Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game?

Ok im quitting SWG and which would be a good MMO out of these based on community, grinding is actually fun, large scale pvp, graphics, depth and breadth (complexity), and games that would make me drop my jaw and say "OMG, I am SO dropping my station acess acount for this".  And also where can i get a trial to each.

1. Lineage 2

2. CoV (just got triall)

3. World War 2 online (but im worried about getting UBERWTFOMGPWNEDBBQed by the vets.)

4. EVE Online (seems a little too slow)

5. RF Online

6. Dark and Light

Or you could reccomend some others...if u say WoW I will blow up.

Comments

• devils_hymndevils_hymn Member Posts: 322
    i got to see this.

WoW is your game

• moptopRPGmoptopRPG Member Posts: 49
    You are one heck of a creepy person!

~*(MMOs)*~
    ATD3, ACEO, AoC, AO, AC, CO, COH, COV, DAC, DR, DDO, EO, EVE, EQ, EQ2, Flyff, GW, HG:L, HO, KO, L2, LotRO, MS, MUo, PotBS, PS, RagO, RF, ROSEo, Ryzom, SB, SWG, TLA, TMO, V:SoH, WO:AoR, WOW

• Hellfire999Hellfire999 Member Posts: 73
    Bah!  If u have nothing on topic to say dont say it!

if not wow then l2

Where can I get a trial for it and a trial for RF online?

*edit for punctuation*

Originally posted by Hellfire999

Where can I get a trial for it and a trial for RF online.

dont ask me im a f2p person try a download site im not gonna list any because i dont want to get introuble again
    Ok any other opinions then what Mr. Creepy-Avatar-Who-Is-Prolly-Him-In-Rl said?

Ok any other opinions then what Mr. Creepy-Avatar-Who-Is-Prolly-Him-In-Rl said?

yo dude that is me when i had long hair and that was just mean i shouldnt have helped you. and it scored me 3 or 4 girlfriends so shut up

But the other guy said u were creepy and u didn't flame him.  I said it was creepy cuz your avatar just stares at me with it's icy blue eyes trying to penetrate my soul .  I don't have a problem with you looks or your hair.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

May I suggest Anarchy Online? It has a lot of the same features of SWG, with a better stat system, and more open classes than NGE SWG.

A lot of old pre-cu SWG players are also playing Ryzom.

Check out both. They're both highly recommended by me. Ryzom is a good crafting game, AO is more of a good team game, just for notes sake.

• pg0987pg0987 Member Posts: 57
    If your looking for sci-fi I would give AO a try.  Its old and the graphics are outdated but you can't beat the depth it has.  Its also free to play the base game.  Go ahead give it a try.  If I had to pick from your list I would have to say.......... save your money for something better.

• CalalCalal Member Posts: 15

i' ll toss in another opinion on Saga of Ryzom. Quite a few ex-SWG refugees are making the journey there as it seems to remind them of pre-CU, pre-NGE SWG, more importantly due to the in-depth crafting and foraging system and the complexity in the open skill-system. Free trial can be found on the mainpage at www.ryzom.com.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Read up about Roma Victor its being released in a month, and the NDA has gone.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    www.eve-online.com free 14 day trial.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• moptopRPGmoptopRPG Member Posts: 49
    WAIT creepy avatar dude you are a guy i tyhought you were a girl. I guess you learn something every day lol.

~*(MMOs)*~
    ATD3, ACEO, AoC, AO, AC, CO, COH, COV, DAC, DR, DDO, EO, EVE, EQ, EQ2, Flyff, GW, HG:L, HO, KO, L2, LotRO, MS, MUo, PotBS, PS, RagO, RF, ROSEo, Ryzom, SB, SWG, TLA, TMO, V:SoH, WO:AoR, WOW

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411
    You should give the Saga of Ryzom a go.  Theres now an unlimited time trial over at Ryzom.com.  Theres currently a literal flood of former SWG refugees coming to Ryzom and enjoying it.  I have never played SWG myself, but a lot of the players love the open skill system, combat system, fauna/flora system, top rate community (no leet speak in sight), superb CS live support and active pro-RP playerbase.

-Kibs

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Ok im quitting SWG and which would be a good MMO out of these based on community, grinding is actually fun, large scale pvp, graphics, depth and breadth (complexity), and games that would make me drop my jaw and say "OMG, I am SO dropping my station acess acount for this".  And also where can i get a trial to each.
    1. Lineage 2
    2. CoV (just got triall)
    No. While it starts out fun (read: character creation). Once you've done the first mission, you've played the whole game.

3. World War 2 online (but im worried about getting UBERWTFOMGPWNEDBBQed by the vets.)
    It's way too outdated and has only a small niche community.

4. EVE Online (seems a little too slow)
    Some people dig it, but i don't. This is how a typical day was spent for me when playing EVE. Get mission, leave hangar, set destination, auto pilot on, alt tab and go afk for 10 minutes, come back, enter destination hangar, get the quest item, leave hangar, set destination to home, auto pilot, and afk another 10 minutes alt tabbed, then rince and repeat.

5. RF OnlineOne of the worst MMO's along with DnL and DDO to come out in the last year.

6. Dark and Light
    Read above^

Out of wha tyou described. Lineage 2.

You can ask around anyone who bought guild wars / CoH / CoV / or any other NCsoft game, because every NCsoft game comes with trial keys for other NCsoft games such as L2.
  • whodixonwhodixon Member Posts: 28

well if you liked pre-nge SWG then i think "The saga of ryzom" is oyur best bet, great game and one thing which will make you want to drop your station pass is the customer response, just read a recent review of the saga of ryzom by mmorpg.com and see for yourself as there is a free trial (don't even need to give credit card information i believe)

Out of the games you listed i think Linage 2 is your best bet, grind is VERY long but i found it fun. large scale pvp = Linage 2 belive me and it will barly ever lag. Complexity in Linage 2 isn't the very best mainly because i believe in combat a huge advantage is having a healing bot follow you around.

Eve online has all the things you listed in great bulk (especially complexity) , the grafics will definatly make you alone want to drop your station pass i'd imagine , plus theres a free 14 day trial that doesn't require any credit card info. (can't hurt right?). But you are right in saying compared to other games its pretty slow paced lots of travelling and you even have auto-pilot for that. But if you like talking you have plenty of time to type.

P.S if you liked NGE SWG then world war 2 online is for you , but i'd suggest trying the above just so you get a taste of what competant people in charge can do

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978

Originally posted by Calal

i' ll toss in another opinion on Saga of Ryzom. Quite a few ex-SWG refugees are making the journey there as it seems to remind them of pre-CU, pre-NGE SWG, more importantly due to the in-depth crafting and foraging system and the complexity in the open skill-system. Free trial can be found on the mainpage at www.ryzom.com.

I'll second this. I've been doing the free trial of Saga of Ryzom for 2 weeks. I am very impressed. It very much reminds me of the old, original  (launch) version of SWG -- only without the bugs and imbalances!

It has a great community, stellar CSRs, a really great engine, and the lore and world are extremely unique and interesting.

I can't speak to its PVP, as I am NOT a PVPer at all, but they do have "realm vs. realm" and "open" style PVP in certain areas of the game (one of the zones is a free for all zone, for instance). I have only done the trial so I can't say any more about it but the vet players seem to like it.

I have been playing this game for 2 weeks and can't think of anything but positives to say about it. It is WELL worth the free DL and the trial is unlimited (no time limit... you just can't get off newbie island without paying for the game).

C