Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All expansions (EQ:Titanium version) but minus Prohecy of Ro, what can done and what can't?

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Okay, I saw the Titanium version of Everquet in the store for $20 and on an impulse buy I picked it up. Didn't have what I really wanted and the other games I was interested in cost to much. Never pay full price anymore, games just aren't worth it. Anyway, seeing as I was down 4 expansions (last one I had gotten was Lost Dungeons of Norrath), I figured I'd get it just in case I decided to play again and heay 4 expansions plus a free month for $20 wasn't to bad. So that leaves me short of the new expansion Prophecy of Ro.

Okay I know Freeport was redesigned in Ro and that since its a original city, I figure that most players without the expansion will have access to the new design and most likely the same for the redesigned older zones.

Question is what can a player do in relations to Ro if they don't have the expansion when it comes to the new things it has added?

What can't a player do in relation to Ro when it comes to the new things it added?

Also when does the progressive server go live again?

Thanks.

Comments

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Originally posted by Effect
    Question is what can a player do in relations to Ro if they don't have the expansion when it comes to the new things it has added?

Well, you can't do any of the missions, task, quests in Arcstone or Undershore without the expansion. That should be it. All the zones that you can normally access that have been upgraded, you can see the upgraded versions... all the loots you can see, whats tradable you can trade (or buy).

The Guild Hall has been opened, you have LDoN and DoN... so your pretty set.

Progressive server : 28th :)

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Okay, I saw the Titanium version of Everquet in the store for $20 and on an impulse buy I picked it up. Didn't have what I really wanted and the other games I was interested in cost to much. Never pay full price anymore, games just aren't worth it. Anyway, seeing as I was down 4 expansions (last one I had gotten was Lost Dungeons of Norrath), I figured I'd get it just in case I decided to play again and heay 4 expansions plus a free month for $20 wasn't to bad.

Ok friend. First off are you aware that the free month applies only to new accounts and will not go towards your existing account? I know it sucks, huh? Secondly, I almost impulse bought the same game,(Last expansion I bought was The Lost Dungeons of Norrath as well), but I figured once they pump out a new expansion passed  Prophecy of Ro(which they most certainly will), I am almost posotive there will be a "Titanium +, or whatever" expansion pack that features all the expansions up to prophecies...cmon we know SOE..

So anyway, untill I REALLY need my EQ fix again, I will just hold off on getting their expansion bundle packs.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Naturally, yeah pretty much I realize that. I figure since I hadn't actually played EQ1 in such a long time a few things might have taken place. 1. Either my characters are gone or my server had been merged (can't remember what I played on so I'd have to search). 2. I've been out of practice so long that I'd have to start over anyway. 3. My gears and items most likely will be so behind that I'd be starting out fresh.

Not wanting to draw on older characters for items and money is something I want to avoid and based on what I kinda recall having they wouldn't have been a big help anyway since they might be broke. Getting money early on isn't going to be a problem like when I originally started not knowing anything about the game. So starting a new account isn't a problem.

• TithrielleTithrielle Member Posts: 547

Naturally, yeah pretty much I realize that. I figure since I hadn't actually played EQ1 in such a long time a few things might have taken place. 1. Either my characters are gone or my server had been merged (can't remember what I played on so I'd have to search). 2. I've been out of practice so long that I'd have to start over anyway. 3. My gears and items most likely will be so behind that I'd be starting out fresh.

You'd be surprised, when they recently opened all account for a free 28 days trial I logged into my old (not used since 2001) chars and all their items were there... they were even standing in the places where I last logged out.
  • EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

That's good. Still have the game with the chance for the 30 days might has well use it instead of letting it go to waste. There really isn't anything on my old account, if my characters are there that can't be gotten with new characters and the highest was a low 40 wizard and no drop items can't be traded anyway. So no real lost.