Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

Does anyone even read this lame thread anymore?

We need to spam the Heap of Excrement SS here

• vortigen7vortigen7 Member Posts: 116
    The game is absolute trash. No screenshot can show lag, low frame-rates, lack of content, ad infinitum...
  • blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Another movie, looks very nice, guy running on a snow field 

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_live/0000/00000197/dark_and_light_f1q0.htm

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by vortigen7
    The game is absolute trash. No screenshot can show lag, low frame-rates, lack of content, ad infinitum...

ROFL those aren't screenshots, they're movies. Check them out...the lag and the frame rates being low isn't everyone as shown in the videos. And I could live with the lack of content. I don't mind a grind in the right game. The problem is not much is working yet. Hope they will fix it soon. I got my refund after 2 days, I'll give them that.

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342
    I think that this thread should be un-stickied and left to die. 
  • ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by elitwebb

I like it better stickied.  When it was unstickied Blacksac would religously and shamelessy bump it with spam every 2-3 days just to keep it at the top of the list.  Once it was sticked he didn''t touch it for almost a month.  Much better to have it sticked and out of the way rather having it clog up and spam the boards.
  • aNgELfiRe_aNgELfiRe_ Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Zippy

Originally posted by elitwebb

I like it better stickied.  When it was unstickied Blacksac would religously and shamelessy bump it with spam every 2-3 days just to keep it at the top of the list.  Once it was sticked he didn''t touch it for almost a month.  Much better to have it sticked and out of the way rather having it clog up and spam the boards.

Just bring Xelph here, he will take care about it for you , since you're slightly supporting him

aF/SeRa

Originally posted by aNgELfiRe_
    Just bring Xelph here, he will take care about it for you , since you're slightly supporting him

Xan...Xelph is probalby reading this right now!
  • aNgELfiRe_aNgELfiRe_ Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Zorbane

Originally posted by aNgELfiRe_

Xan...Xelph is probalby reading this right now!

Run for your life!

aF/SeRa

One of the first major PvP engagements between Dark and Light

Player made video

http://files.filefront.com/Live_Event_June_2006/;5162312;;/fileinfo.html

• dandy230dandy230 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by Zorbane

Does anyone even read this lame thread anymore?

We need to spam the Heap of Excrement SS here

Meh. It was fun to read the old posts about how innovative and most promising MMORPG D&L was

Tough luck.
  • virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Man why is MMORPG.COM still having this thread stickied?

• the only good thing to say about DNL - you can see a long long way -- and its due to only one person - who left DNL in 2004 and NP/Farlan deny his copyright/ownership of the development of the technology used in this game:

translation to the 1st link:

On November 22, 2005

Let us speak a little some practise in the Indian Ocean…

My name is Vincent Pourieux, alias Pix, for those which perhaps know me my beginnings in the industry of the video game, 18 years ago. I am an inventor of a procedural technology of returned ground 3D real time, technology which I initially called V-world, then VWorldTerrain, whose first algorithms were developed in 1996. This technology was already used, inter alia, in the ludo-educational software Eingana 1.0 and Eingana 1.5 marketed in 2001 and 2003, software presenting the first simulation 3D real time of the whole Earth, on 2 Cd-ROMs PC. VWorldTerrain technology is marketed exclusively by company VWORLD.

I am also a ex-member of the team of development of the MMORPG Dark and Light developed not the company réunionnaise NPCube and published by the offshore oil rig company Farlan Mauritian. I was founder member of the company NPCube, limited liability company founded in September 2002. I was paid of this same company of March 2003 to July 2004, date on which I gave my resignation. I thereafter sold my shares with the capital of NPCube in December 2004.

