Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Test Signup Process

Am I missing something? I've read the darn NDA 3 times now and it doesn't give me a key.

Comments

• BigbadaBoomBigbadaBoom Member Posts: 5
    You only get a key if you're chosen to participate in the beta. There're currently only aproximatly 800 people in the beta.
    When phase2 of the beta starts more will be let in.

• HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43
    zomg this sucks... i really wanted to test the game too... i want betas like in DDO... this is really annyoing

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by HaZaD
    zomg this sucks... i really wanted to test the game too... i want betas like in DDO... this is really annyoing

Seems like you haven't experienced the world of MMO's for a long time.

With that kind of attitude it's no wonder most of the mass produced MMO's are worthless, probaly the cat(WoW) who dragged you in.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by IIRL

With that kind of attitude it's no wonder most of the mass produced MMO's are worthless, probaly the cat(WoW) who dragged you in.

Now now IIRL, that's a little harsh isn't it??? Nothing wrong with someone being brought to MMO's by any game, so long as they keep an open mind.

HaZaD, quite often, this is how Beta's work, DDO's was actually the same up until it's final versions where they felt comfortable letting more and more people in.

Fill out the Beta form, be sure include your Direct-X output file and wait patiently. When they are ready to take more players in and if your selected you'll find out and be strongly encouraged to actively participate in actually testing the game.

• Mikey0002Mikey0002 Member Posts: 97
    Clearly, they just don't understand the difference between closed beta and open beta. They are probably some kids, waiting for their first MMO, because I remember, I had some similar same attitude for WoW, only when I signed up I realised without anyone having to explain to me that it was no instant access.

Yes I was a Warcraft fan so of course I waited for WoW's release, when it was in development. Now I just regard Warcraft as something for the history books, cause the lore got totally ruined :(

I doubt the same will happen for TCoS.

By the way, I got Beta access to TCoS 4 months after applying mate.

So look forward to phase 2...maybe you'll be one of the lucky thousands picked.  There is always the final open beta phase (which is what you were talking about is instant access to the beta) which allows practically everyone in.

Have to put something up!

• GhilGhil Member UncommonPosts: 22

if you say so..i should convice you from the opposite.. i played about 10betas before like RYL,Ryzom,DAoC,AA,GW,DDo,RF online, Face of Mankind,Dark and Light,Anarchy Online,EQ2 and many titles you dont even know and i never played "WoW" or even liked it btw i m one of the first guys in the Archlord beta and i waited only 4weeks for the mail.you look like someone with a low iq and many problems in his RL to me now... so watchout next time if you talk about people you dont know coz it  seems now like you haven't experienced the world of MMORPG's for long time mate

just a hint for you

• GhilGhil Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by HaZaDzomg this sucks... i really wanted to test the game too... i want betas like in DDO... this is really annyoing

Seems like you haven't experienced the world of MMO's for a long time.With that kind of attitude it's no wonder most of the mass produced MMO's are worthless, probaly the cat(WoW) who dragged you in.
    if you say so..i should convice you from the opposite.. i played about 10betas before like RYL,Ryzom,DAoC,AA,GW,DDo,RF online, Face of Mankind,Dark and Light,Anarchy Online,EQ2 and many titles you dont even know and i never played "WoW" or even liked it btw i m one of the first guys in the Archlord beta and i waited only 4weeks for the mail.you look like someone with a low iq and many problems in his RL to me now... so watchout next time if you talk about people you dont know coz it  seems now like you haven't experienced the world of MMORPG's for long time mate imagejust a hint for youimage

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Did you guys hear that there Opening up beta soon for more ppl with the help of Fileplanet? its on there main web page if you wanna read the artical

• sabrejaysabrejay Member Posts: 39
    ya id just like to know when =)
  • JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by sabrejay
    ya id just like to know when =)

From TCoS official webpage:

September: Projected open beta

October: Projected release

But I still hope to get lucky and that I'll be accepted in closed beta
  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Around September

• moxuout2moxuout2 Member Posts: 96
    Iv been waiting to beta test for  6 months, so thinking just reading the NDA would automaticly let you into the beta. Im sorry but your an idiot.
  • pyro9219pyro9219 Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by moxuout2
    Iv been waiting to beta test for  6 months, so thinking just reading the NDA would automaticly let you into the beta. Im sorry but your an idiot.

