Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Die Shadowbane Die !!!

GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
Any other old school pre beta former SB maniacs happy this PvP garden of eden to be, and never was, is crashing and burning ? cause I am :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Its a shame the game ended up the way it did.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

BTW, dont ever buy yearly subscriptions. image

- Malkavian image

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

Originally posted by Malkavian
    BTW, dont ever buy yearly subscriptions.

hehe, it is too bad the game went to the dogs

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

BTW, dont ever buy yearly subscriptions. image

ouch...did u do that?

I thought a 3 months subscription to SWG was bad

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

At the time you could preorder the game, they were giving away an offer to pre subscribers that would unlock the restricted races. I waited till the very last day before deadline and purchased, but got screwd over and didnt get the code to activate the restricted races.

So i instead paid a years subscription which was at the time $116 so that i did get access to the restricted races. It took me 3 months to get my Lightning Enchanter to lvl 60 and dominate the PvP running rouge within every open player run city an camping site. Then i developed and ran an entire city, upgraded everything to lvl 7 all by myself and got bored with the game.

So in answer to your question, yes i paid for a years subscription but ended up only playing for 4 months. I left after duping, hacking and other forms of cheating met at its peak and thus started its downfall.

I did make over $2k on the game though, so I dont see $116 as being a total loss image

- Malkavian image

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I did make over $2k on the game though, so I dont see $116 as being a total loss image

Yeah, my wife made $850 with her SWG account.  She made the mistake of having a "buy it now" option at $850.  Many forum buddies told her the account could have spiked over 1000.  She was a Jedi in game (not a high-level one) but a Jedi nevertheless

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

lol I wouldn't pay a used piece of toilet paper for anything to do with SWG

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Wait- did SB die at last?

Last time I checked there were 600 people playing. A bit barren.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

The future of Shadowbane is unclear.

- Malkavian image

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I can't help but feel a bit sad...anyone with me?

....wouldn't this be the first dead mmorpg?

I don't remember any other dead ones.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    It really is sad. They had so many great things going for this game, but their ameture programers screwed it up.

-Machiavelli

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    I agree, it's a shame the way it turned out. I was in the Eoro beta for a year. Everything seemed just fine until the ruin when the German publisher went down the drain.

Nemo sine vito est

Nemo sine vitio est

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    yeah my friend hates this game....He tried to take it back but EB wouldnt take it...then again who would???

The anticipation of death is far worse than death itself...

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• MelaithMelaith Member Posts: 10
    imageimageimage?

• GundamitGundamit Member Posts: 268
    I was in old Beta and it was cool. But they killed alot for me when in could not hold the lag for sieges. I was in Ebonlore "A.k.a Ebonwhore" After the big screw that the leader did. I luckly only paid month to month and got the restricted races by pre-order. But still was not wild about how they handled the servers.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441

hehe Ebonlore, aka the n00bs who got whooped by a few man guild so much they had to join its nation in order for the rectal bleeding to stop.

• GundamitGundamit Member Posts: 268
    True to the point of noobs after awhile. But in the beginning it was a great guild. No Noobs. But it got to big to fast and the leader was not able to sell stuff on ebay for much so he quit and took the guild with it. O well. Gaming is as Gaming does.

• KageKage Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Kiamde

Wait- did SB die at last?

Last time I checked there were 600 people playing. A bit barren.

No. It's still doing fine. they just released it in europe. So there's some more people now. They've been adding a lot of good stuff to the game. In march we have some cool siege improvements and other things like that. And we're also going to get some transportation improvements. And then they're adding a resource system a few months from now. Can't wait image

Too little too late.  Besides Europe has different servers/different publisher so that won't improve the US state of the population.  That resource crap should have been in the game from the beginning, the bastards have been using crap like that as a carrot on a stick tactic for a long time don't get your hopes up.

• SyrousSyrous Member Posts: 4
    As it stands Shadowbane will be around for a good long while. About a week ago the server population for Vengeance was at its all time high. I don't forsee Shadowbane dying out any time soon (unless they do something stupid like put a level limit on PK, or any kind of limit for that matter. They do that and Im gone too. =-P They already gimped thieves...)

Only reason Shadowbane is still around is because there is no other game with unlimited PK out.  Can't wait for the day where there is choice in mmorpg gaming geez.

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by dekron

lol I wouldn't pay a used piece of toilet paper for anything to do with SWG

--------------------------------------------
    33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

LoL says he with the atari avatr logo ;p *term 3 anyone?* *Horizons* Cough*  :D

• crimsonbrucrimsonbru Member Posts: 15
    Oh and umm btw Ubisoft has rights to Europe now, they own both US and Europe so Europeans play with us... and secondly the game is getting better by the day, I love it and will never leave it.  Oh and one more thing at least sb didnt bomb quite as hard as AC2 which i sadly also like to some extent.  Bad taste i guess, but oh well.
  • NOCMIKENOCMIKE Member Posts: 2
    Your futur about players is unclear not Shadowbane, Ubisoft just buy the creator of shadowbane and already work on the next xpansion, so please dont make me cry, SB is not the better MMO in the world but it's a good game and lot of peeps still play on it, lot of new disciplines and new area are added and it's pretty cool.

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73
    The game was fun for about 3 months and then it really was a bore. I just dont think that sb is long for the world, especially with all the mmorpgs coming out this year. Anyone looking into lineage 2?

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!
    UXO guild-http://scottishguardians.guildwizard.com

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"