Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots

zap45zap45 Member Posts: 9
I haven't played Lineage II in a whiiiiiiiiile... and I quit mostly because of a combination between the PVP system and bots...

I really don't have a problem with Pkers... if they take pleasure in killing lowbies, then they'll face the consequences from high lvl players who love justice... But I got worked in the game because of pvp and bots...

For one, I hate bots with a passion. And I don't need to list reasons why. It's obvious. Bots are GAY.

So I suppose that was my undoing... upon encountering a bot while farming, I unleashed my unbridled rage and killed it... But while I was healing, it came back and started bashing back at me.

So I zoned into a dungeon... but having increased my infamy, those in the dungeon immediately noticed me and killed me, prompting me to drop my manticore armor.

In any case... this all brings me to a question.

Has Lineage II gotten better at getting rid of bots? I'm just wondering in case I want to play again...

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Originally posted by zap45
    I haven't played Lineage II in a whiiiiiiiiile... and I quit mostly because of a combination between the PVP system and bots...

I really don't have a problem with Pkers... if they take pleasure in killing lowbies, then they'll face the consequences from high lvl players who love justice... But I got worked in the game because of pvp and bots...

For one, I hate bots with a passion. And I don't need to list reasons why. It's obvious. Bots are GAY.

So I suppose that was my undoing... upon encountering a bot while farming, I unleashed my unbridled rage and killed it... But while I was healing, it came back and started bashing back at me.

So I zoned into a dungeon... but having increased my infamy, those in the dungeon immediately noticed me and killed me, prompting me to drop my manticore armor.

In any case... this all brings me to a question.

Has Lineage II gotten better at getting rid of bots? I'm just wondering in case I want to play again...

they dont attack back any more. they dont compete with your mobs any more either.  something in the way theyre operating for whatever reason.  they disengage a target if another person has targetted it.  it can be entertaining, attacking their mobs over and over and watching them run in circles.

currently the bot situation is nothing like it was back in C1 and C2.  I remember having long drawn out battles with botters claiming territories.  almost a shame, that doesnt really happen any more.  but I can only speak for Lionna

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • zap45zap45 Member Posts: 9
    Phew, well that's a relief...

From what I've seen of FFXI, they're really harsh on 3rd party programs and such... so I figured Lineage II might be doing the same.

It's nice to know the programming has adjusted for the better.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by Rayx0r

but I can only speak for Lionna

It´s like that on Teon, so i guess it´s like that on all servers also most off the bot groups will leave a room if you ask em nice ;)
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

From what i have seen, bots stay in the background now. I read the stories from the early days when bots had protectors and they chased people out of hunting areas. That must have been rough.

Luckily those days are gone. Random PK isn't to bad either now days. The bulk of the players are mid to high level now and no one bothers travelling all the way back to starter areas just to kill noobs. It a complete waste of time. New people who claim this is the case have no clue. The people are doing this are usually under level 20 and either a noob also or some angry high levels alt venting his frustration. 

I hate bots with a passion also. It drives me wild when I see them in town deleveling on the guards. And they mainly do it in the starter areas on top of it. No wonder people get pissed about lineage and leave right away.

I still have not a clue why they de-level anyway. I can't rap my brain around the idea no matter how many times its explained. Anyway thats the extent of my contact with bots in L2, watching them get killed by the guards. The amount of de-leveling going on is amazing.

We see them in the field also but some of them have an auto-log feature from what I understand. If anyone gets within a certain distance they log out. The ones that don't log usually end up with a bunch of players trying to pull a train on them hoping to get a drop.

• angeldevilangeldevil Member Posts: 18
    Everytime i tihnk that the psikology of PKers.It is so stupid to kill low level players.If u trust ur char go arena and PvP or get agressive in the middle of players.When u Pk by someone u lose so much ex.It is a really regretless