Hey smart @ss.... I'm refering to the TcoS website where it says "beta sign-up" on the left hand side... You ever click that?

All it says is to submit a DXdiag report... enter a contest priority key if you have one, and then

"Read the NDA in order to be able to enter the key."

Nowhere does it say "we aren't giving keys out unless you have been blessed by atleast the majority of the gods throughout humanity".

Now... logically... beyond a 3rd graders mentality so follow me if you can... that infers that there IS a way to get a key by reading the NDA. This wouldn't have been the first game when it makes you give a DX report to prove your system, then read an NDA, and then your name is entered into a que for beta keys based on what kind of system you have.

• [sYn][sYn] Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Actually, it logically infers ..  "Read the NDA in order to be able to enter the key." .. not "Read the NDA in order to be GIVEN A KEY" ..

Asking for a system report (dxdiag) as you are creating your account is pointless...What are they going to do?

"Congradulations Mr X, you have been awarded a key! Have fun while playing our game!"

2 weeks later....

"I'm sorry to inform you that everyone on the planet has the same system specs as you, there-for, we are closing your beta account. Please join us when we are ready to release our product live!" 

Most mmo's ask for it before they decide you are needed for beta testing. Think about the process too, not just poor wording of one sentence.

Your argument makes no sense. You submit a DXDIAG report as you sign up for the beta (not the account). This diag report will be used to make sure a broad range of systems are included in the test, and will no doubt be a very good basis for who they choose to participate.

This MMO is asking for the DXDIAG before they decide your needed for beta testing.. So again your argument is making little sense.

It seems obvious to me that the Beta Sign up page is also the activation page for when you are accepted into the beta. When you get a key, you access that page, click/read the NDA and enter your key to "upgrade" to a beta testing account.

I'm not making an argument, I'm simple stating myself.

Have you tried to use the beta sign-up on that site (back when I started this thread, I'm not sure about recently)?

There was a link, said "Beta Sign-Up"....took you to a page

DXDiag file [               ] *button to click to find your file*

Contest Key [            ]

Beta Key [                ] <-- Nothing can be entered here, it says to read the NDA and provides a link

Then a submit button.

You can read the NDA as many times as you want, and you never get any form of "thanks for giving us your DXdiag report, we will review it and let you know when and if we are going to let you into our closed beta"....

I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about sYn, because you just restated what I already said in a previous post, except you are saying I didn't say it. Now that makes no sense at all.

Now.. I just checked the TCOS website, its the same as it was when I started this thread.. if you dont have a forum account when you click "beta sign-up" it says to get an account and set it to always log you in. I've done that.. Ok, so you are logged in and you click "beta sign-up", (Not Account Creation) you are taken to the page asking you to enter your DXDiag information, your priority key, and to read the NDA in order to enter a beta key. Reading the NDA doesn't advance the process like it says it will.

Now, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove to me exactly, because the link says "beta sign-up"... which normally would take you to something to agree to an NDA and/or upload a dxdiag file so they can choose if they need your system to help the beta test. This often also asks you about previous games you have beta tested, and sometimes asks why you want to beta test, internet connection.. ect...

Later, after they pick your name from a list, you are given a link in an email with a priority key, then you read the NDA, and you give some account information and the process is complete.. download the client and play.

Originally posted by Mikey0002
    Clearly, they just don't understand the difference between closed beta and open beta. They are probably some kids, waiting for their first MMO, because I remember, I had some similar same attitude for WoW, only when I signed up I realised without anyone having to explain to me that it was no instant access.

Yes I was a Warcraft fan so of course I waited for WoW's release, when it was in development. Now I just regard Warcraft as something for the history books, cause the lore got totally ruined :(

I doubt the same will happen for TCoS.

By the way, I got Beta access to TCoS 4 months after applying mate.

