Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord Helios" and his "vision"

ValgurdValgurd Member Posts: 28

the link to the SWG forum is dead, but some1 wrote this:

It is obvious that you are in over your head with your position as lead designer of this game. I see the consiquences of your "vision" ever day, as I watch my once great guild of over 300 people crumble, along with virtually all the other Corellian guilds on Intrepid.

Frankly, Helios, you don't have a vision!

The original Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided development team had a vision and they broke countless sqaure miles of virtual new ground when bring that vision to light. You were not part of that vision, nor do you even seem to have an incling of what that vision was all about.

Perhaps you could put down your encylopidia Britanica, volume E, for an evening and give Raph Koster a call. Raph knows what multiplayer games are all about and he has, arguably, more experience and talent designing them than any other person in human history (wrap your head around that, eh.). You are not able to fill his shoes. You prove this every day and I find it truly pathetic to watch you strutting around these forums - around this community - refering to yourself as "Lord Helios", as if you were some devine entity bestowing upon us something great and wonderful. I'm sorry kid, but the only thing you have done to SWG is crush the vision that made the original game a game that people (you know, those other ugly bags of water that aren't you) would enjoy playing.

You're a hack - not a hacker, a hack, and you're not good enough for this project.

The quote below is a classic example of why this is true,

Helios_SOE wrote:
Player placed GCW bases are not being worked on for Chapter 2.

You just don't get it and you know what, I doubt you ever will. I am certainly not going to waste any more of my time on you, because you're not worthy of it when it comes to the subject of Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided.

Helios, I'm sure your a great person and all, but wholey crap, you are not good at MMO development! So, I'd like you take this constructive critisism like a man - it's not a personal attack, so "suck it up".

In closing, I would like to thank you, Helios, for helping me save $15/month. There is just no way in hell that I am going sit here and deal with the combination of your absolute power and your absolute lack of ability when it comes to this project. The NGE and your subsequent changes have killed the community and made SWG devoid of any collective purpose. As such, I simply see no need for me to play this game any longer.

Good job, "Lord Helois", on destroying a dream. You're just lucky George Lucas isn't a mobster...

And one answer was:

Has helios even watched any star wars movies?

He doesn't even have his favorite selected lol

Yes he does, he selected "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Comments

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715

Originally posted by Valgurd

Has helios even watched any star wars movies?

He doesn't even have his favorite selected lol

Yes he does, he selected "The Fellowship of the Ring"

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    Ouch!!!   Truer words haven't been spoken!  

Helios belongs in console development.  Simple as that!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• MazrimXMazrimX Member Posts: 51

Damn..lol  Dude forgot to kick him in the balls and tell him his kids were ugly too...

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Rent Monty Python: The Life of Brian.

Then watch till final scene: ... always look on the bright side of life ...

I guess when you're already nailed to the cross, your allies abandoned you, and your future doomed, at least you can still have a sense of humor.

But then again, some people don't get it, which is why, even blatant sarcasm is a dangerous thing, with large population, it can easily become blurred who really meant what:

Hah!  What lag?  Don't you know we
    devs all connect directly to the server and we run the client on 256
    node Beowolf clusters?  I have a special attack on my toolbar
    called "Time Lord" that makes the world appear to you as laggy, but for
    me it's like bullet time.  Easy pickin's!  So when you get on
    TC tomorrow, every time you think you're experiencing a frame of lag,
    what actually happened was that another Rebel has just succumbed to my
    vast and upower. 

"Every time you lag, The Dread Lord Helios crushes another Rebel." 

So basically, we have a confession of speedhacking from a lead Dev.....

Sad, really....Makes me wonder if you actually play this game

I
    think the whole "Time Lord" thing was a joke tbh.  Alot of people
    on these boards including the mods really need to get a sense of humor
    imo

• gnarlsbarklygnarlsbarkly Member Posts: 28

wow, pwninate...

This is the guy who's lead developer and fielding the questions.

pending

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Who ever posted that needs to get out of the house more.

• duggoduggo Member Posts: 387

Originally posted by Rekrul

I guess when you're already nailed to the cross, your allies abandoned you, and your future doomed, at least you can still have a sense of humor.

But then again, some people don't get it, which is why, even blatant sarcasm is a dangerous thing, with large population, it can easily become blurred who really meant what:

When your team is responsible for the unfinished condition of a game that still has a long way to go 'til it's back on its feet, and when you've put your foot in your mouth on numerous occasions when you weren't joking, not only is posting blatant sarcasm a dangerous thing, it's a completely inappropriate thing.

Helios has shown judgement beyond poor, not only with the game designs he presents but with his forum behavior as well.  He is a cancer to this game and needs to pulled off this project and placed in another Sony division programming VCRs.

-d

Waiting on: Pirates of the Burning Sea and Pirates of the Carribean Online

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by duggo

Originally posted by Rekrul

When your team is responsible for the unfinished condition of a game that still has a long way to go 'til it's back on its feet, and when you've put your foot in your mouth on numerous occasions when you weren't joking, not only is posting blatant sarcasm a dangerious thing, it's a completely inappropriate thing.

Helios has shown judgement beyond poor, not only with the game designs he presents but with his forum behavior as well.  He is a cancer to this game and needs to pulled off this project and placed in another Sony devision programming VCRs.

-d

I can't believe it...I actually agree with you duggo!  Helios needs to be bound and gagged ASAP. I cannot fathom how Helios, and including 'teh Smedz', can make the decisons they do and not be accountable for this financial fiasco of a game and the poor treatment of paying customers.

BTW, the original post from the SOE board is falacy, an Intrepid player. Another vet gone...../salute.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    i dont think that he is doing a bad job, i just think he isnt doing a job fast enough. like it or not, if your still playing that game you are playing to do some major testing on the game. i got that feeling after chapt 1 and i really didnt like it. im a cl 90 and ive done 90% of all the quests. im tired of doing stuff by myself and im tired of having to try to do what little scrap quests are left for me so i can have a reason to play. im tired of not feeling like im in star wars reality. that all comes from the fact that the changes, the new content arent coming fast enough. so until there is an over abundance of new things to do, im gone. i cancelled my 3 accounts yesterday and filled out the survey, lol.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    The Devs have the "vision" of Hellen Keller right now.  No insult to blind persons intended.

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

Originally posted by almagill
    More Helios humour here....

That was my post he was replying to.
  • anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

Originally posted by Obraik

Feeling pirrg-like today, are we?
  • auntisocialauntisocial Member Posts: 120

Yeah, I think it's just FABULOUS that he has time to sit and shoot the breeze on the forums, joking about lag and explaining his signature:

Helios posts about his signature

Especially, when people are very upset and asking him for some straight answers.

/sarcasm off 

Regards,

Aunti

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by auntisocial

Yeah, I think it's just FABULOUS that he has time to sit and shoot the breeze on the forums, joking about lag and explaining his signature:
    Especially, when people are very upset and asking him for some straight answers.
    /sarcasm off 
    Regards,
    Aunti

Well, as Helio later comments:

"True enough.  Good thing you get to ignore the math if you're just learning about it for fun. "

Shows he is actually pretty ignorant.  Anyone familar with Quantum Mechanics knows it is about the math.

So, if his idea of fun is to skip the important details, it is no wonder the NGE continues to get scewed.
  • iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

/sarcasm off 
    Regards,
    Aunti

It reminds me of the hoopla around the time of the CU.  There were huge problems implementing the CU, and rather than focus on those problems and listen to the community, they put up a "tiggs toon" where they showed two toons, and bubbles for what they were saying.  Needless to say, they were hillarious!

Smedley:  So, how do you like our game?

Player:  Put away the KY Jon, I'm not a Jedi

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Are you speaking of the OP?   Because if you are then I think YOU are the one that needs to wake up and get out more.

If not then um.. nm.

Saying Helios is just not in touch is a understatment.    His reponses to issues are like canned replies from Rodney Dangerfield.

He gets no respect and his words mean nothing but are fun to lauch at.

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by Rabia

/sarcasm off 
    Regards,
    Aunti

"True enough.  Good thing you get to ignore the math if you're just learning about it for fun. "

Shows he is actually pretty ignorant.  Anyone familar with Quantum Mechanics knows it is about the math.

So, if his idea of fun is to skip the important details, it is no wonder the NGE continues to get scewed.

Well said.

Let's hope he doesn't read any books on neurosurgery next. "Well, I just do it for fun..." gaah

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Originally posted by almagill

Originally posted by Rabia

/sarcasm off 
    Regards,
    Aunti

Well said.

Let's hope he doesn't read any books on neurosurgery next. "Well, I just do it for fun..." gaah

Well said.

To late.. They have already given SWG a Prefrontal Labotomy... Next step is to somther it with a pillow.

Xcathdra

To late.. They have already given SWG a Prefrontal Labotomy... Next step is to somther it with a pillow.

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by iskareot

Are you speaking of the OP?   Because if you are then I think YOU are the one that needs to wake up and get out more.

If not then um.. nm.

Saying Helios is just not in touch is a understatment.    His reponses to issues are like canned replies from Rodney Dangerfield.

He gets no respect and his words mean nothing but are fun to lauch at.

Yes, I'm talking about the OP.

Attacking someone and pretty much saying a whole lot of stuff that boils down to "you suck" isn't going to help anything at all.  No one takes people that post like that seriously.