Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG magazine

Hello all,

I was thinking of starting a mmorpg magazine that would run monthly and have like reviews, betas, and the sort, and like leveling guides. What do you all think? And anyone maybe willing to help?? Let me know and contact me at [email protected]!

Thanks

Ryan (Maulem)

Comments

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    That is a great idea for informing people of the current news in the MMORPG world.  I currently have something similar going on my website.  It is especially useful to include information such as reviews from popular gaming sites like IGN, Gamespy, Gamespot, and others.  Best of luck to you.

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    I'm willing to help. I'm a web/graphic designer by trade, plus I can write really biased reviews =P.

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    http://www.aliengenome.com/

is that your website heartless? 

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Yes it is. I'm re-doing it at the moment so there is really not much to see.

• MaulemMaulem Member Posts: 6

Gun can you shoot me an e-mail with what you would like to see. I am interested in getting some ideas before i move forward so input is always welcomed. Thanks!

[email protected]

• Silent85Silent85 Member Posts: 77
    I would help out both in contributions and finacially for this kind of idea it sounds great.

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

Chief Of Communications, Ahazi Server

• sir-animasir-anima Member Posts: 210
    it is gonne cost you alot of money to print those magazines

• air_head1air_head1 Member Posts: 75
    i would definately be interested in seeing a MMORPG magazine i don't think there is any out there, is there?

is it a online mag or offline paper based mag?

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

I Havn't decided yet if it will be online or paper based . . trying to get an idea from everyone about what they would like. If you would like to give me input please e-mail me at [email protected] so i can compile it all together and if you would like to help or have ideas also shoot them to that e-mail addy . . thanks again

Ryan

A good online site community based online mag style thing for xbox (this is only a xbox example sorry) is www.xboxrules.com

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773
    That's not a bad idea- i'm already subscribed to PCGamer magazine. MMORPG Magazine wouldn't be too shabby.

come on people . . i know you all have an opinion . . . let me have it

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

My opinion..... well I think it's a very very good idea, like one of those great ideas that you can't beleive you didn't think of yourself.... I have more to say but i'm currently farming exp in a game so i'll email/post a bit later.

Lords Of The Mist - A World of Warcraft guild.
    http://www.lordsofthemist.com/

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• kingslayerkingslayer Staff WriterMember Posts: 91

An MMORPG or just an MMO type magazine is a great Idea.  I think a paper based hard copy would be great.  There is already a ton of great web based MMO type informatives  (as in MMORPG.com).  What would be nice is to compile previews, reviews, interviews and community feed back into such a magazine.  The really tricky part ( depending on how far you take it) is to provide a straight forward look at upcoming and released MMORPGs without glossing them over with carefully selected pics and text, while still maintaining a reputation with developers that will allow you access to the information.  What developer wants to give insight to a magazine notorious for slamming them?

Anyway, the key here is to focus on specific topics related to MMO's.  A preview section and review section would be almost mandatory.  What about reviewing the latest engines and what they provide ?  Perhaps a section with reader feedback pertaining to various aspects of MMO's ?  There are many different things that can be added to this type of magazine.  Its important that the most relevant items get included without cluttering the magazine.

Good Luck.  I would subscribe, contribute to, offer help in any way that I can.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• guylanguylan Member Posts: 11

I have been in the publishing business in my varied past and I too published a magazine on a national scale called "Media Bypass". The Mag is still in production but I have nothing to do with it.

That being said I too thought about publishing a rag on MMORPGs and found that it was contradictory to what mmos are about. Sure we all love having our magazines stacked up in our favorite reading spots (mine are Maxim, FHM, PopSci, PopMech.) The content that a magazine like this one would get scooped constantly due to the fact that this industry is an ONLINE based community and so to that end, all of the readers would be online and would be able to see those stories on great sites dedicated to mmos like this one.

just my 2cp

Guy

It would have to be able to be shipped to the United Kingdom aswell

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136
    Well, I tink i might be good at writing some good reviews. I really tink that if you make it paper based, ALOT of people will read it [ I could cal up People at most of the major Gaming Magazines to see if you could advertise there. ROFL Im a PR Manager In The Gaming Industry Anyway! ROFL

wow your a pr man oooooo can you get me into the industry, the pr industry that is?

Everyone says my communication skills are the best feature of me

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136

Dont know, You have to go to college for that profession boo, image -Michelle-

-Females make the better PR person anyway ROFL-

Originally posted by Amunet

Dont know, You have to go to college for that profession boo, image -Michelle-

-Females make the better PR person anyway ROFL-

ooo thats harsh lol

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231

I think I would buy a printed mag about MMORPGs and many other people would as well.

Because there are many situations in RL where You arn't online but can read a magazine like during travel in trains, trams, waiting somewhere, etc.

Also many people prefer to read printed text due to better quality.

I thought about getting involved in such a mag for the german speaking market, already wrote some reviews in german about mmorpgs. But I don't have experience in the magazine business and I think it needs knowledge about the market, marketing and funding of such a project.

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• ArcasArcas Member Posts: 15

<<i don't think there is any out there, is there?>>

I only know of one MMORPG magazine. It still seems to be in the early stages, and no one has heard too much from them recently.

Check it out at http://www.mogonline.com/

-Arcas

My thoughts on MMORPG design:
    http://www.dragonfond.com/

-Arcas

My thoughts on MMORPG design:
    http://mmo-arcas.blogspot.com/

• ViczarViczar Member Posts: 3

There was already a MMORPG magazine, but it canceled production after the first issue. However it wasn't a monthly magazine and it was $20 because they didn't get any adds. They were only going to release one issue every 6 months. Not sure if they had plans to go monthly or not. I can't recall the name, but I THINK it was MOG. However, I would definitely like the see a monthly MMORPG magazine succeed. Let me know if you ever get one up and running, cause Ill subscribe. :)

-Viczar

• conanloverconanlover Member Posts: 4

Didn't any thing ever happen out of this sounds like a great idea? Although it has now been done at www.thirteen1.com, its good, its free, no downloads or subscription but loads of MMORPG news. (They feature conan this month which is why I like it ;) )

Are there any offine mmorpg mags? Thirteen1 is an online magazine only.