Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online and Mythic Teaming Up....Uhh Ohhh

http://uo.com/

These are exciting days for MMORPG fans here at EA. With the acquisition of Mythic, the UO team will be working with the creative folks who brought us Dark Age of Camelot and are hard at work on the spectacular-looking Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. I’m thrilled that the UO team and Mythic will work together to forge Britannia’s future.

There is much to talk about with our new partners, and it will take some time to review and finalize our plans. Because we need to take that time, we are postponing the announcement that we were going to make this week. The in-game fiction cycle will take a break for a bit and will return soon. ( refers to an in game event that was suppose to make a huge announcement for the future of uo , storyline is found on stratics)

See you in Britannia,
- Aaron “Darkscribe” Cohen ( current UO producer)

Dont know what to think of this one...

Comments

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318
    I dont understand how EA Can afford to buy Mythic, when they cant even put a new graphics engine into  Ultima Online which still has the same graphics it came out with in 1996. 
  • anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by 7Fold
    I dont understand how EA Can afford to buy Mythic, when they cant even put a new graphics engine into  Ultima Online which still has the same graphics it came out with in 1996. 

Priorities.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    sigh can't EA just let mythic finish WAR in peace.
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    Mmm who knows, maybe with Mythic's RvR experience, they could improve UO's factions.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384

Originally posted by hercules
    sigh can't EA just let mythic finish WAR in peace.

/Agreed
    This is bad news.......
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by 7Fold

Don't confuse can't with don't care to.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Step Three of EA's newest master plan to conquer the world of MMOs:

After evaluating the market, and considering thier wealth of experience with the genre, EA decides to cancel WAR, to reassign the Mythic dev team to focus entirely on UO's next expansion.

Ultima Online:Tribulations of Atlantis.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    I would like to see EA battle SOE for control of the MMO world.  But in the battle, they both strike deathblows simultaneously on eachother.