Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nostalgia

obzokiobzoki Member Posts: 4

I´m thinking back to the days where i was a total freshie in AO.
Me and a buddy decided to test this game out, so we loaded it up and created our characters. Talking in Teamspeak made it easier, but as we entered the traininggrounds, we just couldnt find eachother.
I started to play solo and i actually thought that the BY was all there was. i just couldnt advance past the rollerrats.

After about 10mins of getting killed by rollerrats (nerf rollerats!!) this green fella appeared and aproached me. he started talking real fast in vincinity;

ARK
- Greetings Obzoki!
- Welcome to the wonderful world of Rubi-ka!  I am Greeter Randomname.
- Do you have any questions about ...........

How great was this, i needed help and this personal Greeter came to the rescue.

Even though i dont remember his name i must say thank you for being so helpful. If you have played AO in the days you know that the traininggrounds was spread all over. Myself landed in a Backyard in west athens i belive, and my buddy was in Tir the ark says. i belive it must have taken a good 20mins for the poor bastad to guide me there, though OA with me trying to remember the way back.

I remember...
... the time where almost noone had a yalm. After getting a team, and rolling a mission, it often included running by foot though Varmit woods or Wailing wastes for ages. Getting killed by dynacamps.

... my first yalm. i almost felt like i was cheating! Flying past all that content and my noob partymembers

... camping GOT for hours trying to get the tank armour. i belive ppl still do that tough!

... learning at lvl 90+, that implants could be bought premade for each class!

... the grid! it was like a 49:th dimension or something! AWESOOOME!

I got lots of good memories from this game!
If you got some, please share!

Hollah to all the clammers (and ommers) on Rimor! 

Comments

• niksaniksa Member Posts: 52
    I remember when...

- orgs were just a fashion statement.

- people kept assigning themselves a random name in character creation until they found one they liked.

- the old backyards were so crowded and you only stayed in them until level 4 or so

- ammo weighed a TON

- seeing a level 200 was something worth mentioning to the rest of the team

- all rollerrats of any level were aggro no matter what

- twinking was just using implants and boosts

- rich was affording a yalm

-Niksa

Looking for a real game.