Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard new relase date now more like Q1 2007

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1214190#post1214190

Still, if it releases in good condition and mostly bug free its worth the wait.

Comments

• dinkdink Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by rocqu

This is probably a very wise move for them.  It doesn't make sense to launch a new MMO against the WoW expansion, Gods & Heroes, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, and the hundreds of console and PC titles that will flood the market in the Fall/Winter.  They are already going for a somewhat niche market and could definitely use a nice and sparse launch window to get more potential buyers and additional gaming media coverage.

While I'm pretty sure the super hardcore crowd will be picking up Vanguard the day it launches, I could totally see this game coming out stillborn if it attempted to launch in the Fall. 

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Its not a new release date.  They have only given two release dates ever.  The first and only release date Sigil has ever given until 2 months ago was simply sometime in 2006.  About 1-2 months ago they were able to give a more specific release date and said they expect to release  this winter and Cindy Bowens later clarified  that could be December or 1st Quater next year.  I don't see anything in your post indicating any new release date except winter.

But most likely it will not come out in Winter but in Spring or Summer of next year which would be right on schedule.  Sorry to sound a but harsh but there a millon threads mostly by Vanguard haters full of misinformation claiming the game has been postponed, pushed back, delayed or behind schedule when none of that is true.  Rather the game is right on schedule and will be released somewhere between 4.5-5 years after development bein in the Summer of 2002. Most games take 4-5 years to develop.  WoW took 5 years and if Vanguard releases next summer it will be almost exactly 5 years. 

• generis2generis2 Member Posts: 16

I would just like to add that the 4th. fiscal quarter of 2006 starts early Nov. 2006 and last through early Feb. of 2007.  So when they project the estimated release in Q4 2006, they have untill Febuary 2007 to deliver.

If you also consider a relase in Winter 2006, that last from December 2006 to March 2007, which is even more time. 

Either case, they got more than enough time to get it out on schedule!

• GrimmWrathGrimmWrath Member Posts: 59

The word "date" doesn't mean what you think it means.  By the end of 2006 isn't a date.  Winter isn't a date.  July 11th was a date provided by Microsoft Games Studios to retailers.  January 1, 2007 is a date provided to retailers by Sigil.  Not because it's accurate but to stop the incessent freaking out on their forums. Since you seem capable of quoting the link to that information but incapable of reading it, let's do it for you

Re: Game Release is 1-1-2007?

Ok. I'm wading into this thread at my own peril.

First, there is no direct corrollation for MMOs between Christmas sales and actual sales. The
    NPD sales data shows that in MMOs, people tend to buy them whenever they come out and they are neither assisted nor adversely affected by coming out in time for the Xmas rush or the buying guides.

Second, and brace yourself...

That date came from us.

Not because it's true, but because we couldn't get you guys to stop quoting the July 11 date and we figured that this would be better than the 'OMG why r u late!?!' posts..

That being said, the game will come out this coming Winter -- just as we have said countless times before -- as has been posted in the Fact Sheet -- as has been stated at E3, in public interviews, in any public statement we have made recently. Gamestop isn't going to sell you something until we send them a disc to sell -- so I assure you, there is no circumstance wherein Gamestop, EB, BestBuy, Walmart, Circuit City, Fry's Electronics, or any other retailer is going to have a better grasp on when the game is coming out than we do.

So.. please... hang in there. It's coming, but
    as we've said before, the game will release when it's ready. And while we may have backed away from the '2006' statement, Winter is still accurate. It may yet be 2006, but we haven't confirmed anything yet other than Winter.

Thanks for your understanding... and patience?

-z

You don't sound harsh, you sound like a Vanboi making up excuses when Sigil isn't looking for any.  The entire SOE fiasco was about being able to take full control of their development and set their own release date.

You don't sound harsh, you sound like a Vanboi making up excuses when Sigil isn't looking for any.  The entire SOE fiasco was about being able to take full control of their development and set their own release date.

Will Vaguard be a better game for being pushed back twice in schedual this year?  July 11th --> Q4, 2006  Q4,2006--> Q1, 2007  Yes.  Get over the developer worship and stop being an apologist.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    I'm stunned that any company involved with $OE in an regards understands that the best way to make a good game it to make sure it works and is polished BEFORE release.

Hope they rub off on $OE.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

So whats the big deal? Its not like they said first release would be June 27th, 2006 and 2 hours before midnight moved it to june 27th of 2007...(*cough NC cough*). The game is still being made, I doubt ANYONE knows exactly when it will be released. I would not mind waiting another year if that would make VSOH a solid playable and fun game.

EDIT: GASP, such a silly typo. I missed the NOT after WOULD and before MIND

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Yup! I don't care if it takes till Q4 2007, as long as it's finished.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    I find it very telling that some of the same people who criticize Vanguard's "current state of the game" (according to beta leaks) - then go on to criticize Vanguard for pushing the release date back. 

What?!!

If you truly do believe that the game is in need of a lot more work, then why on earth would you want them to publish it?  Shouldn't they wait as long as necessary to "get the game right"?

Geesh!  I just don't understand some people.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

The release date will only be good when Sigil tells us the release date -- which they will.

They felt they needed to give the stores some date for release, and that's fine with me.

"This winter" I also take with a grain of salt, as it seems to me this is a timeframe they will shoot for, but I also know it is a matter of pride that they do not release the game before its time.

