Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting FFXI

Johnny93Johnny93 Member Posts: 16

Hello,i am starting FFXI and i want to know what would be good job for beginners.

Comments

• cenvin06cenvin06 Member Posts: 4
    you should start with the warrior class.. its definily the easiest way to start in FFXI.. and its pretty frustrating too start with a White mage because its harder until lvl 10.. then you keep getting a group as a WHM.

• T-o-h-m-aT-o-h-m-a Member Posts: 42

if you want an easy game to start off with, try Monk or Warrior, those are definately the two easiest jobs in the game to lvl. But if your looking to be a certain special job later on in the game, ie Dragoon, Summoner, Ranger, Dark Knight, Paladin, Ninja (The jobs you have to quest for at level 30) etc i would suggest leveling a good support job for them, for example if you wanted to be like any Damage Dealer, than I definately suggest Warrior as it is the job mainly used as a support for DD's. But if you wanted to be say Summoner than you would want to lvl White mage (as annoying as it is.) because than you can start lvling Summoner up right away instead of having to go back and level up your sub job first.

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715

Originally posted by T-o-h-m-a

try Monk or Warrior, those are definately the two easiest jobs in the game to lvl

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but those two jobs dont get nearly as many party invites as other jobs later on, making it harder to level.
  • benhausebenhause Member Posts: 19
    What would be a good starter job if you later wanted to become a Dragoon?
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by benhause

Check this out.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Jobs

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

Originally posted by benhause

Check this out.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Jobs

To answer the question, Warrior is a good pick for Dragoon class.
    You just want to keep it all in the same area, if you want to make a samurai, you don't pick Whitemage as your sub; you put Warrior or something that has benefits to your new main class.

It's not really hard to play Final Fantasy XI, people complain, and complain, anddddddd complain about this game being so freakin' hard to play.

When I started two years ago, it was challenging because I didn't know what to do in all but, that's how every game is you're a newbie.
    I found a linkshell that I've been with ever since I started Final Fantasy XI and when you find a good linkshell to be with the game gets a lot easier cause the game is newbie friendly. There are a lot of people in the game that will help you do whatever you need to get done.

The game is worth a shot, it's fun for some then it's not fun for some....we'll see which one you are.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• HuntressqueHuntressque Member Posts: 35
    Yes, try picking up monk or warrior its kinda good for beginners like me. =)

• T-o-h-m-aT-o-h-m-a Member Posts: 42

Monk and Warrior are really quite easy to lvl, Monk being a great Damage Dealer, and Warrior being a tank (til about lvl 20 warrior can tank fairly decently) or Damage Dealer, they get parties quite easily. And For the record im only talking about up to lvl 30, because I took a guess that they would want to try an advanced job.

• slayeerslayeer Member Posts: 17
    im gonna start FF XI to in some time, and i always like thieves/rogue's etc becouse they have stealth. what is the best job to start whit?

Originally posted by slayeer
    im gonna start FF XI to in some time, and i always like thieves/rogue's etc becouse they have stealth. what is the best job to start whit?

No jobs have 'stealth' in this game. But Thieves have an ability called "Sneak Attack" wich deals massive damage if you attack the target from behind.
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Rinic

Originally posted by slayeerim gonna start FF XI to in some time, and i always like thieves/rogue's etc becouse they have stealth. what is the best job to start whit?

No jobs have 'stealth' in this game. But Thieves have an ability called "Sneak Attack" wich deals massive damage if you attack the target from behind.

Um, say what? WHM and RDM get sneak and invis. NIN gets invis, and THF gets Hide, which is a superior invis. And anybody can get sneak by popping a Silent Oil or invis by using a Prism Powder.

Chris Mattern

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

If you want ALOT of friends...

Taru white mage is the way to go...

With cute emotes chicks will love you, and people can never ever be angry at you... ever...

Jerks can't touch you, everyone takes your side, and sometimes you get free stuff... sometimes.

• LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    Id reccomend Black Mage. I started out as a warrior and i must say it was horrible. Groups came only every hour and if they could get a paladin to tank you were out. I once started my own party and while leveling we took on too strong a mob so i decided to tank it and let my teammates get a head start at a run. Well obviously i die after a while and my teammates make it to safety. The White Mage asks me for leadership i forgot why but i gave it to him because i dont like to mess with white mages, and he kicks me and invites a paladin to their party. wait, i mean MY group. I think a black mages is perfect for a noob, all you have to do is nuke and nuke. Its like White Mage with out the hard begining, because you get fairly good party invites. 

• Originally posted by slayeer

I'd say go ahead with the Thief. That's the job I started with and I didn't find much trouble leveling... Besides, don't start a job just because people say it's the easiest or the best. You can pretty much start any of the general jobs and do fine. So if you like the sneaky route, do Thief. It's fun later on when you get Sneak Attack and Trick Attack. HOooooo, that combined with some of the Summoners abilities make for DEADLY skill chains.
  • LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    Yeah theif is fun, my friend was a thief. Once he got to level 25 and had that ability to run faster oh man he was chaining giants in qufim left and right. He ruined alot of peoples parties. Good times hahahaha. 

• drunkensoljadrunkensolja Member Posts: 71
    yah, warrior, monk ,and also thief are all pretty good to start off as.
  • slayeeerslayeeer Member Posts: 6
    thief looks cool, i think im gonna be an thief to

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Originally posted by slayeer

Um, say what? WHM and RDM get sneak and invis. NIN gets invis, and THF gets Hide, which is a superior invis. And anybody can get sneak by popping a Silent Oil or invis by using a Prism Powder.

Chris Mattern

I'm referring to stealth abilitys, in most other games some classes can just hit a button and go into stealth mode and walk around like that. Without using MP or items.

I'm referring to stealth abilitys, in most other games some classes can just hit a button and go into stealth mode and walk around like that. Without using MP or items.

Well, OK , THF can do that. Hide is a THF job ability, no MP or items to use.

CHris Mattern

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Well, OK , THF can do that. Hide is a THF job ability, no MP or items to use.

CHris Mattern

Has a 5 minute recast timer, and lasts as long as a normal invis. Wich isnt very long.

Has a 5 minute recast timer, and lasts as long as a normal invis. Wich isnt very long.

Well, yes. A lot of the quests and missions in FFXI can be done by stealthing your way past the enemies. If you had "set and forget" invis, they'd all be way too easy.

Chris Mattern

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

If you want ALOT of friends...

Taru white mage is the way to go...

With cute emotes chicks will love you, and people can never ever be angry at you... ever...

Jerks can't touch you, everyone takes your side, and sometimes you get free stuff... sometimes.

Hah! That's how I roll too!
    You are exactly correct on that..

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc