.  Dabbled in DAOC, couldn't get into it.  Dabbled in City of Villians, was fun but didn't have any sense of heft to it.  Got old quick.  Currently playing WoW. 
    Currently I am looking for some new adventure.  The things I enjoy the most in gaming is, of course, PvP, a good story line, and an outlet for creativity whether it be trade skills, questing, etc.  Something that is a break from the common drudgery of nailing levels.
    I have been thinking about Guild Wars, but I am not very familiar with the game.  While I see great reviews I have heard some really bad things.  I was also considering playing FF Online, however, it seems that game is difficult to locate.  Also, while perusing and looking up ratings I seen the Neverwinter Nights has a MMORPG?
    Any input would be great.  Just want a new adventure to spark my interests

Wrong the ppl ho say bad things about GW nv played the gamego to GW forums an u will c there wrong, FF no way sucks tried it

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    if you want an mmorpg experience, then forget about Guild Wars

it seems you might like Everquest 2.

• doLL66doLL66 Member Posts: 19

It is funny how touchy people get over there games.  Take a breath I was just asking for opinions on the different games.  Unbiased true opinions on the game play will prove to be much more helpful than 'this game sucks' or 'this is the best'.  :)  I can read the other on the forums.

Also, what about Everquest 2?  I am not sure how it is different than the original EQ... anyone try to play it?

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

"a good story line, and an outlet for creativity whether it be trade skills"

Ryzom has that. Won "Best Story" award here on MMORPG.com and is conducive to roleplaying, with a good community. Also has one of the best crafting systems. Consensual PvP in various forms (duels, arena, open Guild vs. Guild in some regions, optional Faction vs. Faction PvP tag, territory control).

Unlimited-time free trial (though limited to starting island) available at ryzom.com. (<- link)

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

It is funny how touchy people get over there games.  Take a breath I was just asking for opinions on the different games.  Unbiased true opinions on the game play will prove to be much more helpful than 'this game sucks' or 'this is the best'.  :)  I can read the other on the forums.

Also, what about Everquest 2?  I am not sure how it is different than the original EQ... anyone try to play it?

Don't worry, rockin_ufo can only reply like an 11yr old. As for your post, I recommend Everquest 2.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

well for one, its more pretty heh. Everquest 2 is basicly a WoW version that has much and much more depth. the crafting is pretty deep too. there is a free trial, altough it might not show a lot about the game because its only the starter island, it might motivate you to buy the full game.

Originally posted by Anageth

Don't worry, rockin_ufo can only reply like an 11yr old. As for your post, I recommend Everquest 2.

Wat that mean replie like 11yr old 11 doesnt mean im not mature???

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by rockin_ufo

Originally posted by Anageth

Wat that mean replie like 11yr old 11 doesnt mean im not mature???

It's ok, you proved my point.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

When is it fine to make of ppl because of there age??

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    If you are thinking of picking up Guildwars. My sagestion to you is that you have it as your secondary game. Don't play it as your main game becuase you'll get bored with it fast. So like after you are tired of playing *insert game here* for the day go and play a little bit of guildwars and you'll actually enjoy both games longer. IMO.

For Final Fantasy XI its a nice game though there is a massive grind. The thing is you'll be in parties after level 10 so chances are you won't notice it that much. If you get some friends to play with you then you'll deffinitly have fun with that game. The PvP isn't good in that game because it really wasn't meant for that type of play.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Post deleted by Katriell. No point in wandering any further off-topic.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

Well, I am seriouslly considering EQ2.  Which is pretty funny considering I always swore I would never play it... but, then again, I said that about WoW.

I'll have to check into it.  I really appreciate everyone's input so far!! (Minus the 11 yr old, jk).  Keep the suggestions coming if there is any other games I should look into.  I know there is one I need to get the trial on..  :) 

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    Yeah, WoW is evil... Getting your friends to play it and then they are like "Oh it changes since closed beta you'll like it." Sadly it did... I personally think closed beta of wow is better then actual WoW.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

I really like WoW, but, I never ran the beta so it could be better.

I was wondering... Does EQ 2 have a compilation of the game and all the current expansion packs?  I Know they grouped them on EQ 1 but I cannot seem to find something similar with EQ2.  Seems scary to but the game and 4 expansions... and you know I have to have all the expansions. ;).

• LeGrayLeGray Member UncommonPosts: 65

if you're not afraid of scifi & space, try eve. It got some refreshing approaches and there are many 14 day trials available.

would also recommend ryzom, but someone was faster ;)

• ServerKingServerKing Member Posts: 14
    Just wait for Gods and Heroes. If you want something free Guild Wars or Silkroad Online.
  • tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

alright..

Ive been dabbling(sp?) in GW for about a month now. And i actually like it. Its meant more for a casual gamer, so i would recommend (like a previous poster) to play it in between mmorpgs or if you would just like to take a break from your current mmorpg. GW definitely would fill your PVP interest (i think.. heh).

Right now.. for the items you said you were most interested in , i would recommend Ryzom, FFXI, and EQ2.
    All good games in there own respect.

Ryzom = very Creative. unique skill based system. nice tradeskills. Some PVP. good community

EQ2 = most hardcore. good but not great tradeskills. well done graphics. (not sure.. because i havent tried it) but i think PVP was implemented. I think they have "PVP servers" but Definitely geared toward PVE just as the original EQ

FFXI = most unique mmorpg experience. pretty scenery. grouping highly encouraged. good community. alright PVP. though NOT main focus.

With all this in mind I think RYZOM would be your best bet.

But a totally PVP oriented, well done PVP has yet to come out with this current crop of mmorpgs.

----------
    nogold.org....

FFXI original? FFXI is THE everquest clone!