So look forward to phase 2...maybe you'll be one of the lucky thousands picked.  There is always the final open beta phase (which is what you were talking about is instant access to the beta) which allows practically everyone in.

Actually, I've been beta testing games since directX came out, I know the difference between open a closed beta. No where did I mention I wanted instant access... I was simply stating that when you click the link for "beta sign-up", there is no way to submit your DXdiag information because the system just keeps telling you to read the darn NDA.
    Im not trying to prove anything other than you have your wires totally crossed. The process is as simple as this, you click on the apply for beta link, select your DXDIAG file and click submit. As I already said, the NDA link is for people who have already been accepted into the beta and have a key.

Simple eh?

You keep moaning on about the NDA which is utterly useless to you at this point. You sign/accept an NDA once you have been accepted, not at the application stage. This is why in an earlier post I said..

"It seems obvious to me that the Beta Sign up page is ALSO the
    activation page for when you are accepted into the beta. When you get a
    key, you access that page, click/read the NDA and enter your key to
    "upgrade" to a beta testing account."

Originally posted by [sYn]
    The process is as simple as this, you click on the apply for beta link, select your DXDIAG file and click submit.
    You keep moaning on about the NDA which is utterly useless to you at this point.

I sort of hacked up your last post because I'm not replying to all of it.

As far as a simple process.. sure.. I'll bite.. you just submit your DXDiag, and poof, the submit button works...

NOT for me, hense why I started this. it just loops me back to the screen asking for the DXdiag file, but blanks it out.. no thanks, no email, not "we got your file". Thats why I assumed it wanted me to read the NDA first... I didn't need any of this petty BS, or arguement, I was asking if anyone else had the problem I had. Having the website only work the way it does for me, I didn't know of "how it really should be"... That would be like asking me to tell you how a movie ends that I've never seen.

The only reason I'm "moaning" as you say, is because the form is broken to me, and until now, I did not realise the page should behave any other way. I've tried using the sign-up from this machine, my laptop, my work laptop, my two room mates have the same problem. Several people I know online have the problem. Up until someone called me an idiot on this forum, I had just assumed that they stopped taking applications, which does happen.

Did you try reading/asking in the official forums FAQ post? There are around 47 pages of replies talking about the process and its issues. I belive the biggest cause of problems is due to people trying to submit the DXDIAG information as a plain text file instead of an XML file.

As for being petty? Not sure if you aimed that at me, but my statements never included insults, mearly the observation that you where confused or did not have all of the required information to make a judgement. I chose to reply to your thread because of this, in a hope that I could stear you in the correct direction. I would suggest you go read the offical forums, these will help you a great deal with reguards to signing up and making it all work.

No, the petty remark wasn't at you. It was to the now blocked posts, and another one or two that are still there.

I have talked on the main forum, my post never got a reply, nor did I get e-mail back from support so I gave up. Like I said.. I assumed that was just a way of saying "we dont want more applicants". If it was a site problem, I'd assume more people would have replied with troubles as well.

It doesn't really matter now, this all happened a while ago and I've since lost time for beta testing anything currently (to many projects at work, and re-orgs don't help my game time), and I'd rather not use a slot so that someone who is hopefully going to actually beta-test, and not just play the game for free till its retail gets my spot.

• TheeNailrosTheeNailros Spellborn CMMember Posts: 2

Originally posted by pyro9219

The only reason I'm "moaning" as you say, is because the form is broken to me, and until now, I did not realise the page should behave any other way. I've tried using the sign-up from this machine, my laptop, my work laptop, my two room mates have the same problem. Several people I know online have the problem. Up until someone called me an idiot on this forum, I had just assumed that they stopped taking applications, which does happen.

A good start would be to
    try a different browser. I just did a check on the form myself and had
    absolutely no problem with the latest official version of Firefox. If
    the problem still persists, please let me know. The best way to get
    hold of me is through a private message on the official TCoS forums. My
    username is "Thee Nailros" there.

Andreas "Thee Nailros" Bettermann
    ** The Chronicles of Spellborn Community Manager **