Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for TW or NA current testers

ColdSunColdSun Member Posts: 210

I have a few questions about Lineage 2 and was hoping someone could answer them. image

1.  How many characters can you have on each server?

2.  Is the leveling a treadmill like EQ or DAOC?

3.  What kind of restrictions are on PVP?  Do players just run up and kill people for no reason?  (example:  Fung Wan online is a mess)

4.  Many posts say dwarves are a poor choice for race.  Are they really as bad as folks claim?  If so, why doesn't NCsoft improve dwarves to make them more attractive?

5.  On the Lineage2.com website the race summaries say Orcs are the strongest tanks (well it says that pretty much).  After looking at the starting STR for the races it looked to me that they weren't much stronger than the other races.  Is there something more that goes into physical strength other than the STR attribute?

Thanks, and if any of this is against the NDA please let me know. image

ColdSun

Comments

• .ghost.ghost Member Posts: 35

in respone to question 4, i tried a dwarf and orc in the korean open beta of lineage. the dwarf was noticeably weaker than the orc. quite frankly, the dwarf sucked. well, that might b a bit harsh but anyways, its a hard race to play

o, for #5, aren't tanks supposed to have the most health? tanking isn't the ability to dish dmg, its the ability to sit there n get whacked a lot, which, orcs can do.

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

1. not sure, i think 5

2. well lvling is just like killing a ton of monsters

3. OK, on pvp if you attack someone you become purple, if you kill them without them attacking you you become red.  If they attack you, even if your purple, they become purple as well, and if either of you kill each other there will be no penalty (other than losing xp and the possible chance of losing an item).  When someone is red, they cannot enter town and must kill monsters to become white again.  People can attack reds, but i do not remember if they become purple when they attack a red(i believe they do).  Im not sure, but i also believe that reds have a much higher chance of dropping items than non-reds.  Guild wars are also fun from what i've heard and guilds can own castles which can be taken over by other guilds sieging them.

4.  Hmm, i never heard that dwarves were bad before.  Anyway, I'm a dwarf, and I don't think they are that bad, but before lvl 20, they definitely have a disadvantage.  Before lvl 20 they get no fighting skills other than weapon and armor mastery, which isnt all that great.  The reason why dwarves are supposedly worse than the other races at fighting is because they are the ONLY race that can forge items from materials.  In other words, they are probably the best money makers at higher lvls.  The first 20 lvls for a dwarf is pretty tough though.  Dwarves are probably second best at tanking though (second to orcs) because of their massive HP(at lvl 15 i have like 100 more hp than my elf friend also lvl 15).

5.  I dunno why orcs are the strongest tanks, ive never been one.  I also heard from players that orcs are the best tanks also, but i dunno why.

• AspenAspen Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by ColdSun

I have a few questions about Lineage 2 and was hoping someone could answer them. image
    1.  How many characters can you have on each server?
    2.  Is the leveling a treadmill like EQ or DAOC?
    3.  What kind of restrictions are on PVP?  Do players just run up and kill people for no reason?  (example:  Fung Wan online is a mess)
    4.  Many posts say dwarves are a poor choice for race.  Are they really as bad as folks claim?  If so, why doesn't NCsoft improve dwarves to make them more attractive?
    5.  On the Lineage2.com website the race summaries say Orcs are the strongest tanks (well it says that pretty much).  After looking at the starting STR for the races it looked to me that they weren't much stronger than the other races.  Is there something more that goes into physical strength other than the STR attribute?
    Thanks, and if any of this is against the NDA please let me know. image

1) Not sure on the limit, but more than 3 for sure.

2) Like most Korean games. Like a treadmill lol. If you've ever played Lineage or Legend of Mir or Ragnarok Online or Myth of Soma or anything that originally came from Korea you'll find lvling is similar.

3) There are PVP area's and none PVP area's. Also if a pker kills too much anyone in town can hit them. The Guardians (Ents, Fairys and things) will attack a pker onsite. So you're not totally defencless if someone tries to pk you.

4) Dwarves were a little weak, however they were easier to level.

5) Not sure hehe...but part of being a tank is defence and hp. So maybe they're also high.

-Aspen-

-Aspen-

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by Aspen

3) There are PVP area's and none PVP area's. Also if a pker kills too much anyone in town can hit them. The Guardians (Ents, Fairys and things) will attack a pker onsite. So you're not totally defencless if someone tries to pk you.

4) Dwarves were a little weak, however they were easier to level.

-Aspen-

I played the korean beta for 2 months and the taiwan beta since it came out and i havn't seen any areas that didnt allow pvp other than the cities...(which still allow pvp but i think guards attack you if they see you) and ive heard nothing of such areas...

Upon my experience i thought dwarves were actually harder to lvl

• ColdSunColdSun Member Posts: 210
    Thanks everyone. image

ColdSun

• AspenAspen Member Posts: 23
    Then you should start trying to PVP if you want to notice them. Here's a tip, go to Nerupa. Go to the highest building in the Elven village (where the spell NPCs are) and try there. Towards the middle of the main Dark Elf town (there's a big hand and electricity). All of the n00b Dark Elf building. Also you'll find every single area has a safety zone, and you respawn in that area when you die and no one may harm you until you leave it. image

-Aspen-

-Aspen-

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

I have a few questions about Lineage 2 and was hoping someone could answer them.

1. How many characters can you have on each server?

Seven

2. Is the leveling a treadmill like EQ or DAOC?

It is very much like EQ, certain levels are harder to get threw then others (like 8 to 9 and then 9 to 10, take much longer then 10 to 11 and then 12).

3. What kind of restrictions are on PVP? Do players just run up and kill people for no reason? (example: Fung Wan online is a mess)

They can, but if you don't fight back and the attacker kills you, they get punished by being branded as a PK'er (name color change) in which anyone can attack them on site. This will stop twink kills with a run by spell caster or something while you are resting after a battle with creatures... to an extent.

4. Many posts say dwarves are a poor choice for race. Are they really as bad as folks claim? If so, why doesn't NCsoft improve dwarves to make them more attractive?

There is nothing cooler then seeing this little tiny girl run up to a group of monsters that some big bad Orcs are resting up for, and have that little girl just mow threw the monsters like nothing, then stand next to the Orcs and just look so innocent and tiny. Yes, they suck at low levels, just like Orc mages, but redeem themselves in both fighting skills and money making abilities later on.

5. On the Lineage2.com website the race summaries say Orcs are the strongest tanks (well it says that pretty much). After looking at the starting STR for the races it looked to me that they weren't much stronger than the other races. Is there something more that goes into physical strength other than the STR attribute?

Orcs are second in Strength; the Dark Elves are the strongest race. But the Orcs Con is the highest, giving them more HP per level then the other races. Man, does that make it easy for the Orcs to level! You have such less down time because you can take more damage then the other guys, plus if you go the route of the Monk you start out the game dual wielding your fists, which gives you a slight advantage. I wrote an Orc Fighter quick guide in the Races part of this forum if you want to check it out.

Thanks, and if any of this is against the NDA please let me know.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• ColdSunColdSun Member Posts: 210

Great info!

Good to hear about the dwarves. image

ColdSun
    Gamer / Aspiring Writer

ColdSun

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

Can't wait to join ya Raptor!!  It probably won't be until the game is released as I've NEVER got accepted into a beta.  And honestly, I don't have enough time for the game as of this moment...

Keep on learning all the tricks...I'll be you little understudy if you'll have me!  image  If not.... image ...well, I'll just follow you and study what I can!!  imageimage

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312
    Sounds like fun, we will all have a good time.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor