Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Read This...

HuvaraHuvara Member Posts: 73

Right around 2002 was when I was first introduced into MMORPG''s. This game was Dark Age of Camelot, I loved this game more than any other MMO to date. World of Warcraft, EVE, Guild Wars, and City of Heroes. Now im just beginning to try an reach out and find some other, good quality, fun, MMORPG's. I was looking at this one, and it seemed to have the same aspects as DAoC except somewhat introduced into a more PVP setting. Could anyone please tell me if this is a game I would like? Please post the pro's and con's of this a game as well.

Thanks.

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Well I'm an old school DAoC vet (pre-ToA) From a time that DAoC's grind made L2's look easy.

The primary differences from DAoC and L2 is as follows.

No neat and clean realms. Every person for himself and later on, every guild for itself.

Both where very grind based in PvE although DAoC lightened up from what I understand. Probably causing subs to fall. Changing the core mechanics of a game NEVER fixes anything, it just pisses off the vets. From personal experience, the DAoC grind was much much worse then L2's back in its prime but the old DAoC players where very dedicated, like to L2 players.

The graphics are ten times better then DAoC although individual customization isn't as defined, you need to understand this game is designed for very very large scale PvP. DAoC is rather bland compared to L2.

DAoC is skirmish sized PvP combat out in the battlefield and frontiers. L2 is Army sized in the sieges. Literally hundreds of people involved.

A large and very deverse world. More hunting spots and mob variation then just about any other game.

The content (quest and such) is as equally sucky as DAoC's go kill this and bring back that junk. PvP games never have good content unfortunately....wait, let me rephrase that, MMORPG's rarely have good content.

Its completely different from ol' DAoC. You might like it but it is a pretty tough game to master. If you have the time and patience, give it a go....

Race/class/skill info

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/race_human.html

PvP rules 

http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/cp.html