Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RealPlayer Substitute?

NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Is there any program out there, open source and free preferably, that can play RealPlayer Media files other than RealPlayer?  I absolutely hate RealPlayer because of all the bullshit it puts on your system that I never have or ever will use.  It's just extra processes running in the background that I don't need.  The only reason I have it is because some people still insist using RealPlayer files for their media.

So, does anyone know of any RealPlayer substitutes out there so I can get rid of this program once and for all?

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Comments

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Originally posted by Nihilanth

Is there any program out there, open source and free preferably, that can play RealPlayer Media files other than RealPlayer?  I absolutely hate RealPlayer because of all the bullshit it puts on your system that I never have or ever will use.  It's just extra processes running in the background that I don't need.  The only reason I have it is because some people still insist using RealPlayer files for their media.
    So, does anyone know of any RealPlayer substitutes out there so I can get rid of this program once and for all?

I am almost positive VLC Media Player supports Real Player and anything else you throw at it. You might want to get a registry cleaner to help you get rid of all that extra junk you dont need, that real player installed.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?