Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new MMO...

MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99
Ive recently quit WoW and im looking for something new, ive been looking at a cpl games, but most are not out yet, but lately ive seriously been considering EQ2, but i know nothing about the game. i played WoW for a year and just got tired of it, if anyone could give me info bout EQ2 now, this is what i would like to know:

Whats the PvP like and how does it work?

How do the Dungeons work, are they instanced?

is it a friendly community?

and most important, is it fun?

anymore info to convince me to get EQ2 would be great.

Comments

• makohiromakohiro Member Posts: 28
    i quit wow and came to eq2 3 days ago...i love it. the community is great, the gameplay is great, graphics are amazing...ill be here for awhile :P   great game
  • williamw8williamw8 Member Posts: 27

Well here is the deal

PVP servers= good pvp

eq2 is a game with alot of zones (it is not seamless like wow)

so if you go in to a city you have to load the zone for like 45 sec and sometimes when it lags 4 min

and dungeons are not private like in wow. everybody gets the same dungeon untill there is like 15 players in it then they make another version of it

like this

Deadmines 1

deadmines 2

deadmines 3

BUT eq2 is a great game anyway but not as fun for a explorer

• spe277spe277 Member Posts: 28

so if you go in to a city you have to load the zone for like 45 sec and sometimes when it lags 4 min

wow, then you need a new computer, usually 30 seconds at most and any zone on mine. Nothing gamebreaking at all.

• spe277spe277 Member Posts: 28

wow, then you need a new computer, usually 30 seconds at most and any zone on mine. Nothing gamebreaking at all.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Originally posted by spe277

Even 30 seconds is long.  If you have a good system and a good ISP it’s more like 10 seconds, maybe 15 if you get lag. 

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I posted this on general forum for another person so hope it answers the questions for you.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Well getting an opinon on this site is really hard pressed as you will see SoE haters bash the game and ofc fanbois hold on to the game.

Now there is a good reason the game has jumped in rankings on this site despite all the SoE haters.

Its a game that has shown good progress over the past year.

I hardly ever see anyone complain after trying the game and even ingame ppl will say "well at least SoE did one good thing -EQ2".

Community- top notch.Very mature .

Graphics- i think is great all a matter of opinon check out the screenshots and decide

Quests-there are so many quests in the game that after my 4th alt i am still finding them out.They are from npc,from a page dropped off some mob,lying under a rock,hidden in sort tower,you name it there are found everywhere.And some are very involving .Some are popular items from old EQ called heritage quests and one of this items actually involves you running a course in different zones against a clock to get a pair of running boots.

Collectables-this is innovative.Littering the grounds of norrath are pickable items which when u finish the collection you hand them in for a reward which is exp,coins,combat item or just household items.Last time i checked my main did 200 of this collections!

housing- well i honestly miss UO open housing and wish i saw more of this(ok SWG had it too).In EQ2 its instanced housing.You can live in a small one room in an inn or in a presigious road in uptown in a villa.You get to place items which you buy ,collect or rewards for quests and decorate it and it does look nice.If you decide to buy the game try check out the houses of players which you can visit and see how nice they done up the place.Some items reduce your rent.

Guilds-it has one of the best way to find a guild to match your needs.If you log in and are guildless you can click the guild button and it shows you all the guilds currently recruiting and information such as their style of play,class/level they want,guild level(guilds level up here thru members and you gain access to thinks such as faster horses) and officers online.So if you like you sent tell to an officer and chat.

Dungeons-plenty,plenty,plenty.Higher you get more there is which is one great feature of EQ2.The higher you go the more there is to do making end game so intresting and fun.Some are instanced some are regular.

pvp-there is pvp servers which you will lose coins and lower vauled items if you die.It is also open pvp so beware.

crafting-despite the recent simplification of crafting(some like i like the complex way of before),it still is very useful and fun.You can make rare weapons and armor and spells by harvesting rare components thru mining,gathering .Also you can make other stuff like drinks/water which has stats ,dolls,household furniture,jewlery,containers etc.It fun basically.

lag- hardly any just make sure you get your settings right.

classes-think  its 16 in total off head.Good thing is you need to grind any fighter will do as tank,any healer will do as healer for a grind group.No searching for a exact class.In raids thats where the classes show their different worth and makes for good diversity.

races-many just look what you like.

In all a very fun game that the developers keep adding regular content and most of the time its in the positive direction.

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99
    wow this helps alot, im gona go right now and pick up EQ2, ive been looking and seen nothing but good things, and every once and i while a bad thing, so i gotta try it for my self now, ty for the info