Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Questions

TuutobTuutob Member Posts: 607
Well, I am thinking about getting an XB360 and it seems that FFXI is the only MMO on it, so I thought I may give it a shot.

A few questions that I hope to have answered:
Exploration- Any good? Is there a lot of content to be explored without having a quest? Can you jump and swim?
Combat- Is it turn-based or real-time? Any popular MMOs which this games fighting system ca be compared to?
Community- Can XB360 players play on the same servers as PS2 and PC owners? Is it a pretty mature player base?
Role Playing- Im asking a lot but is there any?
Interface- Easy? Accessible in times of stress and confusion?
Addiction- Can it keep me hooked so I will live up to the monthly fee by not buying any other games while I have it?

Thanks!

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

Exploration - Yes it is a very big world to explore.
    Combat - It's a little weird, if you've ever played a FF it's sort of like that.
    Community - Yep you play on the same servers as every other platform
    Role Playing - Yeah I guess? LOL theres Not any real servers dedicated to it but theres aLOT of it that goes on.
    Interface - It's really basicaly alike to the FF type interface.
    Addiction - once you get used to it, it can be, yup.

• LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    Exploration- It's a big game, but i dont find it as easy to explore
    like WoW with out the help of items to hide yourself. But exploring is
    really just for fun in time you can explore all you want with a higher
    level. And no you cant swim or jump.

Combat- You can relate the combat to EQ, because they sort of took the
    idea from EQ. If that doesnt help the only way i can describe it is you
    lock on to a target and hit attack. You will start attacking the target
    at your own pace and it will attack you at its own pace.

Community- Yes Xbox 360, playstation 2, and PC gamers all play on the
    same servers,and  there are lots of servers. And you cant really say
    everyone is mature, some are and some arn't is the best answer i can
    give you.

Role Playing- I dont role play and ive never run into role players, but maybe i just cant tell who they are.

Interface- Some people say its bad but i personaly find it rather easy
    to figure out and use. there are no hotkey buttons for spells but you
    can hotkey things to key commands like Ctrl + 1, 2, 3, ect.

Addiction- If you find cool people this game can get real addictive because you'l have people too party and quest with.

• CavasiaCavasia Member Posts: 3

Exporation- It's breath takig to see the different lands and the way they have been designed. You will never see the same thing twice. Feels so surreal!!! But traveling is not easy at low levels. Once you get chocobo at lvl 20, it gets a lot easier though.

Combat- Combat is just like any other ff11 game, the attack button and then you kill kill kill except, you can do Weapon Skills which depend on your weapon, usually a special attack, and Job Abilities which can do anything from raise attack to any oter attribute you can think of. Also, it is neccessary to have certain jobs in a party which I find unique from any other rpg. So you will actually have a job to do in our party whether it be from tank to damage dealer, or healer to nuker (black mage)

Community- Over everything in this game, the community is what truly holds this game above all. I hav quit this game twice. I came back a month ago and I only stay4ed around because of my newly aquired linkshell. So great community except for your normal idiots who have attitudes.

Role playing- ummm... never role played on this game...

Interface- Once you get it, it is really easy. One of the best things about it is the macros (short keys) that you can create to do just about anything in the game quick and easy.

Addiction- Very addicting. You will want to play it while oyur at school, at work, or any other funtion in your daily life. Sometimes you will miss these things or be late for these things just to play. LOL!! Use caution!!

As you can tell I really enjoy this game. Its not for the crowd that wants to get on, lvl to 100000 really fast with no communication to any others, and then start and do it again. It has so much content and it actually makes you work to get to most of it. Not easy, but very rewarding. With the great community thou, there are plenty of people to help you learn about the deep content of the game, and most of the times they will help you access it!!!