Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Polls: Server Type

Since theres a few of these hidden in different threads, I figured I'd give them their own.

Comments

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

And another

Another...

Analysis:

Offensive Classes seem to be more popular than Defensive classes. If this gives you any idea of how the spread will be on your server, you may find reason to change if you like belonging to a less dense class/archetype

Analysis:

All you can really conclude is that there are far more Fanbois on these forums than Hatebois. =P

Analysis:

The old school mechanics, which have been labled as obsolete in the wake of WoW's success and the subsequent "accessable" games that followed, appear to be Vanguard's primary lure. Not far behind is the designer's focus on immersion.

All that aside, 1/5 of you are reserving judgement until you've seen it yourself. Perhaps Sigil could do better at selling their game.

• VarcanVarcan Member Posts: 77

These polls were well done! Hope you get many responses.

edit: and a Sticky wouldn't be bad either

Me too, or a sticky =)

/bump

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Nice. /bump

Tho "What game, currently on the market, will Vanguard be competing with for your attention." I think Age of Conan is coming aout in bout same time so that's the only game I can see will come near or even be better then Vanguard.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Nice polls. Can't wait till beta 3 hope I get in finally.

• dinkdink Member Posts: 438

Vengeful - For the keep subscribing one - you should add the option of making Vanguard more accessible by removing the xp debt penalty and corpse runs and making travel time fast.  Oh, and making it so that you can do all of the content without group dependencies.

• dinkdink Member Posts: 438

On Server Type - which one is for optional PvP?  I like servers that let me play PvP when I want to play, but that don't let people run around ganking each other for no apparent reason.

Love DAoC's battlefields and I love Guild Wars - but I don't like getting deep into a quest and then having another player interrupt it with PvP.  Ruins my immersion in the quest.

• generis2generis2 Member Posts: 16

Very nice pool, it's nice to see what types of people will be taking up the game and what they expect and like.

Immersion for the win !!! (btw, alot of the options in the "Biggest Strength poll" falls under immersion)

Originally posted by dink

Vengeful - For the keep subscribing one - you should add the option of making Vanguard more accessible by removing the xp debt penalty and corpse runs and making travel time fast.  Oh, and making it so that you can do all of the content without group dependencies.

Thought about it, didn't want to add huge mechanics changes in there. Technically, I could have added things like "Mounted Combat" or other things that will be added post launch...I didn't think it fit.

Originally posted by dink

On Server Type - which one is for optional PvP?  I like servers that let me play PvP when I want to play, but that don't let people run around ganking each other for no apparent reason.
    Love DAoC's battlefields and I love Guild Wars - but I don't like getting deep into a quest and then having another player interrupt it with PvP.  Ruins my immersion in the quest.

Optional PvP is probably the PvE server...I don't think they'll have a PvP Flag sever ever, let alone at launch. These types of severs are very common, though and I thought were appropriate for the polls.

Originally posted by generis2

Very nice pool, it's nice to see what types of people will be taking up the game and what they expect and like.
    Immersion for the win !!! (btw, alot of the options in the "Biggest Strength poll" falls under immersion)

While I do think they add to Immersion, you could play the game and appretiate the seemless world and not care about the immersive aspects of it. The "Emphasis on Immersion" choice was just that...you appretiate that they are TRYING to make an immersive game, and you think it is (at this point) the game's strength.

Originally posted by DrSmaSh
    Nice. /bump

Tho "What game, currently on the market, will Vanguard be competing with for your attention." I think Age of Conan is coming aout in bout same time so that's the only game I can see will come near or even be better then Vanguard.

Didn't want to add anything that isn't on the market, you never know what happens between now and the release of a game =P

• tehGhosttehGhost Member Posts: 2
    I cast my votes :)

Sweet, and thanks for the bump.

• KelvaarKelvaar Member Posts: 16

When will you buy Vanguard?

There has to be an answer like "I want a trial first...after testing I decide if it's worthy"

• Dmodert66Dmodert66 Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Vengeful

I really wish you would have put a "none" on the one about "what other game".  None would have been reasonable, since I quite EQ2 8 months ago, and have had my attention soley on Vanguard.  Now if you included upcoming games, I might have had a better answer (I had to go with "Other" on the OP)...
  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Very nice polls Vengeful!

Too bad there wasn't a way to make all those polls required before posting in this forum! 

Originally posted by dragonace
    Very nice polls Vengeful!

Too bad there wasn't a way to make all those polls required before posting in this forum! 

I'm kinda hoping a moderator will Sticky'em