Let us specify that no technological contribution was made on this company, for some technology that it is, and that its founder members did everything an only numerary contribution. It proves that Dark and Light made use of the engine of play Mafate developed by the NPCube company for the realization of this MMORPG. Mafate (thus Dark and Light) very largely uses VWorldTerrain technology in its version 2002. Technology presented at the time the following characteristics - without however which they all were used for the development of Mafate: - satellite use of data of various formats and resolutions - wide world without cargo loading areas - creation of procedural data in real time - infinite field of vision and management of the rotundity of planet - dynamic management of the weather and the climatic phenomena - procedural management ALF - solid drop shadows in real time (system of ray-casting) for the ground and the objects - daylight and artificial dynamic - simulation of the true vault of heaven and the stars - integration of cities per automatic extrusion - dynamic management of the vegetation - terra-forming real time for the ground and the buildings - tools of edition of scenes in returned the 3D

This list is not-exhaustive there but is not the goal of my matter. I specify again that the engine of play Mafate uses part of these functionalities in their simplified version, whereas others, more complex, were not used (extrusion of the buildings, terra-forming real time of the ground, data satellite in multi-formats and resolutions, infinite field of vision, inter alia). It does not remain about it less than Mafate made use of VWorldTerrain and than thanks to that, Dark and Light is a project which asserts the greatest surface of play ever realized, as well as a management of natural landscapes or a dynamic weather, characteristics still today innovating in the sector of the MMORPG.

This use of VWorldTerrain was not possible in 2002, 2003 and until August 2004, only parce what I personally authorized the NPCube company, and this for the only development of the MMORPG Dark and Light, and only within the following framework: surface world of 40.000 km2, important field of vision, single world waiter. However, it proves that the NPCube company does not respect my intellectual property, while refusing since 1 year and half to make be reproduced the use of VWordTerrain technology in its official communication on the development of Dark and Light. Moreover, the NPCube company announces to use its “technology owner” by quoting the engine of play Mafate, without specifying that Mafate makes use of VWorldTerrain technology, which I regard as an attack with my royalty and a violation of the copyright which is attached to it.

In addition, the NPCube company refuses to pour royalties on the realizable potential benefit on the future sales of the product Dark and Light. We have, my lawyer and myself, of course done what is necessary near the NPCube company and to its council to try to find a solution friendly. We however ran up against a wall of fallacious reasons and it thus appears necessary, before the marketing of Dark and Light, to specify with its potentials purchasers which the NPCube company does not respect the international code of the intellectual property. It goes obviously without saying that I do not authorize the NPCube company to be continued to use VWorldTerrain technology for the development of the MMORPG Dark and Light (or any other project), as it is still the case today. An action at law seems to us to be today the only possible exit. .........

Kudos to VWORLDTERRAIN! (see the dates of some of the pics - the truth is right there)

• BadTBadT Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by LilBoPeep

the only good thing to say about DNL - you can see a long long way -- and its due to only one person - who left DNL in 2004 and NP/Farlan deny his copyright/ownership of the development of the technology used in this game:
    translation to the 1st link:

