Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I have Guild Wars Prophecies...but not Factions

HumidifierHumidifier Member Posts: 8

Basically like the title states, I have Guild Wars Prophecies, but not Factions. I like prophecies but I don't want to buy factions. Do a lot of people still play Prophecies? Is factions worth buying? Is it better than Prophecies? How popular is Factions?

P.S. can I switch my character from Prophecies to Factions?

Comments

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Once you buy Factions you can send your characters over to the other continent and Vise Versa.
    If you like the RP quality in Prophecies then you may want to think over buying Factions.
    Never the less if you like PvP, get down to w/e computer store you goto.
    Factions is actually quite populor and prophecies still is aswell, the community is roughly split up into 30%, 50%, 20%, 40% being prophecies the 50% in factions and the 20% in PvP, I may however be wrong so don't quote me it is just my opinion on how it is split up.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    factions is good but it doesnt have as much content as i thought it would have :S

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539
    Factions was actually quite a dissapointment to me.... Unless you are very heavy into PvP and need the new skills to stay "with the times" then stick with prophecies, I'm still playing it =D

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640
    On a single playthrough with a Tyrian character, Factions was quite short for me, with a grand total of ten missions. After I beat it once, I thought (and many of my friends told me) that I had burned through the game at a break-neck pace. Then, I went back and did some missed missions, and went to the other side to complete those missions. I'm still doing quests that I skipped over, and I've got three additional characters on the way (two Canthans, one Tyrian Monk).

I still play Prophecies (despite having beaten it four times), with a new character even. And, yeah, certain areas are deserted (pretty much everything between Druid's and Sanctum Cay from what I've seen so far). But, it's all about timing. If you can't find anyone to play with, it may be just the time of day. Try a different time. Or, take the henchies. I've rarely had a problem with them beyond figuring out how to best utalize them. And, so long as you're not taking the henchies every time, you still get that group feeling.

Just my two cents.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371
    There are a LOT of quests that aren't missions in the game....

A key difference, that a lot of people seem to get wrong:
    1)  A mission is a story-based quest part of the main storyline
    2) A quest is a non-mission objective that doesn't advance the storyline but gets you experience, gold, and/or loot items.

And I've found that as you complete some quests, others unlock on other NPCs.

For example I assassinate a Jade Brotherhood leader.  I then run across another NPC that says "Hey, since you helped out "x" by setting back the Jade Brotherhood do you think you could help me do "Y"?"

I've done over 20 quests that I found from just running around and exploring.  Some are pretty cool too, as they are catered to your primary class.

But you have to explore the explorable areas to find them.  I beat the storyline weeks ago, and am still running across quests that I haven't done yet.

• gank3rgank3r Member Posts: 1
    I suggest buying factions, but thats just me becuase it offers new skills that I think is essential in some builds. Not alot of ppl play prophecies ne more, its kinda sad. A butt load of ppl play factions though, i think factions offer more pvp battles like alliance battles. i think its worth buying and i thin kits better then prohecies. and Factions is really popular. And YES you can switch between ur factions and prophecies cahracters. 

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371
    I have gone back to Tyria with my monk to try and map it out and finish some of the titles.  I find there are still a lot of people that play.  On off hours it can be a bit quiet, but during peak times it can be pretty full.

Granted it's not as full as it once was, but I've never had trouble finding a group.... although as a monk I get first pick of almost every group as we are in such demand.  :-)

• War0nlineWar0nline Member Posts: 10

To be honest I'd would rather by something like Dark Age of Camelot or City of Villians/Heroes. Due to the fact it is quite easy to do everything in the came before you start to feel bored.

Also the are no major improvements, all you mainly do is follow another story line which is pre-determined which can frustrate you.

w00t

• Mikes123Mikes123 Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by War0nline

Also the are no major improvements, all you mainly do is follow another story line which is pre-determined which can frustrate you.

new pvp gameplay modes, i.e. alliance battles, competitive missions, new skills, new classes, new story missions with an actual storyline to follow.......... and you know, some of us actually play the game to explore and experience new storylines....   if i had to name a major flaw of "traditional" MMOs then it s that they do not have any true storylines at all but rather substitute "story" with "uh lets kill everything for über gear! ya, make it so!"

if "Storyline" and/or "Fair/ Balanced PvP" sound cooler than "l337 über gear" to you,
     then Guildwars is most likely your kinda game