I applaud them for NOT rushing this game out so that they can take whatever time they need for the beta stages.  We have all seen what happens when I game is released before full development.  I don't want to see that happen.

I also don't expect them to update us weekly in the "state of the game."

I would expect a new estimate of the release date around November-December -- about that time they will really be able to foresee retail release.

If they can release in winter, good.  If they need push to out to spring -- they will have their reasons and I will wait for it.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• EthanaelEthanael Member UncommonPosts: 194
    FYI. Sigil did release this date to the public as a tentitive date so that everybody would stop speculating on when the game would be released.  So, we have, from Sigil, Winter 2006, and Jan 2007.  So, Expect it the beginning of Jan.

For those who want to know how I know this: http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1214190&postcount=48

Enjoy!

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

LOL   LOL

After 5-6 years of development???

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85
    Double post

Actually the company wasn't even formed until Jan. of 2002 and Dev. on the game began in summer of 2002.  See this link for details

So, if it's released this coming Jan., 2007 it will be 4.5 years.  If released summer 2007; then it would be 5 years.  FYI - most MMO's are in Dev. for 4-5 years.  WoW for example was 5 years.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Hey, who cares?

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Doesnt really matter when vanguard comes out because the hype and buzz surrounding the game  died a long time ago.
  • n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by ronan32
    Doesnt really matter when vanguard comes out because the hype and buzz surrounding the game  died a long time ago.

Only in your mind (along with more than a few brain cells I'm sure).

image image

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

Originally posted by Pasho

LOL   LOL

After 5-6 years of development???

Going on 4.5 years....and beings that most MMOs take 5 years to develope, they are right on schedule. =P

Originally posted by ronan32

Heh, if that's true; then why does this forum have double the posts of the next closest game in development?  Hmm... for a game whose "buzz" died a long time ago; it sure has an active forum.  Seems like some of those other games in development could use some of Vanguard's "deadness". 
  • Benz00Benz00 Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by dragonace
    I find it very telling that some of the same people who criticize Vanguard's "current state of the game" (according to beta leaks) - then go on to criticize Vanguard for pushing the release date back. 

What?!!

If you truly do believe that the game is in need of a lot more work, then why on earth would you want them to publish it?  Shouldn't they wait as long as necessary to "get the game right"?

Geesh!  I just don't understand some people.

1) The game is in Alpha stages.

2) It has a very small team of underskilled devs.

3) in the slammer with SOE.

4) If they waited "as long as it would take" the game would end up outdated.

5) the truth, they dont have what it takes to add the content Brad promised. Just lke every mmo out right now.

6) they think 6 months will help? You have no idea how far back they are.

7) when its relesed it will not be finished or even close. Hell i bet its a year b4 crafting works. And watch the nerf bat come flyin.

8) its undertested. Underfunded, over promised, and dead already

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451

5) the truth, they dont have what it takes to add the content Brad promised. Just lke every mmo out right now.

7) when its relesed it will not be finished or even close. Hell i bet its a year b4 crafting works. And watch the nerf bat come flyin.

1. I thought they were in closed Beta- not alpha. Are you making things up?

2. The devs look qualified to me when reading from their official page- especially the senior members who worked on at least two completed titles.  Could you post what criteria you used for evaluation? What skills do they lack?

3. Possibly.

4. Back this up please. What criteria do you use as out of date? The mechanics? The graphics?

5. You seem to have problems distinguishing truth from opinion. Please back this statement up.

6. How do you know how far back they are? What are their projected goals? How far off schedule are they? Where's the proof?

7. Projecting/fortune telling. In other words, making things up.

8. undertested? They are still in beta doing tests.  Underfunded? What criteria do you use in budgeting their product? How do you know they are not meeting their quota (over spending)?  Dead already? Then why are you posting in this forum- or why is anyone for that matter?  More examples of you making things up.

I'm not a huge fan of how things are going with Vanguard at the moment, but please, if you're going to post something like this, at least try to sound credible.

-W.

• briskojrbriskojr Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by GrimSkunk2

1. I thought they were in closed Beta- not alpha. Are you making things up?

2. The devs look qualified to me when reading from their official page- especially the senior members who worked on at least two completed titles.  Could you post what criteria you used for evaluation? What skills do they lack?

3. Possibly.

4. Back this up please. What criteria do you use as out of date? The mechanics? The graphics?

5. You seem to have problems distinguishing truth from opinion. Please back this statement up.

6. How do you know how far back they are? What are their projected goals? How far off schedule are they? Where's the proof?

7. Projecting/fortune telling. In other words, making things up.

8. undertested? They are still in beta doing tests.  Underfunded? What criteria do you use in budgeting their product? How do you know they are not meeting their quota (over spending)?  Dead already? Then why are you posting in this forum- or why is anyone for that matter?  More examples of you making things up.

I'm not a huge fan of how things are going with Vanguard at the moment, but please, if you're going to post something like this, at least try to sound credible.

• briskojrbriskojr Member Posts: 64

Sigh, internet stole my post... F it.

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

i dont think that its going to make Q4

im thinking that ebgames might be right when they say 1-30-07

• jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by achellis

i dont think that its going to make Q4
    im thinking that ebgames might be right when they say 1-30-07

i agree. i'm betting the earliiest that vanguard will be released is 2007.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

from the recent Dev posts i would look for the release date to be closer to spring 07' IMO