Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lucas Arts Attitude

2»

Comments

• InspGadgtInspGadgt Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by ShiloFields

Originally posted by Malickiebloo
    Because Pre-cu SWG was in no way a Star Wars game . Aside from a few skins and one planet nothing looked at all like something out of star wars . If anything they may of wanted SOE to fix that , And it is most likely LA who set the deadlines on when it was to release in its new form . But Lets not place blame in the wrong places , Do you really think LA is pleased with SWG's current state ? They realy wanted this game to be a way to continue the star wars lore , SOE is the company who has failed at doing such .

I have to disagree with this.  SWG was at its most Star Warsy pre-CU.  Pre-TEF changes to be exact. In that era the rules of the game did a very good job, even if not perfectly, of mimicing the Star Wars world we saw on the movies. 

Just about every single change they made from the removal of the TEF changes forward, made the SWG less and less like Star Wars and more like a generic magic based MMO with some SW skins.

I have to agree with Shilo on this...pre-CU SWG was as Star Warsy as YOU made it to be.  You could run missions out of the theme parks and pretend to be a soldier for that faction.  Even though the story arcs were rather lame they did reinforce the feeling that you were fighting for a cause against the other faction by doing what you coulld for your faction.  Player base raids were alot more common back then.  The only thing Star Warsy post NGE is the new tutorial which only suits you if you want to be rebel factioned.

Wow I recieved an e-mail from the managing editor in response to my email about the LA article!

• dolaniousdolanious Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by InspGadgt

Wow I recieved an e-mail from the managing editor in response to my email about the LA article!

What did it say?

"Hi there,

Many thanks for your letter. I just wondered if I could get your real name and company name if possible.

Many thanks and best regards,

Lisa

Lisa Foster
    Managing Editor"

Doesn't say much but at least I know it was read and recieved and possibly being considered for something...maybe a follow up article?...otherwise they wouldn't want my name and company.

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Intresting that they replied...Keep us informed of what the repsonses are... Im curious as to why they would want that info as well...

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by InspGadgt

"Hi there,

Many thanks for your letter. I just wondered if I could get your real name and company name if possible.

Many thanks and best regards,

Lisa

Lisa Foster
    Managing Editor"

Doesn't say much but at least I know it was read and recieved and possibly being considered for something...maybe a follow up article?...otherwise they wouldn't want my name and company.

Also, please submit your social security number and the full name and address of your legal representation.

Mr. This and That
    LucasArts Legal Department
    lol
  • BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214
    It would seem that LA is now being run by people who really have no idea what development means in genral terms for any industry, or they will be going through a lot of staff changes every month trying to meet the deadlines they will have in place. In the end one word for the operations of LA is RETARDED.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• royalpenaltyroyalpenalty Member Posts: 312

LMAO, this from a company which is still tinkering w/ a movie that is 30 years old...haha

LMAO, this from a company that just renewed its license w/ SOE....haha

together they have done the impossible, they killed my 30 year love affair with Star Wars.

SWG ADDICT...clean since the NGE

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by BlazinBlades
    It would seem that LA is now being run by people who really have no idea what development means in genral terms for any industry, or they will be going through a lot of staff changes every month trying to meet the deadlines they will have in place. In the end one word for the operations of LA is RETARDED.image

It has been that way since they had fired a large number of staff when the Ep 1 game didn't make launch on time and a share of other debacles. LA has turned into a marketting machine for anyone with a bad Star Wars idea. They don't need thinkers in house anymore, just salesmen.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    I think La. has no room to point fingers at anyone.