On November 22, 2005

Let us speak a little some practise in the Indian Ocean…
    My name is Vincent Pourieux, alias Pix, for those which perhaps know me my beginnings in the industry of the video game, 18 years ago. I am an inventor of a procedural technology of returned ground 3D real time, technology which I initially called V-world, then VWorldTerrain, whose first algorithms were developed in 1996. This technology was already used, inter alia, in the ludo-educational software Eingana 1.0 and Eingana 1.5 marketed in 2001 and 2003, software presenting the first simulation 3D real time of the whole Earth, on 2 Cd-ROMs PC. VWorldTerrain technology is marketed exclusively by company VWORLD.
    I am also a ex-member of the team of development of the MMORPG Dark and Light developed not the company réunionnaise NPCube and published by the offshore oil rig company Farlan Mauritian. I was founder member of the company NPCube, limited liability company founded in September 2002. I was paid of this same company of March 2003 to July 2004, date on which I gave my resignation. I thereafter sold my shares with the capital of NPCube in December 2004.
    Let us specify that no technological contribution was made on this company, for some technology that it is, and that its founder members did everything an only numerary contribution. It proves that Dark and Light made use of the engine of play Mafate developed by the NPCube company for the realization of this MMORPG. Mafate (thus Dark and Light) very largely uses VWorldTerrain technology in its version 2002. Technology presented at the time the following characteristics - without however which they all were used for the development of Mafate: - satellite use of data of various formats and resolutions - wide world without cargo loading areas - creation of procedural data in real time - infinite field of vision and management of the rotundity of planet - dynamic management of the weather and the climatic phenomena - procedural management ALF - solid drop shadows in real time (system of ray-casting) for the ground and the objects - daylight and artificial dynamic - simulation of the true vault of heaven and the stars - integration of cities per automatic extrusion - dynamic management of the vegetation - terra-forming real time for the ground and the buildings - tools of edition of scenes in returned the 3D
    This list is not-exhaustive there but is not the goal of my matter. I specify again that the engine of play Mafate uses part of these functionalities in their simplified version, whereas others, more complex, were not used (extrusion of the buildings, terra-forming real time of the ground, data satellite in multi-formats and resolutions, infinite field of vision, inter alia). It does not remain about it less than Mafate made use of VWorldTerrain and than thanks to that, Dark and Light is a project which asserts the greatest surface of play ever realized, as well as a management of natural landscapes or a dynamic weather, characteristics still today innovating in the sector of the MMORPG.
    This use of VWorldTerrain was not possible in 2002, 2003 and until August 2004, only parce what I personally authorized the NPCube company, and this for the only development of the MMORPG Dark and Light, and only within the following framework: surface world of 40.000 km2, important field of vision, single world waiter. However, it proves that the NPCube company does not respect my intellectual property, while refusing since 1 year and half to make be reproduced the use of VWordTerrain technology in its official communication on the development of Dark and Light. Moreover, the NPCube company announces to use its “technology owner” by quoting the engine of play Mafate, without specifying that Mafate makes use of VWorldTerrain technology, which I regard as an attack with my royalty and a violation of the copyright which is attached to it.
    In addition, the NPCube company refuses to pour royalties on the realizable potential benefit on the future sales of the product Dark and Light. We have, my lawyer and myself, of course done what is necessary near the NPCube company and to its council to try to find a solution friendly. We however ran up against a wall of fallacious reasons and it thus appears necessary, before the marketing of Dark and Light, to specify with its potentials purchasers which the NPCube company does not respect the international code of the intellectual property. It goes obviously without saying that I do not authorize the NPCube company to be continued to use VWorldTerrain technology for the development of the MMORPG Dark and Light (or any other project), as it is still the case today. An action at law seems to us to be today the only possible exit. .........
    Kudos to VWORLDTERRAIN! (see the dates of some of the pics - the truth is right there)

Good Show.
  • lancelot76lancelot76 Member Posts: 119
    Reading the old posts about how much potential this game had...

But crash and burn happens. R.I.P. D & L

• AlouisiousAlouisious Member Posts: 201

The guy responsible for this "sticky" admitted that the photos went through Photoshop AFTER he left one of the marks on a few of the screenshots.

I dont see how now with this information that this "sticky" could be considered here at all anymore. The whole game is a farce.

Despite this game being a huge let down, the World does look very nice, the screenshots proberbly don't even do it justice

DnL ss didn't need editing as the world does look nice on it's own merits, the only ones I know of were for convience to show off multiple robes or some such in an info bulletin on the official site

FYI: All these screenshots came from the official DnL web site, mmorpg.com, and various DnL fan sites, all freely available to anyone on the web, always have been. Not a single ss is from me, or by me. (To check sources just right click pic, then check properties)

I feel sorry for anyone let down by this game including myself, we took a leap of faith, and stayed patient, it did have beautful ideas, but in the end it didnt pay off

Despite this I'm not angry, just a little sad

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Originally posted by blacksac

Despite this game being a huge let down, the World does look very nice, the screenshots proberbly don't even do it justice
    DnL ss didn't need editing as the world does look nice on it's own merits, the only ones I know of were for convience to show off multiple robes or some such in an info bulletin on the official site
    FYI: All these screenshots came from the official DnL web site, mmorpg.com, and various DnL fan sites, all freely available to anyone on the web, always have been. Not a single ss is from me, or by me. (To check sources just right click pic, then check properties)
    I feel sorry for anyone let down by this game including myself, we took a leap of faith, and stayed patient, it did have beautful ideas, but in the end it didnt pay off
    Despite this I'm not angry, just a little sad

That is not what you stated in many of the posts here at this board in various threads. You stated you were given permission to post these. You even stated some were from Beta. 0.0 We wanted to know why you had such leeway with the devs. Or dont you remember that?

and on the note about the scenery? Yes you are correct. The images of the far distance is beautiful and is made by the technology owned and developed by _Pix_ at VWORLD TERRAIN. http:www.pourieux.com , of which Farlan claims to have full development and creation of . So yeh, the scenery is nice, the graphics made by the Farlan art team however do not fit into the backgroud scenery. And that begs the question: Who cares what the distance is you can see when you are pvping? You cant fight someone that far away (altho you can pull aggro from mobs so far away you cant see them or are those the ones that just randomly pop whenever and whereever due to the faulty coding of the system the Farlan team supposedly developed but dont know how to use? )

I will say it again:.... "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..."

Originally posted by Cholayna
    "That is not what you stated in many of the posts here at this board in various threads. You stated you were given permission to post these. You even stated some were from Beta. 0.0 We wanted to know why you had such leeway with the devs. Or dont you remember that?"

No I don't remember, but you obviously do

Instead of deceiving yourself/lying Cholayna, please prove it

Please post my numerous threads/posts confirming I had speacial permission from the Developers.

Opinions don't equal facts 

Cheers

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Cholayna "That is not what you stated in many of the posts here at this board in various threads. You stated you were given permission to post these. You even stated some were from Beta. 0.0 We wanted to know why you had such leeway with the devs. Or dont you remember that?"

No I don't remember, but you obviously do image
    Instead of deceiving yourself/lying Cholayna, please prove it
    Please post my numerous threads/posts confirming I had speacial permission from the Developers.
    Cheers

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/130013#130013
    "Ill keep this short. Most interesting MMORPG atm is Dark and Light.

Reasons?... Many! (Im not going to do their marketing for them)"

That was your very first post on these boards (2 years ago) & guess what? You have been hyping D&L for TWO YEARS along with 900 or so posts favoring D&L (simply amazing, Farlan really gets value for money).
    Noone believes that you are a fan, you are most likely a shill & you can keep trying to discredit critical forum users but it will never even be close to the lies that Farlan (& you have) spouted.

• AlouisiousAlouisious Member Posts: 201

No I don't remember, but you obviously do

Instead of deceiving yourself/lying Cholayna, please prove it

Cheers

I remember it too. YOu whined you were getting flamed. Ppl wanted to know why you could post all the screenies you wanted but Farlan put a ban on screenies to everybody else. You stated that these were beta, then SOG, then in one you said it was from DNL because you didnt recognize whatever it was that was in the ss. Thats when the proverbial furrball hit the fan and you couldnt keep up the bs even then. Yes I remember it well. A few of us even spoke about you ingame. A few weeks later a kudos went out to you for the bs work you did here. Now its all falling in your face and you act like nothing will stick to you. Sorry to tell ya but the stink is just as bad on you as it is on Farlan.

Calling other ppl liars is not a classy thing to do BS when you are being called out about your own lying.  Deflecting the blow of the lies unearthed by your own words aint gonna work either. You got pwnd. This whole scene of yours is and was a total bs scam. These screenies and your words are bogus and have been and that is by your own words.

This is a bs thread and always has been.