Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this game all about?!

I have been trying to find any info on this, but the fan pages are pretty empty and the official Vangaurd page is completely striped from usefull info. If it is there is hard to find : /. I want to know what this game will be focusing on. Pve, pvp, rvr or something new ? Which game will it be most like ? I understand that there will be 20 races and lots of classes and fun travel 

Comments

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451
    You heard right, at least that is the goal.  The makers of this game are from the EQ Original old school and are trying to stay true to the adventer that old school EQ had (i.e.- no teleports).  There is a lot of information availible in their official forum boards.  I browse those using the search and dev tracker so I by-pass a lot of the stuff that bogs it down.

Anyway, the game is going to implement many raves and classes and focus on slower leveling to make exp and levels a major reward.  It will also be loot/equipment focused so raiding will be important, but that does not mean a solo player can not enjoy the game either. There will also be various spheres to work on and you will not have to just fight all the time if you do not wish it: politics, for example (from what I gather).

There will be multiple servers with different rule sets in place at release, so the focus will be different depending on which you choose (PvP, PvE, etc.).

My advise is to visit their forums to get as much info straight from the horses mouth.

I'm sorry I'm a bit vague in answering.  I'm not in bata and haven't had a chance to actually try any of it.  I hope others will be able to fill you in better than I did, but I tried to give you at least a quick run down of my understanding.

-W.

• PetzenPetzen Member Posts: 74
    Ok, thanks :)
    But nice to know that they are going the EQ-way, because then I know it isn't for me :P
    Hope it turns out nice, so you can enjoy it, if you like that type of mmo :)

• VarcanVarcan Member Posts: 77

The best place to go for info on this game is http://www.silkyvenom.com/pages/faq.php.

This FAQ compiles nearly all dev statements into a nicely organized format for your enjoyment and interest in Vanguard. Enjoy!